Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print
Most farmers getting less rain (Read 1351 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Most farmers getting less rain
Jun 26th, 2024 at 5:57am

Here's and interesting graph showing the trend in rain fall across Australia since 1960:

https://www.science.org.au/curious/policy-features/whats-happening-australias-rainfall

Most of Australia's population, and most of our agriculture (by value) is located where rainfall is trending down - the east coast from Adelaide to central QLD, and the southwest. The monsoonal (summer/tropical) rains on the other hand are increasing and often coming further south.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Re: Most farmers getting less rain
Reply #1 - Jun 26th, 2024 at 7:14am

The BuMet/CSIRO State of the Climate Reports from 2018 on, which I posted about, said that the southern half of the country is drying out and the northern half is getting wetter so not sure why it is a surprise.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Jun 26th, 2024 at 9:04am

freediver wrote on Jun 26th, 2024 at 5:57am:
Here's and interesting graph showing the trend in rain fall across Australia since 1960:

https://www.science.org.au/curious/policy-features/whats-happening-australias-rainfall

https://www.science.org.au/curious/sites/default/files/images/aus-rainfall-1960-...

Most of Australia's population, and most of our agriculture (by value) is located where rainfall is trending down - the east coast from Adelaide to central QLD, and the southwest. The monsoonal (summer/tropical) rains on the other hand are increasing and often coming further south.

I'd say the graph is inaccurate.

2 years ago on an outback jaunt into the SW corner of QLD, into Sth Aust to Innamincka then back into NSW at Tibooburra, down to Broken Hill then through Menidee Lakes to Wentworth on the NSW/Vic border, back up through central NSW, to Hay, Hilston, Lake Cargelligo, Parkes, Dubbo, Gilgandra, Narrabri to Goondiwindi & home ....

the country was green and raining through most parts. Mennidee Lakes were chocka full.
The grain growing country from Hilston north to Gilgandra was in it's 3rd bumper cropping season.
Old blokes in the pub at Hilston couldn't remember so many successive bumper years.

It had been flooding through a lot of the country on our route. One route we wanted to take was closed.

We had rain with us most of the way from Gilgandra north & into QLD.

The following year contacts in Gilgandra said they'd had another wet and flooding event which was the start of another bumper year.

Last year and this year has seen a lot of rain through those areas and to the coast of NSW.

Every 2nd weekend watching the NRL games in Newcastle & Sydney it's been pissing down, like it did again last weekend.

I've recently been on an outback loop out to Morven, up to Barcaldine and back through Springsure, the coalfields, Theodore, Crackow, Eidsvold and home. Accept it is dry around Barcaldine(still plenty of grass) the country was green and lush. The cattle rolling fat.

A rain band from the far northwest is currently going through Central & SE QLD as I type.

It's raining here now - late June in winter.

Are you trying out some more Church of the Climate Change Alarmists propaganda?

Lake Eyre has been filling since February and water is still flowing into it.

https://australianairsafaris.com.au/news/lake-eyre-water-level/

Quote:
Good coverage on Lake Eyre
April 2024

Several tours have visited Lake Eyre in April, and the conditions have been outstanding. The country between Birdsville and Lake Eyre is increasingly green and lush, with extensive water in the landscape.
« Last Edit: Jun 26th, 2024 at 9:17am by Gnads »  

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #3 - Jun 26th, 2024 at 9:08am

Quote:

Are you attempting to reject climate change because you went out west once while they had a wet season?

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Jun 26th, 2024 at 9:20am

freediver wrote on Jun 26th, 2024 at 9:08am:
Quote:

Are you attempting to reject climate change because you went out west once while they had a wet season?

They've been having good seasons for the past 4 years ..... and I've gone out west 4 times in the past 4 years.

Climate always changes. It has since the world began. It's not an occurrence that warrants catastrophic alarmism.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #5 - Jun 26th, 2024 at 9:20am

Dear FD,
would you mind moving this to the Environment MRB?

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Jun 26th, 2024 at 9:21am

Bobby. wrote on Jun 26th, 2024 at 9:20am:
Dear FD,

Who made you King Billy?  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #7 - Jun 26th, 2024 at 9:29am

Gnads wrote on Jun 26th, 2024 at 9:21am:
Bobby. wrote on Jun 26th, 2024 at 9:20am:
Dear FD,

Who made you King Billy?  Roll Eyes

I am only a humble messenger.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Jun 26th, 2024 at 11:43am

Quote:

What are the parameters of 'climate change'? How long is weather and when does it become climate?

Obviously the weather is different each day, month, year and each locality there is a trend in all sorts of aspects of the weather - hours of sun, temsp, cloud, rain, frost, snow, wind, (water cycle) - which can be statistically aggregated to give us 'climate'.

Would a weather station's measurements change if you put it in a park originally, but a hundred years later it is surrounded by concreted car parks and streets and building? Is urbanisation a contributor to 'cimate change' in cities growing very quickly?

Forest fires 100 years didnt claim as many lives as they can now because there weren't so many 'eco-friendly' people living is mismanaged forested areas.

And so and so forth.  Climate change, net zero, rebewables, clean energy, carbon pollution - so many slogans, so many shibboleths to tell religio-political friend from foe.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #9 - Jun 26th, 2024 at 11:43am

Gnads wrote on Jun 26th, 2024 at 9:20am:
Quote:

They've been having good seasons for the past 4 years ..... and I've gone out west 4 times in the past 4 years.

Climate always changes. It has since the world began. It's not an occurrence that warrants catastrophic alarmism.

What about blind denial?

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Jun 26th, 2024 at 12:16pm

freediver wrote on Jun 26th, 2024 at 11:43am:
Quote:

What about blind denial?

What about blind indoctrination?

IP Logged

JC Denton
Gold Member

Reply #11 - Jun 26th, 2024 at 12:39pm

Jovial Monk wrote on Jun 26th, 2024 at 7:14am:
The BuMet/CSIRO State of the Climate Reports from 2018 on, which I posted about, said that the southern half of the country is drying out and the northern half is getting wetter so not sure why it is a surprise.

this is the precipitation pattern you would expect from a hotter world

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #12 - Jun 26th, 2024 at 12:48pm

Gnads wrote on Jun 26th, 2024 at 12:16pm:
freediver wrote on Jun 26th, 2024 at 11:43am:
Quote:

What about blind denial?

What about blind indoctrination?

You are the one insisting that the statistics are incorrect because you noticed some rain.

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Jun 26th, 2024 at 1:46pm

the BOM said at the start of 2023 that we were entering an el nino event.

now after 18 months of above average rainfall, they have scrapped that.

seriously, people just make it up as they go along

you can fight mother nature if you wish and you'll lose but only 100 % of the time

and you certainly cant predict her

the morons who think they can predict whats going to happen are morons

i dont think anyone has any idea what the future holds in terms of rainfall.

we are told the oceans are rising which is patent BS

the best bet is to take "personal responsibility" for your energy , water and food requirements, to the greatest extent you can

to rely on the "system" is not a fruitful way of moving forward

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #14 - Jun 26th, 2024 at 1:57pm

aquascoot wrote on Jun 26th, 2024 at 1:46pm:
the BOM said at the start of 2023 that we were entering an el nino event.

now after 18 months of above average rainfall, they have scrapped that.

seriously, people just make it up as they go along

you can fight mother nature if you wish and you'll lose but only 100 % of the time

and you certainly cant predict her

the morons who think they can predict whats going to happen are morons

i dont think anyone has any idea what the future holds in terms of rainfall.

we are told the oceans are rising which is patent BS

the best bet is to take "personal responsibility" for your energy , water and food requirements, to the greatest extent you can

to rely on the "system" is not a fruitful way of moving forward

It appears that Aquascoot has decided that horse sense is the only solution to AGW.

However, the only evidence Aquacooot has is horse sh!t.

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print