Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Malcolm Turnbull Hits Out At Peter Dutton (Read 281 times)
whiteknight
Gold Member

Australian Politics

melbourne
Malcolm Turnbull Hits Out At Peter Dutton
Jul 10th, 2024 at 5:15am

He’s a thug’: Project panel left shocked as Malcolm Turnbull hits out at Peter Dutton

News.com.au
July 8, 2024

Malcolm Turnbull has blasted Opposition leader Peter Dutton.

Malcolm Turnbull hit out at the thought of Opposition Leader Peter Dutton becoming prime minister on Sunday night’s edition of The Project.

The former prime minister was strongly opinionated on the topic, saying the idea of the Liberal Party leader scoring the top position of power made him shudder.   Smiley

I think that’s something we should contemplate with dread,” Mr Turnbull said.

His words were met with a shocked response from the hosts and audience, along with some smatterings of laughter.

When asked why, Mr Turnbull said, while grinning: “Well he’s a thug.”

“Peter’s got one tune that he plays and it’s been all his political life and that is division and animosity, generally targeted at immigrants,” said Mr Turnbull.

“I couldn’t think of anyone less suited to be prime minister of a multicultural society like Australia.

“There’s no point pulling my punches, it’s an important question and I’ve given you an honest answer.”   Smiley

Asked about the prospect of returning to politics himself, Mr Turnbull quickly shut it down.

“No, I’m happy to be out of it. But I really loved doing the work I did in politics and I would have liked to do it for a few more years. But I’ve got no desire to come back,” he said.

“Absolutely not.”

“Just to keep Dutton out of the top job?” host Sarah Harris teased.

“Well look, I’m young enough for it,” Mr Turnbull joked.

There was a mix of shock and laughter in response to Turnbull’s comments about Dutton.

In May, Mr Dutton pledged to cut the migration rate by 140,000 in his budget reply, arguing that doing so would help address the housing shortage. Critics labelled it “ugly politics”.

The Opposition Leader linked the number of migrants and overseas students to increasing rents while outlining his alternative plan for the nation.

Political editor of 7.30, Laura Tingle, said Mr Dutton’s speech was “very slogan-driven”.

“Basically sort of appealing to all of those real sort of white-hot, very simple ideas of: ‘We can’t get enough houses. It’s all migration’s fault,’” she said.

“I think that sort of sets us up for some pretty ugly politics which doesn’t require much rational, you know, detail of policy.”

Mr Turnbull would presumably have agreed with her.

Leader of the Opposition Peter Dutton was criticised by Malcolm Turnbull.

It’s not the first time Mr Turnbull has slammed Mr Dutton publicly. Earlier in the year, he called the alternative PM a “thug” during an episode of the ABC docuseries Nemesis focused on the fallout of the 2018 leadership spill. Mr Dutton laughed off the character assessment.

Mr Turnbull also received his fair share of blunt character assessments in the series, with Liberal Senator James McGrath calling him “one of the nastiest people I’ve come across in politics”.

In February, Mr Turnbull was criticised by his former deputy prime minister, Barnaby Joyce, who slammed him as “a sh*thead” over his infamous ban on ministers having sex with their staffers.

Mr Joyce was furious over the intrusion, as he saw it, into his “private life”.

“I was furious,” he recalled

“I didn’t see him as a prime minister. I just saw him as an idiot.”

Barnaby Joyce had a relationship with his staffer Vikki Campion. It resulted in the end of his marriage to his first wife.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Malcolm Turnbull Hits Out At Peter Dutton
Reply #1 - Jul 10th, 2024 at 2:38pm

Turnbull was spot on.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

whiteknight
Gold Member

Australian Politics

melbourne
Reply #2 - Jul 10th, 2024 at 2:54pm

Also we should remember vote for Peter Dutton, is a vote for dangerous and expensive nuclear power.   Sad   

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #3 - Jul 10th, 2024 at 2:54pm

Fizza Turnbull is still hurting from the way Dutton's challenge ended up with ScoMo becoming PM.

What a pissant Turnbull turned out to be. Pfft

The 2025 election could be a shocker.
IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #4 - Jul 10th, 2024 at 4:11pm

Captain Nemo wrote on Jul 10th, 2024 at 2:54pm:
Fizza Turnbull is still hurting from the way Dutton's challenge ended up with ScoMo becoming PM.

What a pissant Turnbull turned out to be. Pfft

The Liberals learned nothing and did nothing during 9 years in office....The infighting and outright hostility within the Coalition is toxic and shows they are not a united party under the most divisive and desructive opposition leader in Peter Dutton!!!

Another former Liberal leader who knows Dutton well!!!

Quote:
John Hewson

Peter Dutton’s dangerous opportunism

If there was ever any doubt about what Opposition Leader Peter Dutton’s likely strategy for the next election would be, he has now clearly set its tone and direction. His campaign will focus on fear and loathing. Fear about personal safety and national security, and disgust with the Albanese government. Dutton has simply adopted the wrecking playbook of the Abbott opposition.

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

https://www.thesaturdaypaper.com.au/comment/topic/2024/05/25/peter-duttons-dange...

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Jul 10th, 2024 at 5:03pm

The grifter has to speak up before the taxpayer funded gravy train dries up.

I wonder why he is opposing nuclear
Wink

talksbull_002.jpg (141 KB | 2 )
talksbull_002.jpg

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #6 - Jul 10th, 2024 at 5:41pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Jul 10th, 2024 at 5:03pm:

Wink

Renewables are funded mostly by private investment which will decline if Nuclear is adopted....Nuclear proposed by Dutton will be funded by taxpayers with compulsory aquisition of assets by the Commonwealth....The criticism of Dutton is from those who worked with him and did not mention Nuclear....Your argument is complete bullshit!!!

https://www.rba.gov.au/publications/bulletin/2020/mar/renewable-energy-investmen...

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Jul 10th, 2024 at 5:51pm

philperth2010 wrote on Jul 10th, 2024 at 5:41pm:
Baronvonrort wrote on Jul 10th, 2024 at 5:03pm:

Wink

Renewables are funded mostly by private investment which will decline if Nuclear is adopted....Nuclear proposed by Dutton will be funded by taxpayers with compulsory aquisition of assets by the Commonwealth....The criticism of Dutton is from those who worked with him and did not mention Nuclear....Your argument is complete bullshit!!!

https://www.rba.gov.au/publications/bulletin/2020/mar/renewable-energy-investmen...

Not true phil.

Renewables are subsidised by taxpayers or in cases like Snowy Hydro 2 which has cost 6x more than planned paid for in full by taxpayers.

Malcolm and his wife have been very vocal about opposing nuclear on social media.

Many other grifters like Twiggy Forest, Canon Brookes and Holmes a Court have also been vocal about Dutton with Nuclear because they have their snouts in taxpayers trough for renewables.

If renewables were truly cheaper without taxpayer subsidies they would have nothing to worry about.  Wink

Warren Buffet didn't make over $200 billion in wealth by making stupid decisions.
I wonder what convinced him to build wind farms?

WB_007.jpg (47 KB | 6 )
WB_007.jpg

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Jul 10th, 2024 at 7:13pm

Has there been a more inconsequential Labor PM that Malcontent Turnbull?

No.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Daves2017

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Jul 10th, 2024 at 7:48pm

I liked Malcolm. I found him very central.

Malcolm in the middle  Cheesy

I'm being serious too.

Dutton can never be Pm.

A lot more young liberal talent behind him can be!

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #10 - Jul 10th, 2024 at 7:58pm

Turnbull was one of the few coalition MPs willing to publicly consider a carbon tax.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #11 - Jul 10th, 2024 at 8:21pm

Quote:
Malcolm Turnbull Hits Out At Peter Dutton

Mal believed that he was the bottom of the barrell.

He cannot believe a Dutton exists.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print