Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 11
Send Topic Print
What is sadly missing from Australia today (Read 3646 times)
Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

What is sadly missing from Australia today
Jul 18th, 2024 at 10:25pm

What is sadly missing from Australia today is a common understanding about Indigenous matters.  We had the left, with their view that Indigenous Australians are nature's victims.  Then we had the right's view that indigenous Australians are nature's dominators and deserve our contempt.  Here is everybodies' chance to talk nice things about Indigenous Australians.  That means that Gnads needs to shut up and so does Grappler if they cannot say anything nice, while dear old Matty needs to keep his mouth shut.  Indigenous Australians have been victims of so much ill thought out White Government stupidity and idiocy such as the Stolen Generations.  Yes, folks such things did happen and Indigenous people suffered because of them.  Time to get over them and accept them.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Re: What is sadly missing from Australia today
Reply #1 - Jul 19th, 2024 at 12:28am

Not missing - not even necessary for most people who are not making a song and dance about it.

Now then - what are these Aboriginal issues that cannot be resolved by simply getting them in line with everyone else?

"Indigenous Australians have been victims of so much ill thought out White Government stupidity and idiocy"

Fine then - leave them to it in their own homeland and let them sort it all out..... don't blame me for their problems - I've never done one thing to any of them.

What are your solutions to their problems then, O Great One?  You never offer those - only criticism of others... like that idiot Sad Kangaroo you never put up so people can set you right... just go at others.

So offer up or shut up.  Where would you like to start, you drongoes?  Which issue do you want to offer your solutions for first?

I reckon we'll all be waiting for a very long time.... would you prefer I start calling you chanp as a puerile put-down, as Sacka started off and now is incensed when hshe gets it back every time... they hate that...

Pick an issue - lay out for us your solution to it .......
« Last Edit: Jul 19th, 2024 at 12:33am by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #2 - Jul 19th, 2024 at 10:29am

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 18th, 2024 at 10:25pm:
What is sadly missing from Australia today is a common understanding about Indigenous matters.  We had the left, with their view that Indigenous Australians are nature's victims.  Then we had the right's view that indigenous Australians are nature's dominators and deserve our contempt.  Here is everybodies' chance to talk nice things about Indigenous Australians.  That means that Gnads needs to shut up and so does Grappler if they cannot say anything nice, while dear old Matty needs to keep his mouth shut.  Indigenous Australians have been victims of so much ill thought out White Government stupidity and idiocy such as the Stolen Generations.  Yes, folks such things did happen and Indigenous people suffered because of them.  Time to get over them and accept them.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

The sort of dialogue you're suggesting is an impossibility here as Grap has already proven which his outburst.

It's a shame because there is far more to the story and for those who don't wish them genocide and aren't triggered by the idea of telling it, it's needed to move forward and not let the sins of the past dictate the path and progress of the future.

That said, it can't be forgotten and it does need to be acknowledged to heal, reconcile and move forward.

But some posters here, and I'll leave their motivations be discovered by the reader, will flat out refuse to accept that the stolen generation even happened, and if they conceded it did, they'll paint it as a necessity of the time.

There are too many like that here to have the sort of dialogue you're suggesting.

This is simply the wrong venue for it, too many mouth breathers.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Jul 19th, 2024 at 10:36am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 19th, 2024 at 12:28am:
Not missing - not even necessary for most people who are not making a song and dance about it.

Now then - what are these Aboriginal issues that cannot be resolved by simply getting them in line with everyone else?

"Indigenous Australians have been victims of so much ill thought out White Government stupidity and idiocy"

Fine then - leave them to it in their own homeland and let them sort it all out..... don't blame me for their problems - I've never done one thing to any of them.

What are your solutions to their problems then, O Great One?  You never offer those - only criticism of others... like that idiot Sad Kangaroo you never put up so people can set you right... just go at others.

So offer up or shut up.  Where would you like to start, you drongoes?  Which issue do you want to offer your solutions for first?

I reckon we'll all be waiting for a very long time.... would you prefer I start calling you chanp as a puerile put-down, as Sacka started off and now is incensed when hshe gets it back every time... they hate that...

Why is it that when the mention of anything indigenous is raised, you utterly explode with diatribe about the "problems"?

What do you know about Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people that is positive and worth telling? Anything?

No. you don't. you weren't taught any better and in your ill-formed arrogance, you refuse to learn anything other than what you were taught in school.

You're a anachronistic joke.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #4 - Jul 19th, 2024 at 12:36pm

Excitement;

Enterprise;

Entrepreneurship;

Australian culture;

A future.

Oy Oy Oy!

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Jul 19th, 2024 at 12:48pm

mothra wrote on Jul 19th, 2024 at 10:36am:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 19th, 2024 at 12:28am:

Why is it that when the mention of anything indigenous is raised, you utterly explode with diatribe about the "problems"?

What do you know about Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people that is positive and worth telling? Anything?

No. you don't. you weren't taught any better and in your ill-formed arrogance, you refuse to learn anything other than what you were taught in school.

You're a anachronistic joke.

More like explode with laughter - especially at you lot in your total inability to even begin to respond and offer one single solution - all you want to do is whine about it and point fingers at other people.  Reading your mad response above I am grinning from ear to ear.

This one is a classic - I ask you to put up, and instead off you go into dope-fueled Neverland again..

Just pick one Aboriginal problem and offer a solution - it's not that hard.  Start with one - we'll critique your response for you and then you can either upgrade/update your view - or abandon it and move to another problem.

One at a time instead of the mental mish-mash you sock society try to deal out all the time.  It's always significant that when you are asked to put up - you vanish into diatribe and personal ad homs again - every single time.  A true troll.... not even good at the witty retort.  Then you try to shift the blame and grab desperately for the high moral ground without ever once offering a single solution to a single Aboriginal 'problem' that you rant about day and night...... utterly laughable.

Like all in the loser society - you demand that 'high ground' - in every form - but you don't ever want to earn it or even offer a justification for your wanting it.

Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin

What's Missing From Australia Today:-

The balls to actually get things done... the only one with any is Ms Price from AS.... and she's Aboriginal!!!  Buggar me -

If ever I want to view the woolly-headed thinking of the 'woke' - all I have to do is come here and listen to the houso mouths on here who claim to be defending and protecting all the victims ..... while doing and suggesting not one single thing to help them.
« Last Edit: Jul 19th, 2024 at 1:06pm by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #6 - Jul 19th, 2024 at 2:25pm

Why is it so hard for everybody to forget their egos?  Why do you, Graps have to tell us all the time that it is none of your fault. despite your continued voting for White Governments which enact what are now recognised as mistaken policies?  Why Mothra do you have to take him to task all the time? 

How about a positive discussion, where you talk about the positives of Indigenous culture, how they have changed White thinking?  Yes, they have.  All you have to do is listen to farmers and how they discuss country and their care for it and desire to make it better.  Just listen to country folk and their discussion about going walkabout. Australia's experience of it's own existence has been subtly changed by meeting Indigenous Australians.  But you lot just want to argue about things.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Jul 19th, 2024 at 2:43pm

Well - it's not my fault.  I never harmed a Keffir in my life.

What is lacking these days is the balls to actually fix problems instead of talking about them.... look at the clowns here running around trying to fix blame to me for offering different views from their quarter-baked empty ones... ones they never suport and never offer any solutions for.

Cowards all...

Jesus, Brian - I vote my way - and not for any of the parties....  and I hate to break it to you - but the majority here is White.... so White governments are more likely to be the norm.

Why is it that trendies are always so wrong?  Apparently it's not hatred to demand that all others be thrown out of Open Range and National Park land and punished if they try to come on to public land - but to say no to such a monstrosity is hatred!!  WTF??

Get your minds right.....

― John Adams

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #8 - Jul 19th, 2024 at 3:01pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 19th, 2024 at 2:43pm:
Well - it's not my fault.  I never harmed a Keffir in my life...

So we're just opening using racial slurs now?

Actually, I should be more accurate and say "again" since you've done it a lot in the past.

And you want to be taken seriously on this subject...

Quote:
What is lacking these days is the balls to actually fix problems instead of talking about them.... look at the clowns here running around trying to fix blame to me for offering different views from their quarter-baked empty ones... ones they never suport and never offer any solutions for.

Sadly what isn't lacking, thanks to people like you, is "solutions" that involve segregating populations, shooting people, hunting trips, or wishing the Poms would have gotten rid of them all in the first place.

Quote:

You really should listen to your own advice.
« Last Edit: Jul 19th, 2024 at 3:08pm by SadKangaroo »  

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Jul 19th, 2024 at 3:32pm

Real Australians ....

― John Adams

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #10 - Jul 19th, 2024 at 3:53pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 19th, 2024 at 2:43pm:
Well - it's not my fault.  I never harmed a Keffir in my life.

Your continual use of Racist terms hurts people, Graps.  It might be a joke to you but to everybody else it is in bad taste.  Apologise or piss off, is what I recommend.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Quote:

Cowards all...

Jesus, Brian - I vote my way - and not for any of the parties....  and I hate to break it to you - but the majority here is White.... so White governments are more likely to be the norm.

Why is it that trendies are always so wrong?  Apparently it's not hatred to demand that all others be thrown out of Open Range and National Park land and punished if they try to come on to public land - but to say no to such a monstrosity is hatred!!  WTF??

No, get your mind right, treat Indigenous Australians with respect.  Don't reference their skin colour, don't use foreign disparaging terms to refer to them and actually accept them as human beings.  It would make a real change for you to treat everybody with respect.  I've never disrespected you, despite the way in which you have acted. That might have to change.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Jul 19th, 2024 at 4:09pm

If you really want to destroy someones future

1  tell them they have been victimised and they should construct an identity around that.

2 give them a dollar they didnt earn

now you have taken away all the legitimate self esteem that people can get by moving forward and improving.
they are now stuck

they cant and wont see any opportunity to improve as that is going to be in conflict with their identity.

ALL the self help teachers say this  from robbins to covey to oprah to tolle to tai lopez to dan kennedy.

the first thing you have to throw away if you want to make a change is any sense of being a victim.

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #12 - Jul 19th, 2024 at 4:33pm

SadKangaroo wrote on Jul 19th, 2024 at 10:29am:
But some posters here, and I'll leave their motivations be discovered by the reader, will flat out refuse to accept that the stolen generation even happened, and if they conceded it did, they'll paint it as a necessity of the time.

Like clockwork.

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 19th, 2024 at 3:34pm:
Rescued - not stolen ... done well out of it too.

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 19th, 2024 at 3:44pm:
How long is this 'stolen generations' BS going to go on... and on... and on....?

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Jul 19th, 2024 at 4:46pm

Laugh till you cry wrote on Jul 19th, 2024 at 12:36pm:
Excitement;

Enterprise;

Entrepreneurship;

Australian culture;

A future.

Oy Oy Oy!

Back to Asia for you, then?

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton
Reply #14 - Jul 19th, 2024 at 4:50pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 18th, 2024 at 10:25pm:

As per my assessment, I researched the Darumbal people of the area in the 1860s. When the settlers took control of the region, those indigenous families that did not leave the region were subjected to employment as either stockmen (for the males) or domestic carers (for the women). And this work was voluntary employment, and the pay and conditions were reasonable. But, anything was reasonable compared to not getting killed in settler wars.

Relations between indigenous and settler people of the Rockhampton region were quite amicable. And speaking as a person who has studied health care assistant work, I have witnessed that indigenous (and TSI) students are proportionally above average in number in that sector of studies. When I did an orientation day at my placement for a nursing home, I noticed the ethnic diversity of the people working at the facility. Included was at least 5 indigenous workers (10% of the staff) who showed great care and professionalism in treating their elderly residents.

It is that tradition of integrating indigenous culture of family with that of the settler culture of domestic carers that has trickled down through the generations and evolved into somewhat a culture where indigenous Rockhamptonites make good health care workers. Quite happy to see this sort of constructive community spirit inside one such workplace. The other workplace that I find to be receiving indigenous people as good workers happens to be at my place of work -- the restaurant. 16% of the staff identify as indigenous Australians.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 11
Send Topic Print