Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I'm Bill Shorten and I just wanted let you know (Read 210 times)
Daves2017
Gold Member

Australian Politics

I'm Bill Shorten and I just wanted let you know
Jun 4th, 2024 at 10:51pm

That 20k for a speech is cheap!

I'm using your money wisely!

Don't worry about Centrelink failures!

That's what I'm paid the best part of half a million to worry about and I will, once I finish rehearsal of this beautiful new speech I just got, you brought, I'm committed to not wasting taxpayer $$$ so I will spend every working minutes in practice to perfect my delivery of it!

Yours kindly,

Bill, failed X leader of the Labor party

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Re: I'm Bill Shorten and I just wanted let you know
Reply #1 - Jun 5th, 2024 at 12:58am

Hi, Bill - welcome to speech writers anonymous.... just go by the name Bill.... now your first step is to do what you've done - accept that you have a problem with understanding money handled in trust for others  .... can anyone help Bill further unravel this issue?  Sussan - you've had direct experience... thank you for offering..... I see we have a few people from Travel Australia here tonight as well...... great to see you .... which one of you wants to start first?

https://www.msn.com/en-au/money/markets/bill-shorten-denies-any-involvement-in-s...
« Last Edit: Jun 5th, 2024 at 1:08am by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Daves2017
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Jun 6th, 2024 at 1:23pm

I admire his comeback - " it's nothing to do with me, I had nothing to do with it other than read the word's. We employ multiple public service employees to make these decisions and block any accountability coming back on ministers, good luck pinning this on me".

Not a sorry I'll look into this, nah, never born to lead but happy to spend every tax dollar we give him without taking any accountability.

Bill Shorten, another bullet/ bullshit the Australian public dodge at the ballot box!
« Last Edit: Jun 6th, 2024 at 6:29pm by Daves2017 »  

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #3 - Jun 6th, 2024 at 8:19pm

Daves2017 wrote on Jun 6th, 2024 at 1:23pm:
I admire his comeback - " it's nothing to do with me, I had nothing to do with it other than read the word's. We employ multiple public service employees to make these decisions and block any accountability coming back on ministers, good luck pinning this on me".

Not a sorry I'll look into this, nah, never born to lead but happy to spend every tax dollar we give him without taking any accountability.

Bill Shorten, another bullet/ bullshit the Australian public dodge at the ballot box!

"Hey - I only read 'em, man.... I don't make 'em, you know...."

"Well... Bill .... you know we don't criticise our new members here at Speech Writers Anonymous.... but we always prefer that they stay as close to the truth as possible.... our second step is acknowledging the times we've mislead people or outright lied to them, using that very excuse you just put forward... Sussan?  You've got something to add?"

"Yes - I found that it was really easy to just tell a glib lie when I was rorting travel and stayover money so I could go to a friend's party and buy up another investment property.... all I had to say was it was 'business' for my position and off it went into the bank account.... I had to really man up and come clean about some of my antics.... and I cannot recall any speech writer of mine being paid that much..... maybe only about $295 kpa or so... but it IS a negotiable position... and a team position.... there are always a few of them going at that rate...."

"So what are you saying?"

"Bill just needs to man up like I did.... shifting blame like some pork barrel expert shifting cash to his electorate or to a marginal one is just not the way things should be done... even if they are!"

"Errr... thank you, Sussan..... I think....... ah, Bill?"

"But doesn't everyone doing it make it right?  Especially when nobody can stop them - might makes right?"

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print