Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Tassie cop was a pedophile (Read 369 times)
Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Tassie cop was a pedophile
Jul 5th, 2024 at 11:07pm

He's now dead but he got away with it for decades.   Shocked

https://www.1news.co.nz/2024/07/05/aussie-cop-master-groomer-of-50-boys-likely-h...

Aussie cop 'master' groomer of 50 boys 'likely had more victims'

The "horrific" grooming and sexual abuse of more than 50 young boys by a former police officer who used his status to stealthily target his victims over three decades is likely more pervasive, a reviewer concedes.

Warning: some content in this story may be distressing to some readers.

Senior Sergeant Paul Reynolds used his status as a "trusted" member of Tasmania's police force and a "much-loved" community member to groom and abuse up to 52 young boys as far back as 1988, a final independent review into his behaviour found.

Reynolds, who worked for a decade after accusations were first raised against him, took his life in September 2018 while being investigated over child abuse allegations.

The report, led by barrister and former war crimes prosecutor Regina Weiss, heard from 87 people, among them 15 male victims or their families.

Weiss conceded there were likely many more victims of the pedophile cop who have not come forward.

"I've worked in sexual and gender-based violence for nearly 20 years — some of that in war zones," she said.

"This is the most prolific grooming I have seen perpetrated by one person in my career.

"He was a master at it."
Influenced criminal proceedings

The review found Reynolds used the perception he had power as a police officer to influence the outcome of criminal processes over his victims.

There was no evidence to suggest he interfered with evidence or tampered with investigations, the review said.

On one occasion, Reynolds visited a victim's house with a "likely fabricated" police report, telling the victim he could make the complaint "go away" if he performed a sexual act on him.

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Re: Tassie cop was a pedophile
Reply #1 - Jul 6th, 2024 at 8:37am

Quote:
Reynolds, who worked for a decade after accusations were first raised against him, took his life in September 2018 while being investigated over child abuse allegations.

A decade ago accusations were first raised against him… so that gives me the impression he was protected or maybe not working alone?
Did he really take his own life or made out to be as such so others involved weren’t named?

I don’t reckon one sole person could go this far for this long without any proper investigation/prosecution without a hierarchy into the mix.

Just my sus thoughts.
This investigation stops dead with his death?

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #2 - Jul 6th, 2024 at 1:48pm

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-03-17/michael-ferguson-office-notified-of-polic...

Pedophile Paul Reynolds

Ex-police minister's office notified of child sex abuse concerns before
Paul Reynolds's honour-guard funeral

By Alexandra Alvaro
updated Mon 18 Mar 2024

In short: RTI documents show the office of former Tasmanian police minister Michael Ferguson was notified of child sex abuse allegations against a senior police officer before the policeman's police funeral.

Mr Ferguson could not say exactly when he read the briefing but indicated it was likely he read it when he signed off on it three weeks later.

What's next? The Greens say it is unlikely Mr Ferguson was not aware of the contents of the briefing note before the funeral went ahead and have questioned why a review into Mr Reynolds was not launched immediately.

The office of former Tasmanian police minister Michael Ferguson received a police briefing note warning of child sex allegations against a senior officer before the force held a police funeral and full guard of honour for him, documents obtained by RTI show.

WARNING: This story discusses allegations of child sexual abuse and suicide and may cause distress; discretion is advised.

Senior Sergeant Paul Reynolds, who served as a police officer for almost 40 years, died by suicide in September 2018, while he was under investigation by Tasmania Police.

The interim report into the police's handling of child sex allegations against Mr Reynolds found he groomed and sexually abused teenage boys between 1988 and 2018, largely in the state's north and north-west, and used his positions in community sport to abuse teenage boys.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #3 - Jul 6th, 2024 at 1:48pm

Sophia wrote on Jul 6th, 2024 at 8:37am:
Quote:

A decade ago accusations were first raised against him… so that gives me the impression he was protected or maybe not working alone?
Did he really take his own life or made out to be as such so others involved weren’t named?

I don’t reckon one sole person could go this far for this long without any proper investigation/prosecution without a hierarchy into the mix.

Just my sus thoughts.
This investigation stops dead with his death?

Yes - how come he got an  honour-guard funeral?

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #4 - Jul 6th, 2024 at 1:59pm

Is pedophilia now a required credential for police job applicants? 'Prey' tell?

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #5 - Jul 6th, 2024 at 2:59pm

Laugh till you cry wrote on Jul 6th, 2024 at 1:59pm:

No but the Ministry of Truth will re-write history to erase it
and even offer an honour guard to pretend it didn't happen.

https://www.abhafoundation.org/assets/books/html/1984/139.html

Thus history is continuously rewritten.
This day-to-day falsification of the past, carried out by the Ministry of Truth,
is as necessary to the stability of the regime as the work of repression
and espionage carried out by the Ministry of Love.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #6 - Jul 9th, 2024 at 7:58pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Jul 7th, 2024 at 3:46am:
Laugh till you cry wrote on Jul 6th, 2024 at 1:59pm:

I know of one alleged pederast in the Rockhampton division police service. He has that reputation among his fellow officers. But they cannot get rid of him until he makes a real error in his police work.

You need to be very careful with slander here Rocky. By my understanding of the law, just about any cop in Rocky could sue you for destroying their reputation. Making your accusation vague isn't a good defense.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print