Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 11
Send Topic Print
What is sadly missing from Australia today (Read 3640 times)
UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton
Re: What is sadly missing from Australia today
Reply #15 - Jul 19th, 2024 at 5:05pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 19th, 2024 at 12:28am:
Now then - what are these Aboriginal issues that cannot be resolved by simply getting them in line with everyone else?

I am knowledgeable enough to say that diabetes, kidney disease, injuries (including suicide and self-inflicted injuries), cardiovascular diseases including coronary heart disease (CHD), cancer, respiratory diseases, musculoskeletal conditions are conditions that a probably much more prevalent among indigenous Australians than non-indigenous Australians.

https://www.hollows.org/au/what-we-do/indigenous-australia/aboriginal-and-torres...

Quote:
"Indigenous Australians have been victims of so much ill thought out White Government stupidity and idiocy"

Fine then - leave them to it in their own homeland and let them sort it all out..... don't blame me for their problems - I've never done one thing to any of them.

If you knew how police work, they are instructed to get aboriginal liaison officers to help them deal with potential criminal matters among indigenous people. Rockhampton has a sizable indigenous police recruitment to deal with the 7% of the town who identify as indigenous Australian.

Quote:
What are your solutions to their problems then, O Great One?  You never offer those - only criticism of others... like that idiot Sad Kangaroo you never put up so people can set you right... just go at others.

I know the question is not asked to me, but I have no problem with having a mild affirmative action in place for issues like indigenous health and welfare issues. Other areas designed to "close the gap" socioeconomically, can be mainstreamed with what the rest of the country receives.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #16 - Jul 19th, 2024 at 5:10pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Jul 19th, 2024 at 5:05pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 19th, 2024 at 12:28am:
Now then - what are these Aboriginal issues that cannot be resolved by simply getting them in line with everyone else?

I am knowledgeable enough to say that diabetes, kidney disease, injuries (including suicide and self-inflicted injuries), cardiovascular diseases including coronary heart disease (CHD), cancer, respiratory diseases, musculoskeletal conditions are conditions that a probably much more prevalent among indigenous Australians than non-indigenous Australians.

https://www.hollows.org/au/what-we-do/indigenous-australia/aboriginal-and-torres...

Quote:
"Indigenous Australians have been victims of so much ill thought out White Government stupidity and idiocy"

Fine then - leave them to it in their own homeland and let them sort it all out..... don't blame me for their problems - I've never done one thing to any of them.

If you knew how police work, they are instructed to get aboriginal liaison officers to help them deal with potential criminal matters among indigenous people. Rockhampton has a sizable indigenous police recruitment to deal with the 7% of the town who identify as indigenous Australian.

Quote:
What are your solutions to their problems then, O Great One?  You never offer those - only criticism of others... like that idiot Sad Kangaroo you never put up so people can set you right... just go at others.

I know the question is not asked to me, but I have no problem with having a mild affirmative action in place for issues like indigenous health and welfare issues. Other areas designed to "close the gap" socioeconomically, can be mainstreamed with what the rest of the country receives.

OK - I'll send the medicine man to make some smoke and cure all those illnesses ... would you care for a genie as well?

Policing.  So are you saying that there is one rule for the majority and special rules for the minority?  Are we all equal in this country or are we to be forever divided by colour and creed?

They have opportunities - they need to both take advantage of them and to prepare for them.  They can't just become a nurse or a doctor without a basic grounding in educational requirements..... witch doctor perhaps... but you're on your own there.. if that's your treatment choice....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton
Reply #17 - Jul 19th, 2024 at 5:24pm

aquascoot wrote on Jul 19th, 2024 at 4:09pm:
If you really want to destroy someones future

1  tell them they have been victimised and they should construct an identity around that.

2 give them a dollar they didnt earn.

I have to say that this is important. I recall when I went through my schizophrenic episode 18 years ago, the mental health professionals (the psychiatrists and the social workers) told me that I needed to come to terms with my condition, and not use it as an excuse for all of my problems. Whilst people can be sympathetic to my condition, I have been high-functioning for the last 10 years. And I don't mention my schizophrenia, other than times when people bring up their own schizophrenia experiences to use for their excuses. I always like to chime in and qualify my empathy for them.

As for the dollar that they did not earn, I do not consider my Centrelink payments to be money that I did not earn. Admittedly, I figure that the government owes me for past problems -- Oops, was that the schizophrenia talking?  Wink

However, back in the year 2020, when we started getting those Coronavirus supplements, I had a problem with having too much money and too much time on my hands. Instead of saving the money and getting a new car engine for my 2010 run-about small car, I managed to blow much of those extra payments on grog, fast food, and home entertainment. Hindsight might literally be 2020, but I did not think that fast back then.

"A dollar saved is a dollar earned" but "Such are the paths of all who go after ill-gotten gain; it takes away the life of those who get it." -- Proverbs 1:19 (NIV)

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Jul 19th, 2024 at 5:44pm

... lack of culture and a lack of profile....    one more flat-faced ugly governor-general appointee and that's it... I'm leaving.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #19 - Jul 19th, 2024 at 6:20pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 19th, 2024 at 5:44pm:
... lack of culture and a lack of profile....    one more flat-faced ugly governor-general appointee and that's it... I'm leaving.

Continually uses racial slurs, promotes segregation, has called for their genocide before, supports shooting them on sight, calls the stolen generation BS and worries about the white gene pool being diluted.

Quack quack?

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Jul 19th, 2024 at 6:51pm

Equal rights for all when special little groups are handed incredible special privileges...

It takes a special kind of madness to support a small minority wanting to take the primest land in the country without paying for it, for the simple reason that they once went fishing there or similar... and an extra kind of madness to suggest that anyone who says such a proposition is ridiculous in the 21st Century under totally different rules and population pressure etc - is somehow 'hating' on those demanding... once you could just walk in and say - "Yeah - this is mine"... and there was hardly anyone else within coo-ee..... let alone a hundred miles... now there are millions and the number is growing by the day and a hundred miles is not very far.....

Sorry - your old ways are gone, Jackie-Jackie.... we don't do squatters in designated National Parks and Crown land who turn around and demand ownership with payment etc  ... no such thing these days.  You want - you buy ......

Clearly some of you need a stint in the asylum
« Last Edit: Jul 19th, 2024 at 8:04pm by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

asylums_008.jpg (99 KB | 6 )
asylums_008.jpg

― John Adams

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #21 - Jul 19th, 2024 at 7:02pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 19th, 2024 at 6:51pm:
Equal rights for all when special little groups are handed incredible special privileges...

Like Jews?

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

Sir Eoin O Fada
Gold Member

Australian Politics

New England, NSW
Reply #22 - Jul 19th, 2024 at 7:49pm

You want a solu[ O the Aboriginal community’s problems?

Treat them as equals, treat them the same as other Australians.
No special privileges, just equality.

Self defence is a right.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #23 - Jul 19th, 2024 at 8:36pm

Sir Eoin O Fada wrote on Jul 19th, 2024 at 7:49pm:
You want a solu[ O the Aboriginal community’s problems?

Treat them as equals, treat them the same as other Australians.
No special privileges, just equality.

That would be wonderful.  Just how is that going to correct all the reprehensible ways Government and Society has mistreated them for generations, Eugene?  I wonder if that simply doesn't confine them to be second-class citizens simply because they have different coloured skin?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #24 - Jul 19th, 2024 at 8:38pm

It takes a special kind of madness to support a small minority wanting to take the primest land in the country without paying for it, for the simple reason that they once went fishing there or similar... and an extra kind of madness to suggest that anyone who says such a proposition is ridiculous in the 21st Century under totally different rules and population pressure etc - is somehow 'hating' on those demanding... once you could just walk in and say - "Yeah - this is mine"... and there was hardly anyone else within coo-ee..... let alone a hundred miles... now there are millions and the number is growing by the day and a hundred miles is not very far.....

Sorry - your old ways are gone, Jackie-Jackie.... we don't do squatters in designated National Parks and Crown land who turn around and demand ownership with payment etc  ... no such thing these days.  You want - you buy ......

Clearly you need to follow my advice.  Either shape up or piss off, Graps.  You seem unable to leave your ego at the door.  Why?  Are you so insecure in yourself that you need to insult and annoy people at the drop of a hat?  You joke has worn thin.  Time to leave it.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Jul 20th, 2024 at 12:03am

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 19th, 2024 at 8:38pm:

Clearly you need to follow my advice.  Either shape up or piss off, Graps.  You seem unable to leave your ego at the door.  Why?  Are you so insecure in yourself that you need to insult and annoy people at the drop of a hat?  You joke has worn thin.  Time to leave it.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Ooooh - ain' goin' shape up OR ship out... I insult people who've insulted me, you no like?  Tough titties.  Tell them to stop insulting me and I won't give it back to them.

Post some views and start discussing like an adult - unlike those others.

How do you propose to go about actually solving Aboriginal problems?  More inequalities and more troubles built up by stupid decisions?

Stick with it, lad.

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Jul 20th, 2024 at 12:11am

... clear sight, common sense, and a little bit of looking into yourselves....

Brian - you've been playing with the rolling eyes since forever instead of offering answers.... now you want to join the clown's gallery and line up against me?

Fine.  Let me know when you see one post from mothra, for example, that is not a slug at me.... look at the utter garbage Sacka has put out against me - starting with trying to use silly terms like 'champ' to attempt to suggest that my views had no merit.... and you accuse me of insulting them - just like dear mothra did with that ratbag FTLW - I have his crimes recorded, Brian and his posts were clearly abusive, insulting and violent .... don't start what you can't finish is my motto.

Well, champ - go for it...... getting a bit close with the socks, am I?   (heh, heh, heh)...

You want reason and order - bring the fool's gallery to order ... get them to actually post an opinion rather than ad homs and see how their views stand up to the light - but then - you know full well why they won't do that.

Now then - shape up or ship out, Brian - what valid solutions can YOU offer to all these never-ending Aboriginal problems?

Something wrong with you people....

asylums_009.jpg (99 KB | 5 )
asylums_009.jpg

― John Adams

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #27 - Jul 20th, 2024 at 12:14am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 20th, 2024 at 12:03am:

Ooooh - ain' goin' shape up OR ship out... I insult people who've insulted me, you no like?  Tough titties.  Tell them to stop insulting me and I won't give it back to them.

How do you propose to go about actually solving Aboriginal problems?  More inequalities and more troubles built up by stupid decisions?

Stick with it, lad.

You went after me in the beginning, escalating to death threats, all without any provocation, simply because you couldn't counter what I had to say.

At the time, when I had assumed you, like Boris, were just being edge lords and didn't actually hold the beliefs that you posted about, you know, all the genocide stuff, so I tried to deal with you in a good faith debate.

I've come to learn that the respect and benefit of the doubt you were afforded at the time was unwarranted and undeserved.

You do in fact hold those beliefs and are a black-hearted, terrible, terrible person.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Jul 20th, 2024 at 12:22am

SadKangaroo wrote on Jul 20th, 2024 at 12:14am:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 20th, 2024 at 12:03am:

Stick with it, lad.

You went after me in the beginning, escalating to death threats, all without any provocation, simply because you couldn't counter what I had to say.

At the time, when I had assumed you, like Boris, were just being edge lords and didn't actually hold the beliefs that you posted about, you know, all the genocide stuff, so I tried to deal with you in a good faith debate.

I've come to learn that the respect and benefit of the doubt you were afforded at the time was unwarranted and undeserved.

You do in fact hold those beliefs and are a black-hearted, terrible, terrible person.

You are a liar.  I did nothing of the sort - you were challenged, didn't like it, never gave any valid response, threw insults around, started using derogatory terms like 'champ' and got it back - and I have never threatened you, you liar.

You've been told time and again how that works - this is the last time ....  the Mayor of Alice Springs suggested bringing in the army to restore peace ... I cited the scenario where the rioters were told to disperse and go home and refused to do so - at which point deadly force can be employed..... I then added the codicil that perhaps 10% of the rioters could be saved........ from a life of crime and imprisonment where most of them are headed now.  Nowhere did I suggest shooting 90% of them.

You have yet to say anything of real value, but have wasted a lot of my time throwing insults around... YOU did that, not me.  I gave it back to you and you hate it, chump.  That 'champ' derogative was where you started to go off the rails.... champ ....don't you ever try to belittle anybody in my hearing as your only way of trying to 'win' your point, champ.

Got that?  Heat's too hot - there's the kitchen door, liar.

Best you post where I've 'threatened your life' - you paranoid delusional .... there's a time limit.

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - Jul 20th, 2024 at 12:38am

Now then - valid beliefs ... do you need small words?:-

Aborigines get special treatment outside the laws of the land over 'land claims', government connive with them over it.
Nobody else ever gets the same hearing and nobody else has any government department or agency working for them on those claims.... yet you call this equality.
'Sacred sites' etc are found where they never were before in virtually every claim.  Whale song lines....
Aborigines in the Northern territory kill women (and men) at a massively higher rate than any other demographic
Violence against and neglect of their children is at a higher rate than any other demographic
Law and order is out of control in many cities, much of it from Aboriginal youth who feel entitled™ to run amok
Nobody forces them to live in remote and jobless areas, thus creating their ongoing poverty and social security reliance
Many Aboriginal children do not go to schools and so have no chance of obtaining a job - same result.
The voice was an unnecessary imposition on the Australian people and on politics and had a huge agenda behind it - so it was wisely put down, thus preventing it from being a source of endless trouble.
Native title rights do not give ownership
There is no valid reason for any small group to require absolute free possession of any great swathe of land these days since they have no use for it, since they go hunting to the shops etc like everyone else.  They can still use Open Range land like everyone else and even enjoy some special rights on Crown land, so what is THEIR problem?
The concept that a group can come along and Governor Phillip style just lay claim is long outdated, and that means Aboriginal claims in the same style, as well as the Chinese or the Gazans if they arrive here and stake out the country (what IS wrong with you?  You lambast colonisation by the first fleet - yet pursue colonisation by nomad groups assiduously as if it is an absolute right in the 21st Century).

Tell me which of those is not a 'valid belief'...... don't be shy now... here's your chance, liar.  Tell us all why these are invalid... then tell us again after the next round of elections ...... this IS 2024, you know - not 1787 with small wandering groups hardly seeing one another and feeling that they therefore own the entire landscape they can see even if they can never use it and if anyone objects to their group's ownership they'll fight it out to genocide level ...... and don't use any of that land any more anyway.  It is Crown land and National Parks held in trust by governments for ALL - no government has the right to just give it away on that worn-out old imperialist basis - and shared usage is no problem for anyone but them.  Again - nobody is trying to force them off land owned by and for all.... THEY are the aggressors there, and without reason.  Will they suddenly revert to going walkabout and hunting game for their food, something that in drought required a larger area?

Don't be shy.... speak up... this is a once and only opportunity - after this I will revert to asking you to offer your solutions to Aboriginal problems, something you are terrified of doing since you know they will be shot to pieces.

I'll give you one day to respond to each and all of those valid beliefs with full reasoning on why - and none of your lip, champ.  YOU keep it civil and I will go back to being civil - you started it - I finish it.

― John Adams

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 11
Send Topic Print