Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Paris Olympics
Reply #15 - Jul 13th, 2024 at 4:30pm

Frank wrote on Jul 9th, 2024 at 11:36am:
Excitement Builds For First Olympic Games Held In Muslim Country

https://media.babylonbee.com/articles/668bf8aa0dd4a668bf8aa0dd4b.jpg

PARIS — With the world's top athletes gathering in Paris in the coming weeks, excitement among media and spectators alike continued to build around the globe for the first Olympic Games to be held in a Muslim country.

While the city of Paris had previously hosted the Olympic Games in 1900 and 1924, this year's Games of the XXXIII Olympiad will mark the historic first time that the storied athletic contests took place in an Islamic nation.

"We couldn't be more excited and also terrified," said International Olympic Committee President Thomas Bach. "This is a tremendous milestone for the Olympic Games, and we are honored to have them taking place in a Muslim country for the very first time. The beautiful architecture, the vibrant culture, the constant threat of violent knife attacks and mass murder… it all makes for a wonderful experience here."

The best athletes in the summer events from nations around the world also expressed eagerness to participate in the historic occasion. "It really is special," said Swedish female pole vaulter Hjördis Hjertsson. "I've been here in Paris for three days so far and I haven't been assaulted. Hopefully, I can survive until I can compete in my event. Fingers crossed!"

With just over two weeks until the opening ceremonies, authorities reported only eight mass stabbings, 30 assaults on Jews and Christians, and 264 sexual assaults in the last month leading up to the games.

At publishing time, the IOC was preparing to officially inform the athletes that all females would be required to compete in burqas.

Preparations for Olympics in full swing in Paris

https://x.com/ImtiazMadmood/status/1811728609200972181

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Crocodile Hunter: Origins

Rockhampton
Reply #16 - Jul 27th, 2024 at 7:33am

Congratulations Paris for putting on the best Opening Ceremony of all time. Better than Beijing's.

At this stage...
IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #17 - Jul 28th, 2024 at 3:54pm

Frank wrote on Jul 9th, 2024 at 11:36am:
Excitement Builds For First Olympic Games Held In Muslim Country

https://media.babylonbee.com/articles/668bf8aa0dd4a668bf8aa0dd4b.jpg

PARIS — With the world's top athletes gathering in Paris in the coming weeks, excitement among media and spectators alike continued to build around the globe for the first Olympic Games to be held in a Muslim country.

While the city of Paris had previously hosted the Olympic Games in 1900 and 1924, this year's Games of the XXXIII Olympiad will mark the historic first time that the storied athletic contests took place in an Islamic nation.

"We couldn't be more excited and also terrified," said International Olympic Committee President Thomas Bach. "This is a tremendous milestone for the Olympic Games, and we are honored to have them taking place in a Muslim country for the very first time. The beautiful architecture, the vibrant culture, the constant threat of violent knife attacks and mass murder… it all makes for a wonderful experience here."

The best athletes in the summer events from nations around the world also expressed eagerness to participate in the historic occasion. "It really is special," said Swedish female pole vaulter Hjördis Hjertsson. "I've been here in Paris for three days so far and I haven't been assaulted. Hopefully, I can survive until I can compete in my event. Fingers crossed!"

With just over two weeks until the opening ceremonies, authorities reported only eight mass stabbings, 30 assaults on Jews and Christians, and 264 sexual assaults in the last month leading up to the games.

At publishing time, the IOC was preparing to officially inform the athletes that all females would be required to compete in burqas.

Grin Grin Grin

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #18 - Jul 28th, 2024 at 4:11pm

Apart from the track and field events such as the 100m sprints etc
I 'm not very interested in the Olympics -
too many silly sports -
next they'll have tiddlywinks.     Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Jul 28th, 2024 at 4:21pm

Sodom And Gomorrah Set To Host 2028 Olympics

WORLD — In keeping with the Olympics' commitment to sexual violence and Satan worship, the International Olympic Committee announced today that the 2028 games would be held in the towns of Sodom and Gomorrah.

"They're a natural fit for us," explained Olympic Committee director Max Durgen. "Violent sexual debauchery forced upon unsuspecting visitors? Check. Openly mocking the Lord God? Check. They'll be hard pressed to top Paris, but I think they're up to the task."

According to sources, the Olympic Committee has sought to ensure that fun games between nations meant to promote peace and friendship also destroy the innocence of any children who might be watching. "If you're not sexualizing a little kid who's just trying to watch his country's swim team, what are you even doing?" asked marketing chair Steph Reginald. "Everyone needs to see Jesus mocked when they're wanting to watch gymnastics, and that mockery must include visible testicles. It's what the Olympics are all about, and that's why Sodom and Gomorrah will be the perfect host cities."

After years of being a pariah over their history of sexual violence, Sodom and Gomorrah have seen a dramatic change in fortune over the past decade. "People have really come around," said Sodom mayor Bangs Magill. "We're really excited to welcome so many visitors, and show them that famous Sodom hospitality we're known for."

At publishing time, France had decided to give Sodom a run for its money by doing a closing ceremony featuring a live virgin sacrifice to Beelzebub.

Here is the complete list of new events for the 2024 Summer Olympic Games:

Synchronized Surrendering: A beautiful French tradition going back millennia.

Women's armpit hair growing: Gross.

Shotput the homo off the roof: France's new migrant population has them in real position to challenge Iran.

Freestyle losing to Hitler and waiting for America to save us: France once again the heavy favorite.

100-meter Jew chasing: A lot like the 100m dash, but with the added element of chasing down Jews.

Downhill luge away from the suicide bomber: Motivating.

Team not showering: Why, France?

Cross country being obnoxious and pretending like you don't understand English: Might as well give France the gold right now.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Paris 2024: Golds AU 3 CH 3 US 1 FR 1 KOR 1
Reply #20 - Jul 28th, 2024 at 7:02pm

Paris 2024: Golds AU 3 CH 3 US 1 FR 1 KOR 1

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Re: Paris 2024: Golds AU 3 CH 3 FR 2 KOR 2 US 1
Reply #21 - Jul 28th, 2024 at 10:47pm

Updated. France moved to 2 x US not moving.
« Last Edit: Jul 29th, 2024 at 12:02am by Laugh till you cry »  

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Paris 2024: Gold JP 4 AU 4 CH 3 FR 3 US 3
Reply #22 - Jul 29th, 2024 at 9:45am

Japan leaps into the lead with 4 gold. US still underperforming.

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Paris 2024: Gold JP 4 AU 4 CH 3 FR 3 US 3
Reply #23 - Jul 29th, 2024 at 11:35am

US is getting a lot of 2nd and 3rd places. 3 gold out of 12 medals.

All top 6 countries have a higher rate of gold v total medals.

Australia has the best conversion rate 4 gold out of 6 medals. Japan 4 out of 7.
« Last Edit: Jul 29th, 2024 at 11:43am by Laugh till you cry »  

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Paris 2024: Gold JP 4 KO 4 AU 4 US 3 FR 3 CH 3
Reply #24 - Jul 29th, 2024 at 6:42pm

Korea has moved up. US still languishing.

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Paris 2024: Gold CH 4 JP 4 KO 4 AU 4 US 3 FR 3
Reply #25 - Jul 29th, 2024 at 8:12pm

China moves up.

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Re: Paris 2024: Gold CH 5 JP 4 KO 4 AU 4 US 3 FR 3
Reply #26 - Jul 29th, 2024 at 8:53pm

China moved up with second gold today.

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Paris 2024: Gold JP 6 CH 5 KO 5 AU 5 FR 5 US 3
Reply #27 - Jul 30th, 2024 at 10:03am

Japan has moved to the lead.

US is falling behind and its gold medal ratio is 15% gold to total medals. The UK is poised to pass US in gold.

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Paris 2024: Gold JP 6 CH 5 KO 5 AU 5 FR 5 US 3
Reply #28 - Jul 30th, 2024 at 12:07pm

In the Tokyo Olympics USA had 39 gold out of 113 medals which is a success rate of ~34%.

Currently in 2024 Olympics USA has 3 gold out of 20 medals which is a 15% success rate. If the USA continues at this rate it will likely get only 17 gold compared to 39 in Tokyo 2021.

This could be the first year China outscores the USA in Olympic gold medals.

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #29 - Jul 30th, 2024 at 8:53pm

OMG that usa swimmer Katie Ledecky, in the 1500m was finishing last lap on her own in the pool and others were still doing 2nd last lap going opposite way.
She wasn’t even puffing or out of breath.

Keep an eye on that one.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Send Topic Print