Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Most farmers getting less rain (Read 1361 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: Most farmers getting less rain
Reply #45 - Jun 27th, 2024 at 5:36pm

aquascoot wrote on Jun 27th, 2024 at 3:57pm:
freediver wrote on Jun 27th, 2024 at 1:51pm:
aquascoot wrote on Jun 27th, 2024 at 12:13pm:
freediver wrote on Jun 27th, 2024 at 10:22am:
Quote:
heres the graph of drought conditions for europe for the last century

doesnt look like much of a "trend"

And yet there is a trend line in your plot. Honestly scoot, your strawmen are getting stupider by the day.

really?

i think you suffer from "imaginitis"

Grin

Own goal.

It's the black dashed line scoot.

http://www.ozpolitic.com/album/forum-attachments/european_drought.jpg

are you channelling John Smith
Percentage of Europe experiencing moderate drought conditions during the 20th century
the black line shows that on average, 20 % of europe experiences drought each year and the TREND line shows that it was 20 % a century ago and 20 % at the end of the century.  ie   there is no more drought today then 100 yrs ago (at least in europe).

please re read and apolgise Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

That is not what it shows. Did they not teach you haw to read graphs in primary school?

In any case, I am glad you have been able to identify the trend line.

Before we spend too much time teaching you have to read a graph, would you like to clarify whether you are trying to make some kind of point, and what that point might be?

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #46 - Jun 27th, 2024 at 5:45pm

freediver wrote on Jun 27th, 2024 at 5:36pm:
aquascoot wrote on Jun 27th, 2024 at 3:57pm:
freediver wrote on Jun 27th, 2024 at 1:51pm:
aquascoot wrote on Jun 27th, 2024 at 12:13pm:
freediver wrote on Jun 27th, 2024 at 10:22am:
Quote:
heres the graph of drought conditions for europe for the last century

doesnt look like much of a "trend"

And yet there is a trend line in your plot. Honestly scoot, your strawmen are getting stupider by the day.

really?

i think you suffer from "imaginitis"

Grin

Own goal.

It's the black dashed line scoot.

http://www.ozpolitic.com/album/forum-attachments/european_drought.jpg

are you channelling John Smith
Percentage of Europe experiencing moderate drought conditions during the 20th century
the black line shows that on average, 20 % of europe experiences drought each year and the TREND line shows that it was 20 % a century ago and 20 % at the end of the century.  ie   there is no more drought today then 100 yrs ago (at least in europe).

please re read and apolgise Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

That is not what it shows. Did they not teach you haw to read graphs in primary school?

In any case, I am glad you have been able to identify the trend line.

Before we spend too much time teaching you have to read a graph, would you like to clarify whether you are trying to make some kind of point, and what that point might be?

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

do you agree the line shows that 20 % of europe was in drought in 1900, 1910, 1920,1930,1940,1950, 1960,1970, 1980, 1990, 2000?

please explain how the trend is going up  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #47 - Jun 27th, 2024 at 5:54pm

Quote:
do you agree the line shows that 20 % of europe was in drought in 1900, 1910, 1920,1930,1940,1950, 1960,1970, 1980, 1990, 2000?

No. I know how to read a graph.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #48 - Jun 27th, 2024 at 7:26pm

freediver wrote on Jun 27th, 2024 at 5:54pm:
Quote:

not until you go and learn how to read a graph  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #49 - Jun 28th, 2024 at 8:07am

aquascoot wrote on Jun 27th, 2024 at 7:26pm:
freediver wrote on Jun 27th, 2024 at 5:54pm:
Quote:

not until you go and learn how to read a graph  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Are you trying to outdo Brian Ross?

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #50 - Jun 28th, 2024 at 8:40am

UnSubRocky wrote on Jun 27th, 2024 at 12:51pm:
Jovial Monk wrote on Jun 27th, 2024 at 11:38am:
LOL, the Bradfield scheme might get implemented or we need one SMR to power all the massive reverse osmosis water purifying installations needed to turn seawater into fresh water!

The Bradfield scheme is one big waste of time and resources. It won't be implemented. Better to spend billions on developing an inland river system so that the rainfall that is received out west will not pool in few locations. Make some dams and have river systems that do exist to be channeled into them. Ideally, this can be near townships.

I was being sarcastic there. Mind you, another 50 years of the drying trend in the southern half and it may become inevitable.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Crocodile Hunter: Origins

Rockhampton
Reply #51 - Jun 28th, 2024 at 12:47pm

Jovial Monk wrote on Jun 28th, 2024 at 8:40am:
UnSubRocky wrote on Jun 27th, 2024 at 12:51pm:
LOL, the Bradfield scheme might get implemented or we need one SMR to power all the massive reverse osmosis water purifying installations needed to turn seawater into fresh water!

The Bradfield scheme is one big waste of time and resources. It won't be implemented. Better to spend billions on developing an inland river system so that the rainfall that is received out west will not pool in few locations. Make some dams and have river systems that do exist to be channeled into them. Ideally, this can be near townships.

I was being sarcastic there. Mind you, another 50 years of the drying trend in the southern half and it may become inevitable.

Alrighty... you tricked me there.

I was once a serious advocate for putting the Bradfield scheme into action. But, people convinced me that they did an in depth feasibility study on the matter. It would have been a failure.

At this stage...
IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #52 - Jun 28th, 2024 at 7:05pm

freediver wrote on Jun 26th, 2024 at 12:48pm:
Gnads wrote on Jun 26th, 2024 at 12:16pm:
freediver wrote on Jun 26th, 2024 at 11:43am:
Gnads wrote on Jun 26th, 2024 at 9:20am:
freediver wrote on Jun 26th, 2024 at 9:08am:
Quote:
Are you trying out some more Church of the Climate Change Alarmists propaganda?

Are you attempting to reject climate change because you went out west once while they had a wet season?

They've been having good seasons for the past 4 years ..... and I've gone out west 4 times in the past 4 years.

Climate always changes. It has since the world began. It's not an occurrence that warrants catastrophic alarmism.

What about blind denial?

What about blind indoctrination?

You are the one insisting that the statistics are incorrect because you noticed some rain.

It wasn't some rain dickhead

it was 4 years of rain & in some locations flooding rains in most seasons.

Menindee Lakes don't fill without substantial rain in far north QLD Gulf country flowing down into the Darling River catchment .... this has happened at least 3 years in a row .... enough to maintain the levels in Menindee Lakes for a similar time despite the irrigation demands & also allowing further releases for the Murray river system.

You & your scaremongering graphs are just BS.

Do you have a problem reading or are you just totally obseesed in you beliefs about AGW?

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #53 - Jun 28th, 2024 at 8:37pm

Gnads wrote on Jun 28th, 2024 at 7:05pm:
Quote:

Are you attempting to reject climate change because you went out west once while they had a wet season?

They've been having good seasons for the past 4 years ..... and I've gone out west 4 times in the past 4 years.

Climate always changes. It has since the world began. It's not an occurrence that warrants catastrophic alarmism.

What about blind denial?

You are the one insisting that the statistics are incorrect because you noticed some rain.

So what?

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #54 - Jun 30th, 2024 at 11:36am

Jovial Monk wrote on Jun 26th, 2024 at 8:38pm:
aquascoot wrote on Jun 26th, 2024 at 1:46pm:
the BOM said at the start of 2023 that we were entering an el nino event.

now after 18 months of above average rainfall, they have scrapped that.

seriously, people just make it up as they go along

you can fight mother nature if you wish and you'll lose but only 100 % of the time

and you certainly cant predict her

the morons who think they can predict whats going to happen are morons

i dont think anyone has any idea what the future holds in terms of rainfall.

we are told the oceans are rising which is patent BS

the best bet is to take "personal responsibility" for your energy , water and food requirements, to the greatest extent you can

to rely on the "system" is not a fruitful way of moving forward

LOL!

How long do you think an El Nino lasts, idiot? The BoM resisted calling an El Nino for some time. The El Nino this time was not the typical hot–dry in eastern Australia, more a very wet El Nino that happens occasionally.

The hot water in the central Pacific from the South American post is giving way to cold surface waters—El Nino passing to La Nina.

Not a thing wrong with what the BoM reported.

Should not the Mod of Environment, joke tho he is, have responded to your crap, Scoot?

There are 2 different weather patterns that occur in the Pacific Ocean and can affect weather around the world.

El Nino brings dry & drought conditions. Droughts as you know can last for years.

El Niño years are never "occasionally wet".

La Niña brings about the wet years.

Which we've had for the past 3 to 4 years at least.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #55 - Jun 30th, 2024 at 11:45am

Reverse Osmosis desalination plants are extremely expensive to operate.... that's why many in Australia aren't operating & have become
white elephants. The one on the Gold Coast is a perfect example.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #56 - Jun 30th, 2024 at 11:47am

Gnads wrote on Jun 30th, 2024 at 11:45am:

Reverse Osmosis desalination plants are extremely expensive to operate.... that's why many in Australia aren't operating & have become
white elephants. The one on the Gold Coast is a perfect example.

They might start operating on an intermittent basis with more wind and solar power production. There will be plenty of times when electricity is very cheap. This sort of thing would help reduce the need for storage.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #57 - Jun 30th, 2024 at 11:47am

lee wrote on Jun 27th, 2024 at 12:57pm:
With this less rainfall  - it is amazing that crop yields keep increasing.

Yes ... we are going into our 4th bumper season for grains, cotton, canola and sugar cane.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #58 - Jun 30th, 2024 at 11:49am

UnSubRocky wrote on Jun 27th, 2024 at 1:37pm:
lee wrote on Jun 27th, 2024 at 1:33pm:
Yep. So rainfall is NOT the be all and end all.

Our farmers developed a work ethic that they have to be obsessive-compulsive about how they farm. They cannot just rely on it raining every week to keep from suffering drought conditions.

The only way our farmers would have better crop yields would be if a volcano sprouted up off the west coast of Australia and started spewing volcanic ash for a week of every year.

What a load of bollocks.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #59 - Jun 30th, 2024 at 11:53am

freediver wrote on Jun 28th, 2024 at 8:37pm:
Gnads wrote on Jun 28th, 2024 at 7:05pm:
Quote:

What about blind denial?

So what?

re: your graph ..... so what?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print