Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Fracturing of Australia (Read 890 times)
Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Fracturing of Australia
Jun 1st, 2024 at 12:40pm

Australia each month looks more like a country riven by two cultures – fooling itself that because it has no duplication of the Biden-Trump political clash and has compulsory voting that it has avoided the cultural schism that plagues America and other Western nations.

We are kidding ourselves. The nation is more divided than ever about fundamental values leading to a growing cultural chasm with two sure consequences: it is far more difficult to achieve national interest policies and once a society is split on values then mutual trust quickly evaporates. This is Australia’s plight.

We cannot get things done because we disagree fundamentally. Every sign is the situation is getting worse. The cultural schism is not a straight binary split but more a series of intersecting splits. The best political summary, though simplified, is surging progressivism on the attack against the liberal and conservative tradition. The diversity of the chasm reveals its complexity – it includes identity politics, the climate threat, minority rights, rac­ism, environmentalism, educa­tional instruction, Australia’s history, migrant policy, religious freedom and Indigenous justice.

Above all, it is a conflict over morality.
That’s what makes it intractable. The driving force is the rejection of the existing moral order. Many of these political conflicts can be reduced to a moral severance as two competing cultures evolve. The voice referendum merely highlighted the nation’s wider fracture.

Education is at its epicentre. It is no accident that a week ago Peter Dutton warned that university education was being corrupted with students increasing taught “what to think”, not “how to think”; with places of higher education now becoming “places of indoctrination”.

The Opposition Leader called for a societal-wide effort to purge indoctrination in education, a sentiment widely shared on the conservative side of politics. He said anti-Semitism was tied to ideology and propaganda in education, a stance certain to inflame institutional resistance given the education sector and the universities are the originating cradle of progressive politics and its causes.

Greens leader Adam Bandt refused on the ABC Insiders program last weekend to endorse the idea of a Jewish state in the Middle East, accused Labor and Liberals of backing genocide and human-engineered famine, and mobilised the Greens against Labor as the banner-carriers of the Palestinian cause and spearhead of anti-Israeli sentiment across Australia. At the same time, Jewish Liberal MP Julian Leeser has declared racism is no longer seen as an objective and moral truth but is manipulated as a subjective tactic for political ends, with the Greens now a racist party worse than One Nation.

The most revealing feature of the Laura Tingle furore on racism was the astonishing article in The Sydney Morning Herald by the new Labor-appointed Australian Race Discrimination Commissioner, Giridharan Sivaraman, who announced that racism “is embedded in our society and culture” and that it operates as a function of “power and privilege”. He said our “settler colonial history is ongoing”, that systematic racism needs to be identified and that racism is in our schools, hospitals, dealings with police, getting a job and renting a property.

Sivaraman said the Australian Human Rights Commission is devising a new national anti-racism framework for governments to approve. His agenda means the nation under Labor can expect a far greater focus on our systemic racism in the cause of human rights.

Of course, there is racism in Australia but Sivaraman’s stance seems a virtual endorsement of the disastrous critical race theory (propounded in the US by academics Richard Delgado and Jean Stefancic) that says “racism is present everywhere and always” – the more you look for racism the more racism you find because it was always there. Tackling racism is an important issue but treating Australia as a nation where racism is embedded and systematic – an article of faith for many progressives – will guarantee more social conflict and greater division in the nation. Progressives have learnt nothing from the referendum defeat.
https://www.theaustralian.com.au/inquirer/the-middle-east-war-has-exposed-the-sh...

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Re: Fracturing of Australia
Reply #1 - Jun 1st, 2024 at 12:55pm

Frank wrote on Jun 1st, 2024 at 12:40pm:
Progressives have learnt nothing from the referendum defeat.

Fantastic! They probably think the vote was defeated.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #2 - Jun 1st, 2024 at 3:10pm

chimera wrote on Jun 1st, 2024 at 12:55pm:
Frank wrote on Jun 1st, 2024 at 12:40pm:
Progressives have learnt nothing from the referendum defeat.

Fantastic! They probably think the vote was defeated.

Clearly the Labor states didn't notice that small defect...... they just decided to ride rough shod over their majority people as if by some right.... the Right to Rule...

Clearly they WANT to lose the coming elections.... nobody can be that stupid.  Told yez about Albo's Big Plan - to rid Labor of its dead wood in the 'academics' and so forth and bring the workers to the fore again.... get Labor back to its genuine roots before they root it completely.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #3 - Jun 1st, 2024 at 3:13pm

Australia will fracture into many 'independent nations' of their own accord when the CIVIL WAR expels the Yankee 'Unionists' back to North America with their Eureka Stockade wank-rubbish.

Nations like New England, Cape York, Riverina, Orara, Wimmera, Ngarkat, Centralia, Monaro, Hunter, Capricornia, Pilbara, Kimberley, Arnhem and many more.

This will culturally enrich this continent far more than some bland 'one nation' bore where you travel the entire length of the continent and still see the same shyte from where you came from.

There was a time where crossing the border of NSW and Victoria gave a very different cultural experience where you didn't get 'the same thing' on many levels.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Sir Eoin O Fada
Gold Member

Australian Politics

New England, NSW
Reply #4 - Jun 6th, 2024 at 6:42pm

Jasin wrote on Jun 1st, 2024 at 3:13pm:
Australia will fracture into many 'independent nations' of their own accord when the CIVIL WAR expels the Yankee 'Unionists' back to North America with their Eureka Stockade wank-rubbish.

Nations like New England, Cape York, Riverina, Orara, Wimmera, Ngarkat, Centralia, Monaro, Hunter, Capricornia, Pilbara, Kimberley, Arnhem and many more.

This will culturally enrich this continent far more than some bland 'one nation' bore where you travel the entire length of the continent and still see the same shyte from where you came from.

There was a time where crossing the border of NSW and Victoria gave a very different cultural experience where you didn't get 'the same thing' on many levels.

The rail gauge changed as well.

Self defence is a right.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Jun 6th, 2024 at 6:49pm

That's the aim - small unofficial states vying with one another for any tiny share of power and cash they can get... hopelessly divided and thus unable to mount an effective defence against overbearing government of dictators, which is exactly what we see developing now with the Voice By Stealth and Imposition being forced on the electorate against their express wishes.

People's Rights Forever!!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #6 - Jun 6th, 2024 at 6:56pm

By jingo. The propagandists will save Aussies from reality.

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #7 - Jun 6th, 2024 at 7:16pm

Is it too late for Australia to be saved and united by culture.

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Jun 6th, 2024 at 7:59pm

Laugh till you cry wrote on Jun 6th, 2024 at 6:56pm:
By jingo. The propagandists will save Aussies from reality.

[url]https://i.pinimg.com/originals/bd/9d/ac/bd9dacdf5fed9277b580dd42687f
e020.jpg[/url]

Which one ARE you, Throbbo?

Paki is top right. Turd is top left.
Bbwiyawn is bottom right.

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #9 - Jun 6th, 2024 at 8:01pm

Which one are you Frank?

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Jun 6th, 2024 at 8:11pm

Laugh till you cry wrote on Jun 6th, 2024 at 8:01pm:
Which one are you Frank?

I am not a Jew, throbbo.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Jun 6th, 2024 at 8:12pm

Which one are you Frank?

I am not a Jew, throbbo.

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #12 - Jun 6th, 2024 at 8:13pm

Frank wrote on Jun 6th, 2024 at 8:12pm:
Which one are you Frank?

I am not a Jew, throbbo.

They rejected you?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Jun 6th, 2024 at 9:33pm

Franks not jewish. He never had his foreskin removed,  instead he had his brain circumcised.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Jun 6th, 2024 at 11:15pm

That, son - is known around here as a five skin.... size matters ...

― John Adams

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print