Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 26
Send Topic Print
Fatima Payman is a good moslem (Read 12392 times)
whiteknight
Gold Member

Australian Politics

melbourne
Re: Fatima Payman is a good moslem
Reply #60 - Jul 6th, 2024 at 2:26pm

This is why the senate is very important.  We don't want a government either labor or the coalition, with an automatic rubber stamp.   Sad 

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #61 - Jul 6th, 2024 at 2:30pm

whiteknight wrote on Jul 6th, 2024 at 2:26pm:
This is why the senate is very important.
We don't want a government either labor or the coalition, with an automatic rubber stamp.   Sad 

Hear hear sir Crook,
Albo wants to rule like a King -
he doesn't care what his own members and electors think.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #62 - Jul 6th, 2024 at 2:31pm

freediver wrote on Jul 6th, 2024 at 7:08am:
MattE wrote on Jul 5th, 2024 at 9:20pm:
I like her only because she is going to be trouble for Labor. The thing is, Labor tried doing the woke thing in regards to her and now it'll cost them.

If a non-hijab wearing Labor MP or Senator crossed the floor on anything, the party would have come down on them like a ton of bricks. They would have been out for breaking caucus solidarity.

Why the exception for her?

Similar story to Lydia Thorpe. Put into parliament for her colour, until the party realised she was a nutter.

Fati Payman is onto a winner. A Muslim diversity hire woman ratting on her party, posing as the victim of political intrigue and crusading (!) on a distant, peripheral issue which she wasnt elected on  - she is bound to become the darling of the left.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

whiteknight
Gold Member

Australian Politics

melbourne
Reply #63 - Jul 6th, 2024 at 2:50pm

Well Bobby, one should vote greens, or for a good teal independent.   Smiley 

IP Logged

MattE

Australian Politics

Reply #64 - Jul 6th, 2024 at 3:00pm

John Smith wrote on Jul 6th, 2024 at 2:15pm:
MattE wrote on Jul 6th, 2024 at 2:03pm:
They didn't treat her like any other ALP MP or Senator who would cross the floor.

Sure they did. It's not the first time labor has acted on members crossing the floor and it won't be the last. Labor has always been very strict on members who cross the floor. Thats why they make them pledge, when they join the party, to abide by whatever caucus decides.

They can disagree all they want during party meetings, but once a majority decision is made, all members must abide by it. Especially when there is a vote in parliament on it. It's for this reason that penny wong even voted against gay marriage when it was first proposed, despite how she privately felt about it. It took penny years of making her case to her own party before labors official position changed.

They treated Fatima Payman very differently.

If it was a white male Senator crossing the floor on an issue, they would have been expelled immediately. None of this suspended for one day, then a week etc. stuff granted to Payman.

Funny thing is, Senator Payman played Albanese like a fiddle. While he was virtue signalling, she was plotting.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #65 - Jul 6th, 2024 at 3:11pm

whiteknight wrote on Jul 6th, 2024 at 2:50pm:

The trouble is that the Greens give their preferences to Labor -
so a vote for Greens is a vote for Labor.

We are being ripped off by our preferential voting system.

IP Logged

whiteknight
Gold Member

Australian Politics

melbourne
Reply #66 - Jul 6th, 2024 at 3:19pm

Yet what about the Nationals.  Don't they always support the liberals?.   Sad

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #67 - Jul 6th, 2024 at 3:27pm

whiteknight wrote on Jul 6th, 2024 at 3:19pm:
Yet what about the Nationals. 
Don't they always support the liberals?.   Sad

Most of the time or they don't stand in each other's seats.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #68 - Jul 6th, 2024 at 3:41pm

I did say that Penny Wongway wanted a Palestinian state - that was OK  - kosher with Labor, so to speak - this Fatima wants a Palestinian state - and that's no good coming from a Muslim....

Hmmm ... what IS Labor playing at here?

Cat's Cradle ... " the idea of the cat's cradle, implying that the game, with its invisible cat, is an appropriate symbol for nonsense and the meaninglessness of life" .... (fits well here)...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat%27s_Cradle

In my context - as in the book - playing with the cat's cradle creates utter confusion and ultimately disaster..... so I ask again - what is Labor playing at here?  Or are they just turning on themselves and each other like rats in a barrel ......... bring the cat .... or give 'em the cat ....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

MattE

Australian Politics

Reply #69 - Jul 6th, 2024 at 4:51pm

Bobby. wrote on Jul 6th, 2024 at 3:11pm:

You're wrong.

Voters give their preference to another candidate. The parties do not give anything to any other candidate.

If you choose to follow the suggestion on the political party how to vote card, that is on you and your lack of understanding on how to vote.

I have never followed a "how to vote" card. I always put Greens candidates last.

As for the fairness of our system, it is fair.

Last night we saw a UK Labour landslide with less votes than what Corbyn received. Candidates in the UK won with only 30 percent of the voters in a constituency voting for them.

In Australia, a candidate in the House of Representatives must win 50%+1 in order to win their seat. But again, if you don't know how to vote and believed you had to follow a "how to vote" pamphlet, that is on you and your lack of a civics education.
« Last Edit: Jul 6th, 2024 at 5:08pm by MattE »  

IP Logged

whiteknight
Gold Member

Australian Politics

melbourne
Reply #70 - Jul 6th, 2024 at 5:01pm

I think if I wasn't following a how to vote card, then I would always put the coalition ( Liberals and Nationals ) last.   Smiley   

IP Logged

MattE

Australian Politics

Reply #71 - Jul 6th, 2024 at 5:10pm

whiteknight wrote on Jul 6th, 2024 at 5:01pm:
I think if I wasn't following a how to vote card, then I would always put the coalition ( Liberals and Nationals ) last.   Smiley   

So why aren't you doing that? Or are you too silly to understand the "how to vote" card is nothing more than a suggestion?

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #72 - Jul 6th, 2024 at 5:13pm

MattE wrote on Jul 6th, 2024 at 4:51pm:
Bobby. wrote on Jul 6th, 2024 at 3:11pm:

You're wrong.

Voters give their preference to another candidate. The parties do not give anything to any other candidate.

If you choose to follow the suggestion on the political party how to vote card, that is on you and your lack of understanding on how to vote.

I have never followed a "how to vote" card. I always put Greens candidates last.

https://i.ibb.co/n11K0xT/Screenshot-20240706-165401.png

As for the fairness of our system, it is fair.

Last night we saw a UK Labour landslide with less votes than what Corbyn received. Candidates in the UK won with only 30 percent of the voters in a constituency voting for them.

In Australia, a candidate in the House of Representatives must win 50%+1 in order to win their seat. But again, if you don't know how to vote and believed you had to follow a "how to vote" pamphlet, that is on you and your lack of a civics education.

I never follow the how to vote card but most people do.
I bet at least 95% of people just tick the boxes as they are told.    Roll Eyes

People are sheep.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #73 - Jul 6th, 2024 at 5:35pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 4th, 2024 at 2:31pm:
Gnads wrote on Jul 4th, 2024 at 8:59am:
Brian Ross wrote on Jul 3rd, 2024 at 10:01pm:
You know, I just wish that some of you would talk to every day Muslim men and women.  I really do.  You might get some idea of what they think and why you're so mistaken.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Why don't you just admit you've swallowed the Taqiyya of Islam used by practically all Muslims in all sects.

Why no just admit that your an Islamophobe?  You don't know any Muslims.  You just hate them on principle.  Just as you hate Indigenous Australians.  You're just a Racist, Gnads.  A complete WOFTAM.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Incorrect ... I hate woke bending the knee sycophants like you.

You don't know who I know or have known.

You're such a woke softcock all you have is to call anyone critical of ideals & policy in regards to Muslim migration, Muslim demands or Aboriginal issues ... racist.

You're the epitome of a WOFTAE.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

MattE

Australian Politics

Reply #74 - Jul 6th, 2024 at 5:37pm

Gnads wrote on Jul 6th, 2024 at 5:35pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jul 4th, 2024 at 2:31pm:
Gnads wrote on Jul 4th, 2024 at 8:59am:
Brian Ross wrote on Jul 3rd, 2024 at 10:01pm:
You know, I just wish that some of you would talk to every day Muslim men and women.  I really do.  You might get some idea of what they think and why you're so mistaken.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Why don't you just admit you've swallowed the Taqiyya of Islam used by practically all Muslims in all sects.

Why no just admit that your an Islamophobe?  You don't know any Muslims.  You just hate them on principle.  Just as you hate Indigenous Australians.  You're just a Racist, Gnads.  A complete WOFTAM.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Incorrect ... I hate woke bending the knee sycophants like you.

You don't know who I know or have known.

You're such a woke softcock all you have is to call anyone critical of ideals & policy in regards to Muslim migration, Muslim demands or Aboriginal issues ... racist.

You're the epitome of a WOFTAE.

They're normally the ones who complain about parties giving their preferences away... not knowing that it is them doing it by following those how to vote cards.

One Nation voters on the other hand are hard to poll because they seem to not follow how to vote cards. It is why seats with a high One Nation vote can take a while to count.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 26
Send Topic Print