Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Luggage weights… (Read 305 times)
Sophia

Luggage weights…
Apr 21st, 2024 at 1:28pm

I’m being very particular and weighing everything so I’m not going to have heavy haulage in a suitcase!

Opting for med size suitcases (not big ones) and will limit weight to 16 kgs each including suitcase weight.
We have an allowance of 20 kgs each… so no ligaments strained/pulled, and 4 kgs each leeway is comforting. Gives us 8 kgs of freedom for oddities we might buy. Mainly on cruise ship… photo packages.

I will never forget in 2001 allowed 30kg suitcase and then having hell dragging them around up steps of country train in Italy, and on cobblestones of Rome!
Before returning home, I collected a few kgs of stuff and went out in street and gave to homeless (they are everywhere in Rome, sleeping on steps of inverted doorways)

Since then I’ve  learnt a lot about ease of lighter travel.

So I’m using a kitchen scale for precise ounces and kgs.
Yes I know trip isn’t until September, but it gives me luxury of time to pack and whilst it’s warm I wanted to be influenced for summer colours and clothes… in winter I tend to think dark wintry colours!

IP Logged

Sophia

Re: Luggage weights…
Reply #1 - Apr 21st, 2024 at 1:48pm

Amazing how suitcases vary in weight!
No way 4 kg suitcases.
Looking at those under 3 kg.

Then carry on total allowable is 7 kgs so I’m making sure it’s 5 kgs each or less.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #2 - Apr 21st, 2024 at 3:14pm

I was idly thinking about an overseas holiday when I was brought back to earth with a jolt: Socks!

Damn!

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

Sophia

Reply #3 - Apr 21st, 2024 at 3:42pm

Jovial Monk wrote on Apr 21st, 2024 at 3:14pm:
I was idly thinking about an overseas holiday when I was brought back to earth with a jolt: Socks!

Damn!

Aaah… there it is… reason why I had to strongly resist the urge to get/adopt another dog.
And was particularly made harder to resist as lockdowns happened!
As much as I grieved for Hutchy passing…I thought travel is still my desire…
And now we are free to travel …. but since daughter has a 1 year old dog now…. I enjoy dog sitting and have the benefits of both enjoying his company and also free to travel.

I know in my heart, once all travel on my bucket list done, and wish to travel no more, I will adopt one or two dogs as wonderful new family members.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #4 - Apr 21st, 2024 at 6:55pm

Sophia wrote on Apr 21st, 2024 at 3:42pm:

Damn!

Aaah… there it is… reason why I had to strongly resist the urge to get/adopt another dog.
And now we are free to travel …. but since daughter has a 1 year old dog now…. I enjoy dog sitting and have the benefits of both enjoying his company and also free to travel.

I know in my heart, once all travel on my bucket list done, and wish to travel no more, I will adopt one or two dogs as wonderful new family members.

Witnessed.  Smiley

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #5 - Apr 21st, 2024 at 8:53pm

Damn!

Absolutely.

DON’T buy a staghound. . .Bitch was so fast yesterday she got the lures before the end of the course. . .always wanting walkies and very strong.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

Sophia

Reply #6 - Apr 21st, 2024 at 11:08pm

Jasin wrote on Apr 21st, 2024 at 6:55pm:

Damn!

Witnessed.  Smiley

I love this dog! Lots of training …

https://vt.tiktok.com/ZSF7JudCE/

Daughter has trained some of those movements with her one year old Beaglier.
It’s fantastic.

IP Logged

Sophia

Reply #7 - Apr 24th, 2024 at 3:35pm

What’s annoying.
I gave this orange Antler suitcase I’m thinking of using as it’s 3.1 kg and good tough bag with wheels that go where we want them to go… only trouble is, the combo lock on side of bag where zip pulleys go… is locked and no key anywhere.
I could probably ignore it and use a normal little portable padlock instead.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print