Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Anzac Day the new target of the woke left? (Read 264 times)
MattE

Australian Politics

Anzac Day the new target of the woke left?
Apr 24th, 2024 at 9:58pm

There was a story published yesterday in The Australian where a group of teachers say they'll be using Anzac commemorations to push the Palestinian cause, highlighting the brutality of the Anzac troops against the Palestinians back in the day.

I am so sick of this Palestinian stuff seeping into everything in society. It is consuming everything the left touch these days.

Nothing is off limits, not even Anzac Day.

Why won't the government condemn these teachers?

Teachers, students lead strike on Anzac Day

A group of teachers has criticised Anzac Day and Australia’s role in the Middle East conflict, sparking a debate about national identity.

24 April 2024

NEWS.COM.AU

An Australian teacher group’s denunciation of Anzac Day has been labelled an “insidious” attack on national identity over Australia’s historical role in the oppression of Palestinian people.

A group called “Teachers and School Staff for Palestine in Victoria” has urged the community to stop glorifying the past and present actions of the Australian military on the national day of remembrance, which takes place annually on April 25.

The group created a comprehensive report outlining alleged injustices against Palestinians by the ANZAC Corps, during World War I, that they claim are often overlooked in historical accounts and seldom taught in schools.

[...]

Shadow minister for home affairs James Paterson criticised the act of questioning the legitimacy of a significant day for most Australians, calling it “insidious”.

“On one hand, this is offensive, ahistorical nonsense … but on the other, it’s a deeply dangerous attempt to dismantle one of the last unifying symbols of nationhood in Australia, long after people have trashed our flag, trashed our constitution, trashed our anthem, and Australia Day as well,” Mr Paterson told Sky News.

FULL STORY: news.com.au/national/politics/teachers-students-lead-strike-on-anzac-day/news-st
ory/39ef1bb10ca9dd5e7b85d63a0c75b165

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Re: Anzac Day the new target of the woke left?
Reply #1 - Apr 24th, 2024 at 10:06pm

ANZac Day to eventually become the official 'Invasion Day' - where Australian and New Zealand Military invaded other people's lands for America and Great Britain.

Mercenaries.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #2 - Apr 24th, 2024 at 10:36pm

Nah - it's an old target by now and everyone worth their salt is ready to repel all borderline cases who demand that it be changed for some absurd reason.

I dare them to actually try something other than their big mouths.  Australia is near boiling point already with all the nut cases running around.... I'd recommend they stay at home and watch the march on television and do their thing with themselves over it.

Land enclosures and exclusions, demands for money for nothing, idiot religionists stabbing people, over-immigration and homelessness, piss poor work opportunities and standards for the many as we descend further into third world status, lying fat cat politicians and their tame public servants stealing the voice of the people  ..... people have about had enough...

Bobby??? You're on ...... sometimes a civilised man has to do uncivilised things to retain civilisation and return it to normal.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Apr 24th, 2024 at 10:39pm

MattE wrote on Apr 24th, 2024 at 9:58pm:
There was a story published yesterday in The Australian where a group of teachers say they'll be using Anzac commemorations to push the Palestinian cause, highlighting the brutality of the Anzac troops against the Palestinians back in the day.

I am so sick of this Palestinian stuff seeping into everything in society. It is consuming everything the left touch these days.

A group of teachers has criticised Anzac Day and Australia’s role in the Middle East conflict, sparking a debate about national identity.

24 April 2024

NEWS.COM.AU

An Australian teacher group’s denunciation of Anzac Day has been labelled an “insidious” attack on national identity over Australia’s historical role in the oppression of Palestinian people.

A group called “Teachers and School Staff for Palestine in Victoria” has urged the community to stop glorifying the past and present actions of the Australian military on the national day of remembrance, which takes place annually on April 25.

The group created a comprehensive report outlining alleged injustices against Palestinians by the ANZAC Corps, during World War I, that they claim are often overlooked in historical accounts and seldom taught in schools.

[...]

Shadow minister for home affairs James Paterson criticised the act of questioning the legitimacy of a significant day for most Australians, calling it “insidious”.

“On one hand, this is offensive, ahistorical nonsense … but on the other, it’s a deeply dangerous attempt to dismantle one of the last unifying symbols of nationhood in Australia, long after people have trashed our flag, trashed our constitution, trashed our anthem, and Australia Day as well,” Mr Paterson told Sky News.

FULL STORY: news.com.au/national/politics/teachers-students-lead-strike-on-anzac-day/news-st

Immediate termination of services - not suitable to teach in Australia.  Round 'em up and put 'em the next plan to Gaza where they can complain to their heart's content.... hiding behind the walls defended by those men and women so they can make a mockery of their services.... go down to Anzac Day parade and wave your Palie flags there....

Bobby!  BOBBY!!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #4 - Apr 24th, 2024 at 11:06pm

No-one's interested in joining the Military, besides homosexuals.
The ADF will ask the Politicians to bring Slavery (conscription) back so they can get 'civilians/citizens' to fight their battles for them.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Apr 24th, 2024 at 11:23pm

24 April 2024

NEWS.COM.AU

[...]

Oh, MattE, thank God you're back. So much has changed, no?

Brexit, the big fella. Mr Abbott's gone, you know. Those hideous Teals, the Voice, all that.

Did you pass your psychiatry exams, dear?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Apr 24th, 2024 at 11:30pm

Jasin wrote on Apr 24th, 2024 at 11:06pm:
The ADF will ask the Politicians to bring Slavery (conscription) back so they can get 'civilians/citizens' to fight their battles for them.

Good point, JaSin.

Gay marriage - that's another thing, MattE. Officers can now marry, dear.

JaSin and the old boy say slavery ended far too soon. Not sure if you're allowed to say that over in Rhode Island.

Do you have Blacks there?

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #7 - Apr 24th, 2024 at 11:32pm

Oh. The sex tourist of Vietnam is here.

Goodnight from me.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Apr 24th, 2024 at 11:36pm

Jasin wrote on Apr 24th, 2024 at 11:06pm:

Well - they're working hard to drive the best and most suited out with their ideas on 'inclusion' and all the other rubbish.  A Madness has gripped the entire nation apart from a few of us...

As I alluded to in my paraphrasing of 'Oppenheimer' .... over the heads of many - the ability of man to create the atom bomb indeed showed that anything was possible.... from then on an amazing range of avenues have been explored that would never have been considered before - the atomic bomb was the catalyst and not the actual destroyer of worlds..... but due to that catalyst we have certainly lost everything Albert... blown up the world as we knew it... set fire to its atmosphere.... and the results are clear when we consider transgenderism...... perhaps the most extreme outcome of this realisation of possibility everywhere..... and not always for the best or for success.

I fear that what Oppenheimer did has destroyed the world as surely as if it had been A-bombed to death..... indeed he had become the destroyer of worlds... Nolan should have left the end of that movie right there..... let people ponder on what has been destroyed, how the cultural and social atmosphere was set fire to.... how much was lost....... rather than play the simplistic game of reminding them of the once faint possibility of nuclear annihilation.... there are more ways to destroy worlds than with A-bombs on rockets .....

But then - even though Chris Nolan is a kind of prick relative - being my kids' mother's first cousin.... he IS a Nolan... and though his movie ideas are interesting and a little off-beam - he needs my advice sometimes.... playing to the lowest common denominator is not the way to end a great movie, Chris.... the essence of art is to make people think..... not to paint them a finished picture so they walk away from the theatre without a single inquiring thought ..... Zombie Man Walking here.....

― John Adams

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Apr 24th, 2024 at 11:46pm

Jasin wrote on Apr 24th, 2024 at 11:32pm:

Goodnight from me.

Sleep well, dear.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Apr 25th, 2024 at 12:20am

We were fighting the Ottoman empire in Palestine.

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Apr 25th, 2024 at 12:32am

Baronvonrort wrote on Apr 25th, 2024 at 12:20am:

We were fighting the Ottoman empire in Palestine.

That's how stupid the 'woke' are - the Ottomans butchered far more Arabs than anyone ever did... The Madness has taken over this country....

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Apr 25th, 2024 at 12:36am

Jasin wrote on Apr 24th, 2024 at 11:32pm:

Goodnight from me.

Yeah - 'Waster' Sbace is here...  nothing to see here now....

"He's operating out there without any civilised constraint......."

"We... err... want you to travel up to the head of the Long Dong River..."

"Parra River?"

"No - there's only one of them ........  and ... errrrr... terminate the Karnal's command....."

"Terminate................................. The Karnal?"

"With EXTREME prejudice."

― John Adams

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print