Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
International order is slowly coming apart (Read 1291 times)
Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Re: International order is slowly coming apart
Reply #30 - Jul 17th, 2024 at 6:46pm

Remember George Washington and the cherry tree?

"George!  Who cut down that cherry tree while I was gone?"

"Father - I cannot tell a lie - I cut down that cherry tree!"  replies George.

So when Joe Biden is called before the International Court they ask him:-

"JOE!  Who fomented that war between Israel and Gaza?"

Joe replies:-

"Llike George Washington I cannot tell a lie - that war committed suicide!"

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #31 - Jul 17th, 2024 at 6:56pm

'By 1949 China was under Communist control. Official Communist figures counted some 1.5 million dead and wounded among the People's Liberation Army.'
Several died in Mao's cultural revolution, mainly from over-eating and reading his red book. They were free to do that. Some were better dead than red which was death and freedom. Some became hacks for CCP and that's not a lie.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - Jul 17th, 2024 at 7:13pm

We are in danger of falling under the sway of what I have long predicted, given the steady assault on legal and civil rights of all kinds.... that of a domineering, over-centralised government that holds nothing sacred in its pursuit of its ideas and ideals (and not those of the people it serves).

The biggest issue with that is that it will not be my excellent self - with all my inherent kindness - as The Leader..... it will instead ... be some darkest gutter snipe raised way above his/her ability and intellect and moral value ...  Anthony I, Emperor of Australia.....

Like the Aurelian, the Albanesian will be able to say:-  "The more I go down amongst the ways of women - the less human I become!" The Aurelian (Marcus Aurelius but not of Gladiator) said 'of Men'.... The Albanesian is a servitor to the women - the 'feminine' .... and thus has doomed this country to a permanent night of the soul and spirit ... and to possible future invasion and subjugation by some nation governed by balls....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #33 - Jul 17th, 2024 at 8:04pm

Centrifugal governors known as fly-ball governors were  used to regulate the pressure from centralised power boilers. They were used to train an army, grind down the wheat and steam-roll women into submission. In this way the west was won, regulated and then lost as steamships were called 'she'.   'She is the eighth Royal Navy ship to have the name HMS Prince of Wales. Construction of the ship began in 2011 at Rosyth Dockyard and ended with launch on 21 December 2017. She was handed over to the Royal Navy.' There were wooden ships and iron men until ball governors and governor's wives who held balls.

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #34 - Jul 18th, 2024 at 3:40pm

Laugh till you cry wrote on Jul 17th, 2024 at 2:27pm:
The USA is making a big mistake fomenting conflicts and declaring multiple states enemies at one time while it's hypocrisy over its complicity in Genocide against the Palestinians is being live-streamed to 7 Billion witnesses.

The US economy is supported by hyped-up consumer confidence, bullsh*t, and bravado and these easily fall apart. The US economy grows by 2% and the US stock market rises by 20%. That is simply not credible.

The US infrastructure plan is also bullsh*t. US infrastructure is degrading faster than it is being rebuilt.

The US public easily and joyfully follows the loudest bullsh*t propagator. They want to believe the bullsh*t.

All true; looking forward, I did see an article claiming Trump said he won't go to war over Taiwan, unlike Biden (Trump noted Taiwan is 10,000 miles from the US, only 55 miles from China....). 

I'm almost looking forward to Trump's imposed peace in Ulkraine, not sure about Gaza.

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #35 - Jul 18th, 2024 at 3:56pm

China's base in Djibouti is about 8,000km distant. US is not claiming any land in Asia, China is steadily expanding into other countries.

Trump's peace is for Kyiv to rule Russia and Pyongyang to control China. This will avoid all vetos, freedoms and deaths.

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #36 - Jul 18th, 2024 at 4:08pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 17th, 2024 at 6:42pm:
thegreatdivide wrote on Jul 17th, 2024 at 2:24pm:
chimera wrote on Jul 17th, 2024 at 2:09pm:
It's good to see people fighting for freedom of China's Philippines and its Taiwan colony. PLA will invade until death to prevent war and force a victory in the Empire of Xi.
China is right to own other countries for China's expansion. Join the PLA and its freedom for wars.

As can be seen, the order in chimera's brain came apart long ago.

At least graps can present a coherent argument - though he still hasn't replied to my exposition of his error re "people" (the aggregate of individuals) versus each self-interested individual - important  because Trump likes a bit of authoritarianism, and he is looking more like the winning candidate in November.

BULLSHIT!  I do no such thing!!   Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin    All I do is respond off the top of my head... pretty good, huh?  The Poet Laureate of the Counter-Revolution...

To clarify, I meant your statements (usually...) aren't  chimera - style, incomprehensible word salads.

But your reasoning .... oh dear....let's see what you've got:   

Quote:
Each self-interested individual is part of the people... a portion of the whole....

Correct so far, let's read on (I suspect a logical clanger wont be too far away): 

Quote:
if a single piece of the people falls off, then The People are the lesser....

hookaay...eg if Crooks is taken out, the population is reduced by ONE; "the People are the 'lesser'" is a value judgement.

(still waiting for the clanger...)

Quote:
therefore send not to know for whom the civil/legal right runs....... it runs for thee...

Bingo - mixing metaphors: ie 'for whom the bell tolls' - meaning we are all mortal; as opposed to law which applies to all, but which some individuals ( eg "sovereign citizens") might not wish to observe. 

Quote:
Free the CFMEU NOW!

... when they came for the Unionists.... you said nothing.............   Shocked

The CFMEU is apparently infiltrated with crims; but I agree the bosses are laughing all the way to the bank while workers slave all day  in dangerous work for a pittance. 

Not sure how the CFMEU - who the establishment is trying to convince everyone is worthy of condemnation, is an example of the individual  or the the people (as a whole). 

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #37 - Jul 18th, 2024 at 4:24pm

On the other hand, Tibet could be given China, which would be more peaceful than Kim the Kommo who pays low wages.

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #38 - Jul 18th, 2024 at 4:26pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 17th, 2024 at 6:46pm:
So when Joe Biden is called before the International Court they ask him:-

Joe Biden won't be called before the ICC.

Quote:
- that war committed suicide!"

chimera-style nonsense.

Wars don't commit suicide.

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #39 - Jul 18th, 2024 at 4:34pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 17th, 2024 at 7:13pm:
We are in danger of falling under the sway of what I have long predicted, given the steady assault on legal and civil rights of all kinds...

Doc Evatt, who knew  something about legal and civil rights, wanted a UNSC without veto, "to save mankind from the scourge of war".

You?

Quote:
The biggest issue with that (government leadership) is that it will not be my excellent self - with all my inherent kindness - as The Leader..... it will instead ... be some darkest gutter snipe raised way above his/her ability and intellect and moral value ...  Anthony I, Emperor of Australia.....

We need someone with Trump's abilities and Evatt's intellect  to bang heads together in the UN. No-one wants war.

Quote:
Like the Aurelian, the Albanesian will be able to say:-  "The more I go down amongst the ways of women - the less human I become!" The Aurelian (Marcus Aurelius but not of Gladiator) said 'of Men'.... The Albanesian is a servitor to the women - the 'feminine' .... and thus has doomed this country to a permanent night of the soul and spirit ... and to possible future invasion and subjugation by some nation governed by balls....

Sexist bs. Cleopatra was as capable as anyone, and would have united Egypt and Rome without war,  if things had gone her way. 

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #40 - Jul 18th, 2024 at 4:34pm

Freedom or death is nonsense for China. It has no armed forces, is never under threat and never causes death.

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #41 - Jul 18th, 2024 at 4:36pm

thegreatdivide wrote on Jul 18th, 2024 at 4:34pm:
Cleopatra was as capable as anyone, and would have united Egypt and Rome without war,  if things had gone her way. 

Mr and Mrs Xi offer peace and love and United States of China.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #42 - Jul 18th, 2024 at 4:38pm

thegreatdivide wrote on Jul 18th, 2024 at 4:08pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 17th, 2024 at 6:42pm:
thegreatdivide wrote on Jul 17th, 2024 at 2:24pm:
chimera wrote on Jul 17th, 2024 at 2:09pm:
It's good to see people fighting for freedom of China's Philippines and its Taiwan colony. PLA will invade until death to prevent war and force a victory in the Empire of Xi.
China is right to own other countries for China's expansion. Join the PLA and its freedom for wars.

As can be seen, the order in chimera's brain came apart long ago.

At least graps can present a coherent argument - though he still hasn't replied to my exposition of his error re "people" (the aggregate of individuals) versus each self-interested individual - important  because Trump likes a bit of authoritarianism, and he is looking more like the winning candidate in November.

BULLSHIT!  I do no such thing!!   Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin    All I do is respond off the top of my head... pretty good, huh?  The Poet Laureate of the Counter-Revolution...

To clarify, I meant your statements (usually...) aren't  chimera - style, incomprehensible word salads.

But your reasoning .... oh dear....let's see what you've got:   

Quote:
Each self-interested individual is part of the people... a portion of the whole....

Correct so far, let's read on (I suspect a logical clanger wont be too far away): 

Quote:
if a single piece of the people falls off, then The People are the lesser....

hookaay...eg if Crooks is taken out, the population is reduced by ONE; "the People are the 'lesser'" is a value judgement.

(still waiting for the clanger...)

Quote:
therefore send not to know for whom the civil/legal right runs....... it runs for thee...

Bingo - mixing metaphors: ie 'for whom the bell tolls' - meaning we are all mortal; as opposed to law which applies to all, but which some individuals ( eg "sovereign citizens") might not wish to observe. 

Quote:
Free the CFMEU NOW!

... when they came for the Unionists.... you said nothing.............   Shocked

The CFMEU is apparently infiltrated with crims; but I agree the bosses are laughing all the way to the bank while workers slave all day  in dangerous work for a pittance. 

Not sure how the CFMEU - who the establishment is trying to convince everyone is worthy of condemnation, is an example of the individual  or the the people (as a whole). 

Yes - but think of the potential lost in such a Crooks ending...

When they came for the Unionists.. you said nothing.... well - are you saying that CFMEU people aren't people?  You reckon Black Powerists deserve 'respect' and (over)inclusion.... why not the Unionists?

Humanity - the people - are what they are ... good and bad and all spaces in between.... but the general trend - according to Hopkins - is steadily upward .... according to Grappler - until we encounter these retrograde movements intent on returning the world to a feudal style so as to advantage themselves.... like............... say ............ the Chinese heads ...

When they came for the anti-Black Powerists.. you said nothing ...
when they came for the Jews.... you said nothing ...
when they came for the Tibetans and the Taiwanese ... you said nothing..
when they came for the Unionists... you said nothing ...

― John Adams

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #43 - Jul 18th, 2024 at 4:40pm

Joe and Jill of course are willing to see a CCP of Washington. Can't argue against that.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #44 - Jul 18th, 2024 at 4:42pm

chimera wrote on Jul 18th, 2024 at 4:36pm:
thegreatdivide wrote on Jul 18th, 2024 at 4:34pm:
Cleopatra was as capable as anyone, and would have united Egypt and Rome without war,  if things had gone her way. 

Mr and Mrs Xi offer peace and love and United States of China.

Austrochine...... the South East Province.... when Kommissar Xi arrived, he saw a land with no organised government, no essential services that worked, no real infrastructure - and so he declared it Terra Nullius..... when the first Flotilla arrived and set up camp, they found that the entire land was filled with feckless, drunken layabouts who would not work in the Chinese way... so they set about genociding them in a series of Frontier Wars ... but the Warriors of the Australian Resistance stood firm and rooted religiously so as to continue to dominate politics here ....

― John Adams

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print