Send Topic Print
Ukraine war update (Read 17802 times)
tallowood
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Ukraine war update
Reply #345 - Sep 10th, 2024 at 11:17am

Report from the other side.

BTW, there are casualties estimates given.

Quote:
But how many casualties are we?
600,000 Ukrainian dead soldiers, over a million casualties. And remember that they haven't had the effective medical evacuation and treatment that exists on the Russian side.

The Russians have had probably 50,000 dead, although some claim less, some claim more. I would certainly say 50,000.
You might come up with numbers for 55 to 60,000, particularly if you look at the Donetsk and
Luhansk militias and perhaps Kadyrov's Chechen forces it might go to 63,000.

Reality is a figment of imagination

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #346 - Sep 10th, 2024 at 11:36am

chimera wrote on Sep 7th, 2024 at 3:07pm:
thegreatdivide wrote on Sep 7th, 2024 at 12:14pm:
Neither you - nor  the pre-existing blind freedom or death ideology,  "wrote the UN Charter";  the ancient instinctive (unreasoning) 'freedom or death'  ideology forced the veto into the UNSC,  against the wishes of the delegates from smaller nations present at the creation of the UN Charter, thereby immediately nullifying the Charter.

Putin attacked Russia because the veto allowed him to, just as GW Bush attacked Iraq because the veto allowed him to. 

"Forgive them, for they know what what they do..."  (with their pygmy brains overruled by tribal instincts. ...)

word salad for 7th September brought to you by thegreatdivide

Accusation of "word salad "....beats actually  debating the points made; typical of conservative pygmy brains.

So today the Oz government is facing veteran suicides; turns out war is brutal and dehumanizing; and unless the entire population is totally onboard with the war, returned veterans commit suicide at three times the rate of the general population when they see their mates called "war criminals" - which some are, as they give reign to their murderous instincts while engaging in the hideous "freedom or death" ideology  enabling "legal" murder.

You "freedom or death" pygmy brain --- a word salad indeed.

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #347 - Sep 10th, 2024 at 12:01pm

thegreatdivide wrote on Sep 10th, 2024 at 11:36am:

I can't argue with that. Maybe add mayonnaise. Or Caesar Dressing. By the way, what on earth are you talking about?

IP Logged

tallowood
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #348 - Sep 10th, 2024 at 1:27pm

... ...

Quote:
On Friday, the 3rd Azov Brigade announced that it was launching a successful counteroffensive near Toretsk.

Today, they published seven obituaries.

We think that's not all.

For some reason, they don't write about this on their telegram channels.

We wish them even more obituaries and tickets to Bandera.

IP Logged

Daves2017
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #349 - Sep 10th, 2024 at 2:50pm

The little I’ve read indicates the red army cannot be stopped by propaganda alone.

The Ukrainian defence is nothing short of the most amazing in recent history but to continue fighting 4 to 1 will only eventually end in defeat.

I sincerely hope they prove me wrong!

IP Logged

tallowood
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #350 - Sep 10th, 2024 at 5:21pm

Daves2017 wrote on Sep 10th, 2024 at 2:50pm:
The little I’ve read indicates the red army cannot be stopped by propaganda alone.
The Ukrainian defence is nothing short of the most amazing in recent history but to continue fighting 4 to 1 will only eventually end in defeat.
I sincerely hope they prove me wrong!

There is nothing amazing about the Ukrainian defense, they have 1.8:1 superiority in numbers in the conflict zone and NATO material backup. However Russians have advantage in air-power and armour and more importantly moral superiority after Zelensky mobilization law forcing unwilling and often medically unfit people in to AFU.

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #351 - Sep 10th, 2024 at 6:19pm

Ukraine is the Atheist Superpower of Poofs and Panzers crushing the morally righteous Slav village of unarmed church-singers.

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #352 - Sep 10th, 2024 at 6:23pm

chimera wrote on Sep 10th, 2024 at 6:19pm:
Ukraine is the Atheist Superpower of Poofs and Panzers crushing the morally righteous Slav village of unarmed church-singers. 

Ukraine conquered Chimera without firing a shot.

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #353 - Sep 10th, 2024 at 6:41pm

Now you're getting the idea. Ukraine was victorious over Ukraine using the cunning no-shooting tactic.  Jews laminated Melbourne which is in terror.

IP Logged

tallowood
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #354 - Sep 11th, 2024 at 12:12pm

AFU losses 9/09/24

Quote:
Personnel – 2175
Armored vehicles – 11, including:
BBM – 8 (including 4 "Kazak")
BMP – 3 (including 1 "Bradley")
Auto – 43
Art – 25, including:
SPG "Akatsiya" – 1
SPG "Bogdana" – 1
SPG "Gvozdika" – 1
SPG "Krab" – 1
SPG "PzH-2000" – 1
D-20 – 5
D-30 – 4
Msta-B – 1
FH-70 – 1
L119 – 3
M198 – 1
M777 – 3
MLRS BM-21 "Grad" – 1
MLRS M270 "MLRS" – 1
RLS KBB AN/TPQ-50 – 1
Electronic warfare station – 1
Electronic warfare station “Anklav-N” – 2
Electronic warfare station “Bukovel-AD” – 1
Field ammunition depot – 8
Unmanned aerial vehicle production workshop destroyed, military airfield infrastructure damaged
“Hammer” (UAV) – 7
HIMARS (RS) – 7
UAVs – 175 (including 154 outside the SVO zone)

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #355 - Sep 11th, 2024 at 4:56pm

chimera wrote on Sep 10th, 2024 at 12:01pm:
thegreatdivide wrote on Sep 10th, 2024 at 11:36am:

I can't argue with that. Maybe add mayonnaise. Or Caesar Dressing. By the way, what on earth are you talking about?

I'm talking about your delusional, ancient "freedom values" ideology, which you cant see, because you are deluded by ancient tribal instincts.

.....which rendered international law null and void  - in fact stillborn - when the UNSC veto was demanded by the great powers  in 1946: "no veto, no UN Charter", they asserted.

"For all the be free, all must submit to rule of law": Cicero.

never mind....

Interestingly, Trump - who "doesn't like killing people in wars" -  made a good point today: he would have prevented Putin going into Ukraine because he could speak to Putin at any time; and the Pentagon is more powerful than the Russian military....

...and Trump was armed with some negotiating points re Russians living in Donbas and Crimea, to avoid war.

Whereas Harris' side only spoke to Zelensky - and 3 weeks later Putin went to war, no compromises mentioned.

And a million lives are lost...."freedom or death" mentality rules again.   

Meanwhile, Trump doesn't like the nuclear option being discussed in Russia... 
« Last Edit: Sep 11th, 2024 at 5:02pm by thegreatdivide »  

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #356 - Sep 11th, 2024 at 5:03pm

Having had to do some 'work' in Ukraine early this year.
I can assure you that the Ukrainians are very much the same ex-Soviet savages as the Russians are. It's very much two ex-Soviet peoples (because they really haven't had a few generations to cleanse themselves of that past) - culling their own populations in the usual Soviet 'mass-fodder' style of warfare. Ukraine, the slightly less so - due to having to follow a more NATO-USA style if they want to keep getting more Ammunition/Weapons/War Machines, etc... at a less than reasonable 'interest' on it all.

Two birds, one stone: Russia suffering more losses per ratio, but Ukraine will come out economically far worse from all their 'borrowing'  and 'contracts' to NATO/USA.
In a way, Ukraine would have faired better if Russia did annex it. Because Russia would have been forced to pay for the massive 'rebuild' of Ukraine.
Do you think NATO/USA are going to rebuild Ukraine?
Especially when Ukraine's future will be heavily weighed down by the massive debts for all this 'help' they've been getting.
I can tell you - just for Media/Propaganda reasons, only 25% of everything given to them from other nations has in fact been honestly 'For Free' (Donation). Under the table though, its costing Ukraine a fortune in future paybacks.

Ukraine's only hope is that China invades Russia (for resource rich Siberia and a return to the far north of the Yellow Man). Forcing Russia to capitulate for peace while having to suddenly send ALL OF ITS FORCES east against China... who has already 'taken' land from Russia this year and over 600,000 Chinese (uniformed too) now occupy Russian lands. Lands where Putin can't even offer his 'whitey' Russians 'free land', buildings, houses in those Chinese inhabited 'Russian' lands because they refuse to live there, many having been 'forced out' already by the influx of Chinese.

Russia is between a rock (Ukraine/NATO) and a hard place (China/Mongolia).
Russia's only ally in this situation is India, who is also having to deal with influxes of 'Chinese civilians' into disputed territories. Of course, these civilians are not really civilians.  Wink

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #357 - Sep 11th, 2024 at 5:13pm

chimera wrote on Sep 10th, 2024 at 6:41pm:
Now you're getting the idea. Ukraine was victorious over Ukraine using the cunning no-shooting tactic.  Jews laminated Melbourne which is in terror.

(looking past the gibberish)

Speaking of Jews: how about an alternative to endless war in the ME and genocide in Gaza;  the arrest of Hamas in exchange for implementation of UN res 181?

Maybe even toss in the outlawing of regimes who oppress women on false religious grounds, like the Iranians and Taliban regimes?   Most of the Islamic world would be  interested.

Thereby shining the light on Netanyahu's genocidal Jews
("Palestine is ours") ; would rational Israelis  be prepared to negotiate, to establish UN res 181, as per international law?

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #358 - Sep 11th, 2024 at 5:14pm

thegreatdivide wrote on Sep 11th, 2024 at 4:56pm:
you are deluded by ancient tribal instincts.

Repetition of 'freedom or death' of the pygmies is part of your illogic, which is the point I'm debating. I never mentioned 'freedom' and veto at least keeps the UN alive.
I noted the lack of veto on Korea 1950, which you didn't respond to. So Ukraine war stops when Trump speaks? Does Putin obey Cicero?
N Korea was equal to UN armies. Vietnam and Afghans beat US, so how is Pentagon stronger in the field on the Russian border? Trump doesn't like the nukes? And so......?

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #359 - Sep 11th, 2024 at 5:19pm

thegreatdivide wrote on Sep 11th, 2024 at 5:13pm:
  the arrest of Hamas in exchange for implementation of UN res 181?

erm...cof cof...'freedom or death'?
Yeah go for it, bomb Gaza and win, easy. Outlaw Iran, yup. Too easy. Are you tribal?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 53
Send Topic Print