Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Poll Poll
Question: Will Convicted Felon Trump Skip The Debate?

Yes - He's a liar    
  2 (28.6%)
No - He'll say it was rigged    
  5 (71.4%)

Total votes: 7
« Created by: greggerypeccary on: Jun 23rd, 2024 at 12:36pm »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14
Send Topic Print
US Presidential Debate (Read 3728 times)
Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Re: US Presidential Debate
Reply #60 - Jun 28th, 2024 at 1:48pm

Biden lost the debate:

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/crgedpw4r5eo

The president came into the debate with a low bar to clear, and he stumbled. He was flat. He was rambling. He was unclear.

Roughly midway through the debate, the Biden campaign told reporters that the president was been battling a cold - an attempt to explain his raspy voice. That may be so, but it also sounded like an excuse.

For 90 minutes, more often than not, Joe Biden was on the ropes. Particularly early in the evening, some of his answers were nonsensical. He ended one answer by saying, “We finally beat Medicare” – an odd reference to the government run healthcare programme for the elderly.

Mr Biden's own former communications' director Kate Beddingfield was on CNN immediately after the debate, and she was clear: "There's no two ways about it, that was not a good debate for Joe Biden."

She said his mission was to prove he had the energy and the stamina, and he failed.

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #61 - Jun 28th, 2024 at 1:49pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jun 28th, 2024 at 1:45pm:
Laugh till you cry wrote on Jun 28th, 2024 at 1:40pm:
The debate demonstrated why Genocide Joe Biden was in the shadows for most of his political life.

He is weak. He has no vision. He is manipulated by others and has no integrity.

The other guy is a rapist, insurrectionist, and convicted felon.

As far as optics go, Joe was terrible in the debate today but he's still the best choice for America in this two horse race.

He's certainly not the best the Dems can offer though.

"When the People fear government there is Tyranny;
When government fears the People there is Freedom & Liberty!"

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

MattE

Australian Politics

Reply #62 - Jun 28th, 2024 at 1:55pm

Decisions need to be made.

Biden isn't the official candidate yet.

Dems freak out over Biden’s debate performance: ‘Biden is toast’

One prominent operative texted, “Time for an open convention.”

By Eugene Daniels
27 June 2024

POLITICO

President Joe Biden opened the debate with a raspy voice and disjointed, rambling answers, reigniting Democratic concerns about his age and ability to take on former President Donald Trump.

Many of the president’s answers were hard to follow. At one point, seemingly losing his train of thought, Biden said “we finally beat Medicare,” misspeaking about his own policy on earned benefits.

In text messages with POLITICO, Democrats expressed confusion and concern as they watched the first minutes of the event. One former Biden White House and campaign aide called it “terrible,” adding that they have had to ask themselves over and over “What did he just say? This is crazy.”

FULL STORY: https://www.politico.com/news/2024/06/27/biden-debate-opening-concerns-00165595

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #63 - Jun 28th, 2024 at 2:10pm

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #64 - Jun 28th, 2024 at 2:29pm

Biden was slow out of the blocks, but he got back in after the first 20 minutes.

Trump lied most of the time, and just abused Biden the rest of it.  I saw him say nothing I have not seen him say a zillion times already....."I was the best the World has ever seen, our economy was the likes of which nobody has ever seen, the Military and Firemen and Border Force love me, Ukraine would never have happened under me, October 7 would never have happened if I was Pres,"...all easy claims to make and  cannot be disproven, because it it is simply impossible to go back in time.  I am sure a fact checker will be putting their truth slide role over what each of them said, soon.

No doubt, Biden was off key.

One thing Trump said which took my ear.

He said he had made Iran broke and because if that, if he had still been POTUS, Iran would never have been able to fund Hamas etc.

I immediately thought of what triggered the War in the Pacific on the 7th December, 1941, and that was the USA's deliberate strangulation of the Japanese economy.

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #65 - Jun 28th, 2024 at 2:37pm

The Democrats will have do something.

It was simply awful. I reckon the universal view will be that Biden is now beyond saving.   Shocked

The 2025 election could be a shocker.
IP Logged

goosecat
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #66 - Jun 28th, 2024 at 2:39pm

Leader of the free world and most powerful/dangerous military/economic weapons available.
It's not a joke, you cannot want a continued successful USA for others to hopefully follow around the world rather than choose an opposite direction and vote for this cognitive corpse.
Anyone who would vote Biden has the analytical depth of a child.

Moment Biden Self Imploded In Debate

https://www.news.com.au/world/north-america/us-politics/moment-biden-self-implod...

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #67 - Jun 28th, 2024 at 2:50pm

gavin newsome is polishing his shoes and selecting a tie

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #68 - Jun 28th, 2024 at 2:57pm

Yes, Biden is finished.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #69 - Jun 28th, 2024 at 2:58pm

aquascoot wrote on Jun 28th, 2024 at 2:50pm:

https://www.skynews.com.au/world-news/united-states/gavin-newsom-licking-his-cho...

Gavin Newsom ‘licking his chops’ after Biden’s ‘unfortunate performance’

2 hours ago

Sky News host James Morrow believes California Governor Gavin Newsom will be “licking his chops” after Joe Biden’s “unfortunate performance” in the first presidential debate.

The first debate between US President Joe Biden and his predecessor Donald Trump has concluded in Atlanta.

“It was a sad – it was an unfortunate performance from him,” Mr Morrow told Sky News Australia.

“Gavin Newman, I think, will be licking his chops with what he saw tonight.

“He is an obvious next step.”

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #70 - Jun 28th, 2024 at 2:59pm

If he wins he will screw the US like he screwed California.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #71 - Jun 28th, 2024 at 3:02pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jun 17th, 2024 at 5:39pm:
The first US presidential debate between incumbent Joe Biden and Republican rival Donald Trump (filthy rapist and convicted felon) is scheduled for 27 June.

Trump says he will be there so, he obviously won't be there.

What will be his excuse for dropping out of the debate?

"It's rigged"

"Fake media"

"Joe didn't take a drug test"

"The batteries in my mic-pack might get wet, and I could be eaten by a shark"

"Witch hunt!"

Where's the unflushable gob o' sh***e and the wee pantaloon sniffer from Pakistan when you need their analysis?

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #72 - Jun 28th, 2024 at 3:03pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jun 17th, 2024 at 5:39pm:
The first US presidential debate between incumbent Joe Biden and Republican rival Donald Trump (filthy rapist and convicted felon) is scheduled for 27 June.

Trump says he will be there so, he obviously won't be there.

What will be his excuse for dropping out of the debate?

"It's rigged"

"Fake media"

"Joe didn't take a drug test"

"The batteries in my mic-pack might get wet, and I could be eaten by a shark"

"Witch hunt!"

Where's the unflushable gob o' sh***e and the wee pantaloon sniffer from Pakistan when you need their analysis?

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #73 - Jun 28th, 2024 at 3:05pm

Frank wrote on Jun 28th, 2024 at 2:59pm:

If he wins he will screw the US like he screwed California.

gavin is a very good orator and he has total self belief.
he is the lefts version of trump.

he is, however, from california and most other states HATE what that state stands for and think he is a failure and cali is a failed state.

i'd like to see newsom v de santis

trumpy is a great stand up comedian and a great troll and a polarising figure
but ron is a proven effective operator , a great orator and a uniting figure

trump is patton
ron is eisenhower

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #74 - Jun 28th, 2024 at 3:15pm

Aussie wrote on Jun 28th, 2024 at 2:29pm:
Biden was slow out of the blocks, but he got back in after the first 20 minutes.

Trump lied most of the time, and just abused Biden the rest of it.  I saw him say nothing I have not seen him say a zillion times already....."I was the best the World has ever seen, our economy was the likes of which nobody has ever seen, the Military and Firemen and Border Force love me, Ukraine would never have happened under me, October 7 would never have happened if I was Pres,"...all easy claims to make and  cannot be disproven, because it it is simply impossible to go back in time.  I am sure a fact checker will be putting their truth slide role over what each of them said, soon.

No doubt, Biden was off key.

One thing Trump said which took my ear.

He said he had made Iran broke and because if that, if he had still been POTUS, Iran would never have been able to fund Hamas etc.

I immediately thought of what triggered the War in the Pacific on the 7th December, 1941, and that was the USA's deliberate strangulation of the Japanese economy.

Yes, but if you remember, Mr Trump stopped sending those pallets of newly printed US dollars Obama was flying over to the Iranian government each day, Aussie.

Billions and billions of nice, clean bills. Just think, nobody had ever thought of doing that before. You need political outsiders to come up with solutions like that, no?

Also, he made European countries pay their NATO bills. Just think, every quarter, NATO would send the bills out. Those arrogant French and humourless German leaders would just ignore them, can you imagine? And there was the US, complete suckers, paying for everybody else.

All it took was for Mr Trump to go in with a bill to hand over - they didn't like that! They came up with all these excuses, but ultimately, they paid.

Then there were his tariffs. There was Chi-na, ripping Americans off and taking them for fools. Mr Trump taxed Chi-na, and suddenly, America was back in the black again, money rolling in. Americans had never been richer or happier.

Mr Trump worked with Vlad, Xi, Kim and all the other tough leaders to make sure there were no more wars, it was all so beautiful.

Ah, the good old days.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14
Send Topic Print