Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 
Send Topic Print
What is sadly missing from Australia today (Read 3673 times)
Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Re: What is sadly missing from Australia today
Reply #135 - Jul 26th, 2024 at 11:02pm

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #136 - Jul 26th, 2024 at 11:06pm

Aaaargh (that's the Cornish in me - the pirate/smuggler) - not enough motivated cops to kick LTYC around when he needs it....  arrrgh. Nah - I won't say that - not enough motivated cops around to lecture LTYC nicely when he plays up ....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Crocodile Hunter: Origins

Rockhampton
Reply #137 - Jul 27th, 2024 at 2:06am

Jasin wrote on Jul 26th, 2024 at 1:28pm:
Frank: 5 goals

Brian: 0

The thing is, most of those goals are own goals by Brian.

I make one mention of my distant indigenous heritage. I make another mention of my daughter's indigenous mother. All of a sudden, the attacks by Brian against me go all so quiet.

At this stage...
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #138 - Jul 27th, 2024 at 11:09pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Jul 27th, 2024 at 2:06am:

I make one mention of my distant indigenous heritage. I make another mention of my daughter's indigenous mother. All of a sudden, the attacks by Brian against me go all so quiet.

Actually, I wasn't attacking, UnSub.  I was merely criticising you.  The difference is in the severity.  You'll know when I'm attacking you, rest assured.  If you can't handle criticism, that's your lookout.  Me, I prefer to discuss things, rather than shout about them.  Now, run along.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #139 - Jul 28th, 2024 at 12:26am

Sounds good!  I'm going for Pascorigine... when I was a kid my granny used to call me 'black' when I played up.... I identify as Biirdownin Man!!! It's a sort of Piltdown Man....

When Brian attacks you, it bounces off with a giggle... when he's just criticising you, it bounces off with a good laugh....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #140 - Jul 28th, 2024 at 5:33am

"One" mention?

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #141 - Jul 28th, 2024 at 7:20am

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 20th, 2024 at 3:43pm:

Time to treat Indigenous Australians as your equals.
  Time to wake up that you are in part the cause of all their problems and see them as Australians of the first order.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Sir Eoin O Fada just said that already in reply #22, and what do you do? go off on a tangent about the past and tell him he's part of the cause of their problems

Sir Eoin O Fada
Gold Member
Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Jul 19th, 2024 at 7:49pm Quote

You want a solu[ O the Aboriginal community’s problems?

Treat them as equals, treat them the same as other Australians.
No special privileges, just equality.

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #142 - Jul 28th, 2024 at 10:26am

If they were treated as equals a far higher percentage would be in prison..... and they only want to be Benefit Australians .... not fully-fledged ... with responsibilities to society.... it's time THEY decided if they want to be Australians or Non-Australians - we can't force them - it's against their culture.....  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/decolonising-youth-justice-to-keep-kids...

This'll get some bites ...

'decolonising' has become the buzzword - see - colonisation rules and laws only apply badly to Aboriginals..... everyone else isn't affected, you see?  That's your modern academic for you...a white kid who repeatedly steals and crashes cars and kills friends or tries to ram and kill police or breaks into homes as a religion or engages in gang fights all the time doesn't end up in prison... nah.... a white teenager what kills his girlfriend doesn't go to jail ....it's all against the Aborigine, innit??

In the Northern Hemisphere it's High Summer and the schoolyard playground gender fanatics are out in force on fora again telling the world all the great truths and asking and answering all the same silly questions over and over and dividing everyone into 'supporters' or 'right wing republican religious nuts' - while their teachers blink owlishly in the bright sun of reality and start to find that their pet ideas that went over so well in the bell chamber class room while catering to dorky kids don't hold up too well in the bright sunlight and evaporate like vampyres while they are trying to sound all intellectual and eddicated in being silly with their responses.

I stated clearly yesterday that gender is gender; gender identity is gender identity - two different things - self-explanatory.  One teacher instantly came back with 'but you haven't explained it'.... so I explained it again - gender is gender - gender identity is gender identity.... two different things.

What is appalling about this and 'Aboriginal Advocates' is that they imagine that playing mind games with themselves and making up new ideas and names for everything while doing nothing positive for the Aborigines is going to somehow make things better for Aborigines.

These kids no more suffer than any other kid for their criminal behaviour ....... when they choose, and their parents and elders refuse to put barriers and proper teaching of values etc in the way of their behaving as criminals, then they suffer. It's not 'colonisation' that does that to them - it is their own 'culture'.  It's 2024 - not 1787.

They could always go to school, get an education, take advantage of all the funding and scholarships and special programs available for them ONLY - but then these dorky academic fools say that's upsetting their culture.....  they must be advocates for the now-abandoned Aborassic Park idea - a place where all this miscreants can go and live their way etc endlessly.... the Park had to be abandoned because they'd simply group up and kill one another in ancient tribal feuds all the time like they do in Wadeye etc... Alice Springs etc... they'd be killing one another to see who gets control of the land in the Park...

Homeland just won't work for 1100 warring tribal groups................. so it looks like the only answer is mainstreaming them or abandoning them to their chosen fate.
« Last Edit: Jul 28th, 2024 at 10:45am by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

― John Adams

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #143 - Jul 28th, 2024 at 12:52pm

Bias_2012 wrote on Jul 28th, 2024 at 7:20am:

Time to wake up that you are in part the cause of all their problems and see them as Australians of the first order.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Sir Eoin O Fada just said that already in reply #22, and what do you do? go off on a tangent about the past and tell him he's part of the cause of their problems

Sir Eoin O Fada
Gold Member
Australian Politics

So, like the old man, you just want to ignore all the wrong done to Indigenous Australians?  You want to tell them, "Forget it, move on"?   That will fix things now won't it?  How are you going to tell Whites to treat Indigenous Australians any differently and make them do so?  Prison time for the miscreants who don't?  Yeah, that fix things, now won't it.  Graps talks about "Lawfare" what would this do to that when Indigenous Australians call on the police to correct the attitude of White Australians?  Mmmm?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #144 - Jul 28th, 2024 at 1:31pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 28th, 2024 at 12:52pm:
Bias_2012 wrote on Jul 28th, 2024 at 7:20am:

Sir Eoin O Fada
Gold Member
Australian Politics

So, like the old man, you just want to ignore all the wrong done to Indigenous Australians?  You want to tell them, "Forget it, move on"?   That will fix things now won't it?  How are you going to tell Whites to treat Indigenous Australians any differently and make them do so?  Prison time for the miscreants who don't?  Yeah, that fix things, now won't it.  Graps talks about "Lawfare" what would this do to that when Indigenous Australians call on the police to correct the attitude of White Australians?  Mmmm?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

How do you change the past you fool?

Perpetuating the victimhood status?, paying more reparations? expect all non Aboriginal Australians to feel eternal guilt for the past & feel unwelcome in their own country?

ahh yes we'll rewrite history that'll fix it.

You're just a pathetic old woman.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #145 - Jul 28th, 2024 at 1:48pm

Oh, dearie, dearie, me, now we have Gnads attacking me because he dislikes Indigenous Australians.  It is bad enough we still have Graps.  Don't you think you both should retire, after all your stories are so old that they are well past their use dates?  Today Indigenous Australians continue to suffer from your silly Racist ideals.  Time to abandon Egos and start to try something different.  Time to treat Indigenous Australians as your equals.  Time to wake up that you are in part the cause of all their problems and see them as Australians of the first order.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

They ARE treated as equal.   They are actually OVER-RELRESENTED in parliament. They are more equal than anyone else.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #146 - Jul 28th, 2024 at 3:53pm

"when Indigenous Australians call on the police to correct the attitude of White Australians? "

When and where exactly is that?

Let's look at a couple of attitudes:-

mothra:-  "Don't go stopping those Aboriginal youths from descending on Alice springs and wreaking harm nightly and daily - that would upset their culture and disadvantage them (**clutches at pearls**) ...

Grappler:-  "Why aren't the parents and Elders standing in the road to stop them descending on town to wreak havoc, and diverting them to more constructive things - like study or something?"

To the mentally challenged - 'mothra' is a hero of the left ...... Grappler is an evil oppressor who hates Aborigines...

Footnote:-  If I hated them I'd WANT to see them trampled down, wouldn't I - instead of trying to figure out ways to get them out of their mud.... the infamous Keating's crab pot...  on the other hand, the likes of 'mothra' WANT them kept down in the mud ..... thus if there is any hatred in sight - it is coming from the left.

Those who truly hate Aborigines are those who want to keep them in their place by not pushing them to climb higher.  You are despicable....

― John Adams

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #147 - Jul 28th, 2024 at 4:16pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 18th, 2024 at 10:25pm:
What is sadly missing from Australia today is a common understanding about Indigenous matters.  We had the left, with their view that Indigenous Australians are nature's victims.  Then we had the right's view that indigenous Australians are nature's dominators and deserve our contempt.  Here is everybodies' chance to talk nice things about Indigenous Australians.  That means that Gnads needs to shut up and so does Grappler if they cannot say anything nice, while dear old Matty needs to keep his mouth shut.  Indigenous Australians have been victims of so much ill thought out White Government stupidity and idiocy such as the Stolen Generations.  Yes, folks such things did happen and Indigenous people suffered because of them.  Time to get over them and accept them.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Bit of truth telling about ther Maori and the Aborigines.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #148 - Jul 28th, 2024 at 10:31pm

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #149 - Jul 28th, 2024 at 10:33pm

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 
Send Topic Print