Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
Stolen Generations - the truth (Read 1669 times)
UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton
Re: Stolen Generations - the truth
Reply #45 - Jul 19th, 2024 at 12:08am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 18th, 2024 at 4:05pm:
Desperate... very desperate..... childish  ... very childish .... chum ...

I think Sad Kangaroo has a valid point, even if he could have said it better without resorting to using memes.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #46 - Jul 19th, 2024 at 12:10am

UnSubRocky wrote on Jul 19th, 2024 at 12:06am:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 18th, 2024 at 1:43pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on Jul 18th, 2024 at 6:21am:
I don't believe that Grappler knows what he is talking about. Reads like panicked subjectivity.

Cool as a cucumber objectivity.... you'll learn ...

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 17th, 2024 at 4:08pm:
Plenty of triggering and infighting going on - all to distract from the reality that the country is going down fast...

At least I bother to dig Albo in the ribs about party policies and such... try to push him back onto the road.... waste of time, I know - the apron string brigade would use those to strangle him if he got off their rails... he's not the Man we need to save the country .... but I can try to push him along...

.... and out of the West there came a man of heroic nature and proportions.... carrying a pair of balls fit for a soccer game...

To this is what I was responding. You don't know what you are talking about. We are better off now than we were 20 years ago. Australia is reaching a golden age.

Let's wait on that one..... you are very wrong.  I know exactly what I am talking about, and you are dreaming.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #47 - Jul 19th, 2024 at 12:14am

UnSubRocky wrote on Jul 19th, 2024 at 12:08am:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 18th, 2024 at 4:05pm:
Desperate... very desperate..... childish  ... very childish .... chum ...

I think Sad Kangaroo has a valid point, even if he could have said it better without resorting to using memes.

Then what is his valid point?  Don't beat around the bushes.

He just doesn't understand that the voice was only the foot in the door, but the whole deal is one and the same and all written out in their equivalent of Mein Kampf.  Seems you've missed every point about the voice.

Let's see what the next set of elections tell us about the voice by stealth done by the states.  Every single online comment in other areas is totally against every such move.... and people are angry at being treated in that way.

Tell me how Australia is entering a golden age....... lay it all out for us.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton
Reply #48 - Jul 19th, 2024 at 12:20am

No, Grappler. I interact with indigenous Australians at work, socially, and in my neighbourhood. They have their own ideas that they like to put forward about how to give a better quality of life for ATSI people. They occasionally write away to federal, state and local members of parliament and councils.

When I finish my assessment, I will give you some ideas of what they wrote, and some of what I put forward to help alleviate the socioeconomic "Gap" between indigenous and non-indigenous people.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton
Reply #49 - Jul 19th, 2024 at 12:23am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 19th, 2024 at 12:10am:
Let's wait on that one..... you are very wrong.  I know exactly what I am talking about, and you are dreaming.

I would be honoured if you could objectively tell me what you are talking about. None of these colloquialisms, racial stereotypes, and strawman arguments. Tell me your exact position on the "Stolen Generations" topic. Or send me a link to a post of yours where you have made your position clear to someone like me.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #50 - Jul 19th, 2024 at 12:25am

SadKangaroo wrote on Jul 18th, 2024 at 9:51pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 18th, 2024 at 6:45pm:
Rescued and helped to a better life.... and doing well with huge descendant families ...

Oooh - snarky now - 'safe space' ... that's nearly as bad as the old 'champ', champ ..... I AM a safe space for all who will come to be taught...

Do you agree, slick?  I'm not trying to rattle the bars on your safe space.....

What's your next move?  Sarcasm WAS the lowest form of wit .... but you beat it hands down....

I've tried taking your drivel at face value, treating you with far more respect than you deserve given your past wishes for shooting Indigenous Australians on sight, or only 90% of them, look back with disappointment that the British didn't wipe out all the natives when they had the chance and generally push white supremacist talking points.

I even provided you with evidence and facts to back up my claims, and more importantly, show you where yours are false.

And each time you double down, continue to lie and ignore anything that doesn't align with your beliefs, as dark and twisted as they are.

You're literally keeping yourself in your own safe space so you don't need to challenge your views as reality would dictate.

If you don't like being called out about it, then change. Be better.

After all of that, you still expect me not to throw a little shade your way, shade in the form of ridiculing your affirmations when someone else called you out, especially in the shadow of you lobbing death threats my way before...

You expect me to treat you better than you have me?

Please...

Are you getting senile or something? 

Now you're talking like the sock handler we all know ........ same phrases ....  YOU are the one who started with the puerile attempt at belittlement, champ.   You doubled down on everything and you are still totally wrong and always will be.

The voice was simply one part of the whole deal.... and you know it.... and it wasn't anything separate.... and it wasn't about consultation, was it.

Let's see now, champ - if a voice was needed for consultation, why is it that there are so many things going on now - claims for land and such endless and all the other stuff - where is there any lack of 'consultation' that needed a special overpaid for patch inside Parliament and Constitution to directly place demands on government at all levels?

Where was the equivalent body for everyone else, or for any other group for that matter?

Why should anyone even bother to listen to the Aborigines who play up and break statues and light fires and engage in constant crime against Whitey?  Just give in to terrorism?  One day if this continues, someone will put a stop to it.... as this stupid government continues to pour more people in, how long do you imagine they will put up with these big claims for land never used by the claimants, just because they feel it?  Do you really think that will just go on and on?

You can carry on and on and tell lies about what I actually said - you've been told over and over what the true facts of your lies are .... you are still totally wrong, you are hysterical, you are a liar, and your voice in any form is dead, slim.   Cool  If you don't like being called out about it, then change. Be better.

Rocky must be back on the piss - remind me to never defend him again.....

― John Adams

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton
Reply #51 - Jul 19th, 2024 at 12:36am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 19th, 2024 at 12:25am:

I was. But, now, I am going sober. Checking security cameras, right now.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #52 - Jul 19th, 2024 at 1:14am

UnSubRocky wrote on Jul 19th, 2024 at 12:36am:

Good idea.. hear some bad stories of up there.  Shame really.  The Queenslund government is under pressure to install a 'do the adult crime - do the adult time' rule, and reports on youth crime are every day.

I once met three guys who assaulted a pizza delivery guy for a few bucks - one of them had a knife which really pissed the other two off ... they all got around eighteen months.  An Aboriginal bloke I knew laughed his head off... they got a month for every dollar or something... now that's dumb.
https://www.couriermail.com.au/truecrimeaustralia/police-courts-qld/explained-ql...
« Last Edit: Jul 19th, 2024 at 1:19am by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

― John Adams

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton
Reply #53 - Jul 19th, 2024 at 3:02am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 19th, 2024 at 1:14am:
UnSubRocky wrote on Jul 19th, 2024 at 12:36am:

Good idea.. hear some bad stories of up there.  Shame really.  The Queenslund government is under pressure to install a 'do the adult crime - do the adult time' rule, and reports on youth crime are every day.

I once met three guys who assaulted a pizza delivery guy for a few bucks - one of them had a knife which really pissed the other two off ... they all got around eighteen months.  An Aboriginal bloke I knew laughed his head off... they got a month for every dollar or something... now that's dumb.
https://www.couriermail.com.au/truecrimeaustralia/police-courts-qld/explained-ql...

Back when I was 20 years old, I delivered pizzas. I was mugged once. But, it was just for my pizzas. They ordered a bunch of pizzas and sides. When I got to the address, it did not look right. But, that was back in the days when I had not yet got my mobile phone, yet. The phone number they gave was bogus anyway. I saw them stick their heads around the corner. So, I tried to do my delivery. When I went to ask for the money, they claimed that they did not have enough money. Obviously, the delivery was for the purpose of juveniles mugging a delivery driver, to their amusement. One of them shoved the carry bags I was carrying into my face and then grabbed the top carry bag and took off. His off-sider thought of getting the other bag to steal, but I had my "not amused" look on my face, and he knew that he was going to get his super morbidly obese face smacked in, if he tried. Geez, I thought I was fat. But, this guy was like a short Michelin Man.

Anyway, they both likely identified as Indigenous, even though both had blondish hair. The store got its carry bag back, which was quite important to the store franchisee. Nothing has come of the mugging. The police dog squad lost contact with them around an abandoned house. Maybe they learned the indigenous art of blending into the surroundings, like that aboriginal tracker in Crocodile Dundee 2.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #54 - Jul 19th, 2024 at 10:07am

quote]

And that sums you up in a nutshell. Precious. just simply precious.

Don't disagree with Crappler because he will hold a grudge forever and whether he agrees or disagrees with you on a debating forum is far more about his feelings that thought or idea.

It's beyond pathetic. Primary school stuff.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #55 - Jul 19th, 2024 at 10:19am

Now you're talking like the sock handler we all know ........ same phrases ....  YOU are the one who started with the puerile attempt at belittlement, champ.   You doubled down on everything and you are still totally wrong and always will be.

You're dealing in opinion, I'm dealing in facts.  There is a huge difference.

FACT: The Voice was a proposal to create an indigenous advisory body to parliament, enshrined in the constitution. 

FACT: It was a recommendation of the Uluru Statement from the Heart.

FACT: The Uluru Statement was presented in May 2017 by delegates to the First Nations National Constitutional Convention.

FACT: The question that was put to the Australian people at the 2023 referendum was:

"A Proposed Law: to alter the Constitution to recognise the First Peoples of Australia by establishing an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Voice.

Do you approve this proposed alteration?"

Australia voted no.

Now we get to what you're dealing with,

OPINION: The Voice is now the generic term for the coup attempt to install Aboriginal Supremacism.... everything evolves..... and everything is lumped under one title for convenience....

The facts don't support your opinion and how you choose to use the term "The Voice".

You can try to project your own doubling down onto me all you like, reality is there in black and white.

Quote:
The voice was simply one part of the whole deal.... and you know it.... and it wasn't anything separate.... and it wasn't about consultation, was it.

Firstly, yes, the Voice was simply one part of the whole deal.  "Part of".

Cheese is part of Pizza.  But we don't call it "Cheese", we call it Pizza.

Secondly, we absolutely voted about constitutional change.

Quote:
Let's see now, champ - if a voice was needed for consultation, why is it that there are so many things going on now - claims for land and such endless and all the other stuff - where is there any lack of 'consultation' that needed a special overpaid for patch inside Parliament and Constitution to directly place demands on government at all levels?

Where was the equivalent body for everyone else, or for any other group for that matter?

Why should anyone even bother to listen to the Aborigines who play up and break statues and light fires and engage in constant crime against Whitey?  Just give in to terrorism?  One day if this continues, someone will put a stop to it.... as this stupid government continues to pour more people in, how long do you imagine they will put up with these big claims for land never used by the claimants, just because they feel it?  Do you really think that will just go on and on?

We're already dragging this thread off topic, but the dispute was never the merits of the voice or the results of the referendum.

It was that you were pointing to things like coroners' reports into preventable Indigenous deaths in custody, plans to boost local tourism to Uluru and other entirely arbitrary, but Indigenous-linked stories as evidence of "The Voice by stealth" when they have nothing to do with the Voice.

Over time you've admitted that you're just calling everything "The Voice" for convenience's sake, but that doesn't change what it was.

It's been going on and on for months because you're trying to redefine what the voice means to suit your argument and you double down and change the goal posts each time to try to justify it.

I've been consistent from the beginning, because I'm dealing in facts.

You seem to want to paint yourself as the victim of people, private or public, doing things against the wishes of the nation since the voice referendum was voted down, so if you call everything the voice, you can claim it's being implemented by stealth, subverting democracy.

That's bullshit.  People may be trying to further other elements of the Uluru Statement, but that's not the voice.

Remember, Cheese ≠ Pizza.

You might not like being called out, in fact, it seems to utterly infuriate you, but if you don't like it, be better. 

Deal in the truth and facts, not redefine things to suit your beliefs and try to elicit sympathetic support from others.

Quote:
You can carry on and on and tell lies about what I actually said - you've been told over and over what the true facts of your lies are .... you are still totally wrong, you are hysterical, you are a liar, and your voice in any form is dead, slim.   Cool  If you don't like being called out about it, then change. Be better.

I encourage you to quote these lies you think I've told, perhaps in a more appropriate thread, and we can address those claims.

I've pointed out yours and your response has been to just flip the script and accuse me of lying, so let's do it.

May I suggest here?

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton
Reply #56 - Jul 19th, 2024 at 10:40am

mothra wrote on Jul 19th, 2024 at 10:07am:

quote]

Don't disagree with Crappler because he will hold a grudge forever and whether he agrees or disagrees with you on a debating forum is far more about his feelings that thought or idea.

It is okay, mothra. I can fight my own battles. Grappler knows what is going on in my life, as I explained to him privately. He was just reacting to my wowser-like tone responses.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #57 - Jul 19th, 2024 at 10:44am

UnSubRocky wrote on Jul 19th, 2024 at 10:40am:
mothra wrote on Jul 19th, 2024 at 10:07am:

quote]

It is okay, mothra. I can fight my own battles. Grappler knows what is going on in my life, as I explained to him privately. He was just reacting to my wowser-like tone responses.

I was making a point, not fighting for you. And a point that exists outside of the example of you.

My point stands.

Crappler is precious.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton
Reply #58 - Jul 19th, 2024 at 10:51am

SadKangaroo wrote on Jul 19th, 2024 at 10:19am:

Interesting that you used cheese on pizza as an analogy. "Cheese pizza" is a euphemism in the child predator community to indicate "child porn". Having watched numerous Child Predator Catcher videos on youtube, it is amazing how prevalent the problem of child abuse is in the United States.

But, child abuse is prevalent in indigenous Australian communities, moreso. How would the Voice to Parliament go about in mitigating or preventing child abuse in the indigenous community?

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #59 - Jul 19th, 2024 at 11:06am

UnSubRocky wrote on Jul 19th, 2024 at 10:51am:
SadKangaroo wrote on Jul 19th, 2024 at 10:19am:

Interesting that you used cheese on pizza as an analogy. "Cheese pizza" is a euphemism in the child predator community to indicate "child porn". Having watched numerous Child Predator Catcher videos on youtube, it is amazing how prevalent the problem of child abuse is in the United States.

But, child abuse is prevalent in indigenous Australian communities, moreso. How would the Voice to Parliament go about in mitigating or preventing child abuse in the indigenous community?

Because, as has been explained to you lot more times than i've had hot breakfasts, the actual voiced of Aboriginal people are usually lost in the great beurocratic highway that exists between Canberra and the people on the land.

The Voice was all about remedying that. A direct Voice, only on issues pertaining to Indigenous people to any sitting government, regardless of partisanship.

It was really no more than that.

The murdoch started up his campaign and you all got terrified.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print