Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Rooftop Solar export charges (Read 1083 times)
Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rooftop Solar export charges
May 18th, 2024 at 9:53am

Victorian  & no doubt other states householders with solar putting energy back into the grid are now to be charged to do so.

Thus turning the residential rooftop solar energy policy introduced and pushed by govts about 15 years ago into a white elephant on their homes.

So instead of getting a return on your investment you are going to be charged to have it. Angry

That is unless you go off grid and get expensive battery backup for night use........

as long as the battery doesn't explode and burn your house down & gas you with toxic fumes.

That also costing $thousands more per household to put into the pockets of energy companies & companies pushing the renewable products.

So much for the renewables projects being pushed by the idiot Albanese Govt ... here we have people supplying renewable energy into the grid and it's now going to cost them to help reach Net Zero emissions.

It's an absolute scandal. As bad as water authorities charging farmers for water that falls from the sky that they collect in dams on their properties that they paid to have installed.

Quote:
Power companies will soon be able to charge Australians with rooftop solar panels for exporting electricity to the grid, under new rules introduced by the Australian Energy Market Commission (AEMC).

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-08-12/power-companies-to-charge-solar-owners-fo...

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Re: Rooftop Solar export charges
Reply #1 - May 18th, 2024 at 12:20pm

They already charge a fixed fee for “grid development and maintenance.”

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #2 - May 18th, 2024 at 3:59pm

As a primary provider of power - I expect instead the full payment per Kw...

Dare one ask why and how any government in their right mind would even allow such an idea the light of day?

Now, poppets - you understand why I call Cambra ACT The Gaga Strip.... they are beyond mad ........and you know what's worst?  They simply don't care............. true psychopaths ... how many years have I been telling yez all they are all insane?  As for their view of the peasants:-

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #3 - May 18th, 2024 at 4:00pm

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - May 18th, 2024 at 4:07pm

At the moment - Victoria is just the most insane... Ward C and leading the pack ..... Queensland a close second, WA behind in third place, SA starting to wind up a little...Terror Tree falling way behind the field ... Tas Mania living up to its name.... and NSW pacing itself until the final run-up to the election following Mount Warning then it will let loose alongside Land Rights and If Re-elected .......

People - you have GOT to get off this island ......  The East Islands are rising in unemployment again and the Kiwis will be upon us in floods again... so much for paradise in the South Seas and Maori liberation and land and all other rights, eh?  Love it or leave it they said - our way or the highway, they said - they're leaving on the highway... the Maori can go back to fishing and hunting....

Stop the Madness NOW!!
« Last Edit: May 18th, 2024 at 4:15pm by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

kurtz_1.jpg (62 KB | 6 )
kurtz_1.jpg

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #5 - May 19th, 2024 at 11:01am

Next con job is a Victorian incentive to rid the gas ducted heating to get reverse cycle air conditioners for free and only pay for instalments.
I had a quote, 5 air cons and only pay $4,750 for installation and the gas ducted heating motherboard removed/destroyed.

I’m not falling for it.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - May 19th, 2024 at 12:38pm

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #7 - May 19th, 2024 at 12:52pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on May 18th, 2024 at 3:59pm:
As a primary provider of power - I expect instead the full payment per Kw...

Dare one ask why and how any government in their right mind would even allow such an idea the light of day?

You may ask, but you won't like the answer:

The government - like you - thinks the profit-seeking private sector can effect a timely transition to the green economy.

The private sector including energy producers, whole-salers and retailers cannot, because they have to make a "return on investment", as Dutton is 'reminding' everyone today.   

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #8 - May 19th, 2024 at 12:57pm

lee wrote on May 19th, 2024 at 12:38pm:

The outcome of your 'small government' ideology.

Deplorable.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - May 19th, 2024 at 1:41pm

Sophia wrote on May 19th, 2024 at 11:01am:
Next con job is a Victorian incentive to rid the gas ducted heating to get reverse cycle air conditioners for free and only pay for instalments.
I had a quote, 5 air cons and only pay $4,750 for installation and the gas ducted heating motherboard removed/destroyed.

I’m not falling for it.

Jeez - even the Eld Gel here blew up over this one and said - we'll get a loan and put in batteries and cut the wires then.  Next move will be that all stand-alone systems must pay a fee for not belonging to the grid - down the Bega Valley the septic was installed and was cleared  for five years operation - the council decided they wanted to put in sewerage (but not to us) after two years - so they sent some five year old kid around in a company car to check on septics and then sent us a bill.

I said:- 'tell 'em they're dreamin'!" ... the Eld Gel - majority houseowner - sucked it all up and whimpered - "Don't get into trouble arguing with them..."..... then later in discussion with a business starter-up in town, he said that council had demanded many thousands from HIM for upgrades to the toilet or something ... he said - "No way - I'm renting the premises!". 

They eventually whimpered down and said - "Oh - it was always and only optional...... "

Later on The Guv started raving about charging for water held in our own dams built at our cost.... and they still have that one in reserve for farmers..... pricing water in the Murray Darling system and having farmers watch it flow past to waste into swamp so the macadamia farm with the big dollars can use some of it .... tell 'em they're dreamin'!

You must NEVER let City Hall in this country get any advantage over you - they will literally rob you blind.  We are heavily engaged (at our age) in conflict with the bank over their taking money to which they have no right or entitlement from accounts.... going on since start of January and is now in the hands of the Guv, and I am going to ACA.  One of their dorks even said to us that our mortgage contract enabled them to take money - say what?  Take money you are not owed?  The old standover bluff.  Over your dead bank.

Watch your bank accounts carefully for any missing funds... SOMEONE in the bank has their hand in the till - either the bank itself or the management or some worker.  I advise everyone to check back on their bank accounts to holiday time around NYE - and SEE if there are any funny disappearances of money not accounted for.

Somebody tell me this country has not gone to rack and ruin......

« Last Edit: May 19th, 2024 at 1:46pm by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

― John Adams

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #10 - May 19th, 2024 at 2:28pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on May 19th, 2024 at 1:41pm:
Sophia wrote on May 19th, 2024 at 11:01am:

I’m not falling for it.

Jeez - even the Eld Gel here blew up over this one and said - we'll get a loan and put in batteries and cut the wires then.  Next move will be that all stand-alone systems must pay a fee for not belonging to the grid - down the Bega Valley the septic was installed and was cleared  for five years operation - the council decided they wanted to put in sewerage (but not to us) after two years - so they sent some five year old kid around in a company car to check on septics and then sent us a bill.

I said:- 'tell 'em they're dreamin'!" ... the Eld Gel - majority houseowner - sucked it all up and whimpered - "Don't get into trouble arguing with them..."..... then later in discussion with a business starter-up in town, he said that council had demanded many thousands from HIM for upgrades to the toilet or something ... he said - "No way - I'm renting the premises!". 

They eventually whimpered down and said - "Oh - it was always and only optional...... "

Later on The Guv started raving about charging for water held in our own dams built at our cost.... and they still have that one in reserve for farmers..... pricing water in the Murray Darling system and having farmers watch it flow past to waste into swamp so the macadamia farm with the big dollars can use some of it .... tell 'em they're dreamin'!

You must NEVER let City Hall in this country get any advantage over you - they will literally rob you blind.  We are heavily engaged (at our age) in conflict with the bank over their taking money to which they have no right or entitlement from accounts.... going on since start of January and is now in the hands of the Guv, and I am going to ACA.  One of their dorks even said to us that our mortgage contract enabled them to take money - say what?  Take money you are not owed?  The old standover bluff.  Over your dead bank.

Watch your bank accounts carefully for any missing funds... SOMEONE in the bank has their hand in the till - either the bank itself or the management or some worker.  I advise everyone to check back on their bank accounts to holiday time around NYE - and SEE if there are any funny disappearances of money not accounted for.

Somebody tell me this country has not gone to rack and ruin......

It's all the government's fault...trouble is, you support 'user pays', because you don't want to pay taxes.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - May 19th, 2024 at 8:23pm

Never ever supported 'user pays'.  Get your hand off it ...

― John Adams

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - May 19th, 2024 at 8:44pm

Until they stop political donations,  this is the sort of stupidity we can expect from governments.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - May 19th, 2024 at 10:25pm

John Smith wrote on May 19th, 2024 at 8:44pm:
Until they stop political donations,  this is the sort of stupidity we can expect from governments. 

This is happening under state and federal Labor governments.

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - May 19th, 2024 at 10:37pm

Baronvonrort wrote on May 19th, 2024 at 10:25pm:
John Smith wrote on May 19th, 2024 at 8:44pm:

This is happening under state and federal Labor governments.

All parties are at the beck and call of their donors.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print