Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 
Send Topic Print
What is sadly missing from Australia today (Read 3621 times)
Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Re: What is sadly missing from Australia today
Reply #150 - Jul 28th, 2024 at 10:35pm

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #151 - Jul 28th, 2024 at 10:42pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 28th, 2024 at 10:35pm:

Oh, well - at least it stopped them killing one another for a while.......................

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/alice-springs-residents-join-domestic-v...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #152 - Jul 29th, 2024 at 6:38am

And French Imperialism?

Spanish Imperialism?

Portuguese Imperialism?

Dutch Imperialism?

then today, Indonesian Imperialism in West Papua, Chinese Imperialism in Tibet?

& who would have thought with neither of the latter being "white" people. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes tsk, tsk, tsk

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #153 - Jul 29th, 2024 at 8:43am

A good thing.

Imagine if Aborigines conquered the Americas and India and Europe. We'd all be running around naked, banging sticks together.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #154 - Jul 29th, 2024 at 2:02pm

... and local Aboriginal Imperialism where they simply wandered about in small groups and decided to own everything they could see... and killed off any who disagreed... though I doubt you can even see the comparisons... bleach in the eyes....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton
Reply #155 - Jul 29th, 2024 at 3:26pm

Gnads wrote on Jul 29th, 2024 at 6:38am:

And French Imperialism?

Spanish Imperialism?

Portuguese Imperialism?

Dutch Imperialism?

then today, Indonesian Imperialism in West Papua, Chinese Imperialism in Tibet?

& who would have thought with neither of the latter being "white" people. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes tsk, tsk, tsk

Noticed lately the indigenous Australian Imperialism-- land rights?

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #156 - Jul 29th, 2024 at 3:30pm

"Voice, Treaty, Truth".

These were the three key planks of Anthony Albanese's failed plan to divide Australians by race.

Sensibly, after Australians in every state rejected the Voice, the Prime Minister has been quiet on the remaining two elements.

Not so the Greens.

The Greens want to push on with the "Makarrata Commission".

Makarrata is pitched as a "truth and justice" commission designed to test if Australia's laws and institutions are fit for purpose.

But it won't just test our laws, activists hope it will reconstruct them and eventually lead to treaty and reparations.

Sounds a lot like what we all voted against last year in the Referendum doesn't it?

This type of madness is what we have to look forward to if Labor are re-elected to minority government with the Greens.

The idea floated that this Commission could allow Australia Day to stay on 26 January is laughable.

26 January was the top target for Voice activists and we have no reason to believe anything has changed. "

-  Henry Pike, M.P.

Not just the Greens - the Labor States are grabbing for it ... Voice By Stealth, innit... Zombie Voice... you can jump up and down and scream all you like that this is not 'the voice' - but the majority of Australians know better.  Next round of elections will be fun to watch... whichever way it goes will be a disaster for ordinary Australians.  Voldemort or The Ghost of Albo.... Jesus God...

Don't demand justice... don't demand equity - you just might get what you want...

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #157 - Jul 29th, 2024 at 5:40pm

A market shortage of eye bleach ...............

― John Adams

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #158 - Jul 29th, 2024 at 6:57pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 18th, 2024 at 10:25pm:
What is sadly missing from Australia today is a common understanding about Indigenous matters.  We had the left, with their view that Indigenous Australians are nature's victims.  Then we had the right's view that indigenous Australians are nature's dominators and deserve our contempt.  Here is everybodies' chance to talk nice things about Indigenous Australians.  That means that Gnads needs to shut up and so does Grappler if they cannot say anything nice, while dear old Matty needs to keep his mouth shut.  Indigenous Australians have been victims of so much ill thought out White Government stupidity and idiocy such as the Stolen Generations.  Yes, folks such things did happen and Indigenous people suffered because of them.  Time to get over them and accept them.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Perth family facing eviction from public housing despite fear of abusive ex-partner
Cry Cry Cry

Reading on...

WA's Housing Authority applied for an eviction court order in April, after Ms Hill was charged with common assault earlier that month.

Ah.....

Like many tenants in public housing, Ms Hill has lived a tumultuous life.

The 28-year-old's parents are dead and most of her siblings are in jail. The young mother says she has no other family and has been left to raise her FIVE children alone.

Ms Hill pulls the sweater off her shoulder exposing one scar, then pulls a sleeve up her arm to show another and says it was where she had been stabbed by her ex-partner.

It took years for her to flee the abuser. But under the guise of bringing their children presents, Ms Hill's ex-partner attacked her again two days before Christmas in 2022, then again a week later.

"I was never safe," she says.

In an official statement, a spokesperson for the department said Ms Hill turned down multiple offers of tenancy support.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-07-29/kylena-hill-facing-eviction-despite-abusi...

Single mother with five kids - how many fathers?

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #159 - Jul 29th, 2024 at 7:47pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 29th, 2024 at 3:30pm:
"Voice, Treaty, Truth".

These were the three key planks of Anthony Albanese's failed plan to divide Australians by race.

Sensibly, after Australians in every state rejected the Voice, the Prime Minister has been quiet on the remaining two elements.

Not so the Greens.

The Greens want to push on with the "Makarrata Commission".

Makarrata is pitched as a "truth and justice" commission designed to test if Australia's laws and institutions are fit for purpose.

But it won't just test our laws, activists hope it will reconstruct them and eventually lead to treaty and reparations.

Sounds a lot like what we all voted against last year in the Referendum doesn't it?

This type of madness is what we have to look forward to if Labor are re-elected to minority government with the Greens.

The idea floated that this Commission could allow Australia Day to stay on 26 January is laughable.

26 January was the top target for Voice activists and we have no reason to believe anything has changed. "

-  Henry Pike, M.P.

Not just the Greens - the Labor States are grabbing for it ... Voice By Stealth, innit... Zombie Voice... you can jump up and down and scream all you like that this is not 'the voice' - but the majority of Australians know better.  Next round of elections will be fun to watch... whichever way it goes will be a disaster for ordinary Australians.  Voldemort or The Ghost of Albo.... Jesus God...

Don't demand justice... don't demand equity - you just might get what you want...

What's not nice about that?  Harsh truths too hard to handle?  Get back in the kitchens then ...

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #160 - Jul 31st, 2024 at 12:27am

Reality....

....as a nation under the despotism of the 'global economy to benefit a few', Australia is rapidly becoming similar to Britain and Japan - as a net IMPORTER of necessities such as food etc that Australia USED to provide for itself and then export some............... (think about it.... Batlow apples..... Mildura oranges...... fruit from the Riverina.....bananas from Coffs etc... beef and sheep and pigs not wholly taken up in the 'global markets') ....................................

(thinking time over)....... as a net IMPORTER we are vulnerable to market forces AND politico-economic forces worldwide, and in a crisis we will be unable to feed our burgeoning population......

The AlboCorp idea of mass and massive immigration is only making things worse..... the more people we have, the fewer we can feed in a genuine economic or international hostility crisis.....

My answer is a total reversal of the current push towards 'globalisation/internationalism' and a reversion to what we all know once worked for Australians......

My own small contribution is that I grow plants/trees from seed, and give them away on the proviso that those who receive the plants spread the produce around that they cannot use themselves.... tomatoes, avocado trees, passion fruit vines....  free avocado trees grown here and thus acclimatised... I only ask that the recipients plant them so that a branch hangs over the fence and the passing paupers can take some when they need... and that they share their excess tomatoes etc with the women's shelter and charities etc, or just give it to deserving folk.

Bloody Commo Hippy!!!  That'll be the day..... I am a National Survivalist ... a true man of the people ..... even the scumbags ....

A Vote For Me Is A Vote For Reality!!  As A United Country We WILL Survive The Downfall Of Humanity.... it will not be an easy road... I promise nothing but sweat and toil and sharing, but hopefully little blood and tears - but in the end we will prevail if we stick together and stand together alone!!!  Ding Hao!!  Sinn Fein!!!
« Last Edit: Jul 31st, 2024 at 12:33am by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

― John Adams

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton
Reply #161 - Aug 13th, 2024 at 5:22am

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 27th, 2024 at 11:09pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on Jul 27th, 2024 at 2:06am:
Jasin wrote on Jul 26th, 2024 at 1:28pm:
Frank: 5 goals

Brian: 0

The thing is, most of those goals are own goals by Brian.

I make one mention of my distant indigenous heritage. I make another mention of my daughter's indigenous mother. All of a sudden, the attacks by Brian against me go all so quiet.

Actually, I wasn't attacking, UnSub.  I was merely criticising you.  The difference is in the severity.  You'll know when I'm attacking you, rest assured.  If you can't handle criticism, that's your lookout.  Me, I prefer to discuss things, rather than shout about them.  Now, run along.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I hope your eyesight gets better, Brian. It is a pity that you cannot read what you write or what is written to you. I can understand that you need other people to read to you what is on screen. Sometimes they are not being honest with you with what is written.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 
Send Topic Print