Send Topic Print
Kamala Harris (Read 13207 times)
greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Kamala Harris
Jul 23rd, 2024 at 2:17pm

Harris secures enough delegates to win nomination

Vice President Kamala Harris has celebrated securing enough delegate endorsements to win the Democratic presidential nomination.

“Tonight, I am proud to have secured the broad support needed to become our party’s nominee, and as a daughter of California, I am proud that my home state’s delegation helped put our campaign over the top. I look forward to formally accepting the nomination soon,” she wrote in a statement sent by her campaign.

Harris pledged to bring the fight to Donald Trump (the rapist & convicted felon).

“Over the next few months, I will be traveling across the country talking to Americans about everything that is on the line. I fully intend to unite our party, unite our nation, and defeat Donald Trump in November,” she said ahead of her first campaign rally for her new bid to beat the former president.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Kamala Harris
Reply #1 - Jul 23rd, 2024 at 2:20pm

Democrats are rapidly unifying behind Kamala Harris as their party nominee, yet the Vice President remains relatively unknown to most Americans. That means it’s important to look at her record to see what she believes.

As VP she’s closely identified with the Biden agenda, for better or worse, and she embraced that record in remarks on Monday. She said President Biden’s first term has “surpassed the legacy” of most Presidents who have served two.

So mark her down as endorsing the spending blowouts that caused inflation, the Green New Deal, entitlement expansions and student loan forgiveness. Until she says otherwise, we should also assume she’s in favour of Mr. Biden’s $5 trillion tax increase in 2025.

The Vice President’s four years as a Senator from California are another window on her worldview. She sponsored a bill to create a $6,000 guaranteed income for families making up to $100,000. Another Harris proposal: A refundable tax credit that would effectively cap rents and utility payments at 30% of income. Liberal economists panned the subsidy because it would drive up rents.

Review and Outlook: Joe Biden’s decision to drop out of the 2024 presidential race is in the nation’s interests, even if it was begrudging.
She co-sponsored legislation with Bernie Sanders that would pay tuition at four-year public colleges for students from families making up to $125,000. This is more honest than the Administration’s back-end student loan cancellation. But it would cost $700 billion over a decade and encourage colleges to increase tuition.

Another Bernie mind-meld: Single-payer healthcare. Ms. Harris co-sponsored his Medicare for All legislation paid for by higher income taxes. She tweaked Bernie’s plan when running for President in 2019 by extending the phase-in to 10 years from four and exempting households making less than $100,000 from the “income-based premium.” But it would still put government in charge of all American healthcare over time.

As a San Francisco Democrat, Ms. Harris shares the state’s hostility to fossil fuels. She used her power as California Attorney-General to launch an investigation into Exxon Mobil over its carbon emissions. In 2019 she endorsed a nationwide ban on oil and gas fracking, which would cost tens of thousands of jobs and cause power outages like those that often occur in her home state. Expect this to be a GOP talking point in Pennsylvania.

One question to ask is whether the Vice President wants to restructure the Supreme Court. She said in 2019 she was “open” to adding more Justices, but that idea doesn’t poll well. Does she agree with Mr. Biden’s mooted plan to endorse “reforms” to the High Court that would make the Justices subject to Congressional supervision?

Mr Biden famously put Ms. Harris in charge of border policy, and we know how that has turned out. Rather than push for border policy changes, her first instinct was to blame the rush of migrants on “root causes” in developing countries, including corruption, violence, poverty and “lack of climate adaptation and climate resilience.”

Climate change makes the U.S. border a sieve? Apparently so. “In Honduras, in the wake of hurricanes, we must deliver food, shelter, water and sanitation to the people,” Ms. Harris declared. “And in Guatemala, as farmers endure continuous droughts, we must work with them to plant drought-resistant crops.”

Kamala Harris has consolidated support among Democrats in the hours after President Biden dropped his re-election bid, but she doesn’t automatically become the party’s next nominee. Democratic National Committee member Elaine Kamarck explains how…
These “root causes” take decades to address, and in the meantime she had nothing to say about actual border security.

Ms. Harris’s foreign policy views aren’t well known, or perhaps even well formed, apart from promoting Mr. Biden’s policies. While she has backed the Administration’s military assistance to Ukraine, she has equivocated about support for Israel. In March she chastised Israel for not doing enough to ease a “humanitarian catastrophe.” Leaks to the press say officials at the National Security Council toned down her speech’s criticism of Israel.

She lambasted the Trump Administration for killing Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps Gen. Qassem Soleimani, claiming it could lead to bigger war in the Mideast. The killing chastened Iran’s rulers instead, at least until the Biden Administration began to ease sanctions and tried to repeat the 2015 nuclear deal.

It will be especially important for the press to ask Ms. Harris about her national security views. If her handlers control her as much as White House advisers have Mr. Biden, we’ll know they’re afraid that the Vice President might not be able to handle the scrutiny.

A fair conclusion from all of this is that Ms. Harris is a standard California progressive on most issues, often to the left of Mr. Biden. Perhaps as she reintroduces herself to the public in the coming weeks, she will modify some of those views. She would be wise to do so if she wants to win.

Given the rush by Democrats to anoint Ms. Harris as their nominee, the press has a particular obligation to tell the public about who she is and what she really thinks. Does she believe California is a model for the country?

The Wall Street Journal

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Jul 23rd, 2024 at 2:24pm

Trump:

Rapist?  Yes.

Convicted criminal?  Yes

Impeached?  Yes.  Twice.

Best friends with Jeffrey Epstein?  Yes.

Alleged child rapist?  Yes.

Stole money from kids' cancer charities?  Yes.

Harris:

Rapist?  No.

Convicted criminal?  No

Impeached?  No.  Never.

Best friends with Jeffrey Epstein?  No.

Alleged child rapist?  No.

Stole money from kids' cancer charities?  No.

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Jul 23rd, 2024 at 3:04pm

she could win as trump could shoot himself in the foot.

however

1  she was put in charge of the border by biden and let in 7 million illegals
i'm sure trumps campaign will continually point this out

2  she never raised concerns re biden being demented , so she has a problem in that the electorate will see her as a liar  (interesting that trump can lie way more, but pay no price for it)

i dont mind her energy
she just needs to study a bit of the skills required to send the "sub-communication"

1 can she remain upbeat and not fall into scalding as many lefties do (i think she can)
2 can she meet the people where they are at (does she have the years of brutal interaction that enable someone to be at ease with the masses)
if i was her i would be studying oprah
oprah has about 10 differnet nods, such is her mastery of body language. each type of nod presents a subtley different communication.

she will need to learn these skills quickly as trump is a master of "frame control" and if, like most of trumps foes, she falls into HIS frame and reacts to HIM
she is toast

what she needs to do is treat trump like furniture, like he doesnt exist, like he is on his grind and she is on hers and she is so much the star of her own movie, she doesnt even know what trump is up to

hard to do for the left because trump has been trolling them for years (successfully)

maybe i could shoot her thru my email address and she can take me on as her director of communications

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #4 - Jul 23rd, 2024 at 3:06pm

She will run strong on reproductive rights which should get her a lot of votes.

The USVP is a powerless sort of creature, the Genocide Joe label won’t transfer to her unless she powerfully supported Biden in this.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

tallowood
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Jul 23rd, 2024 at 3:31pm

Reality is a figment of imagination

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Jul 23rd, 2024 at 5:38pm

Jovial Monk wrote on Jul 23rd, 2024 at 3:06pm:
She will run strong on reproductive rights which should get her a lot of votes.

Yep.

Plus, no rapes, no criminal convictions, no impeachments, and she's never stolen money from kids' cancer charities.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Jul 23rd, 2024 at 5:41pm

aquascoot wrote on Jul 23rd, 2024 at 3:04pm:
she will need to learn these skills quickly as trump is a master of "frame control" ...

Yet, he has never won the popular vote.  Never.  Not once.

Thus, Hillary and Joe were SUPER masters of "frame control".

They both beat him at his own game.

Smiley

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Jul 23rd, 2024 at 5:42pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 23rd, 2024 at 5:41pm:
she will need to learn these skills quickly as trump is a master of "frame control" ...

Smiley

do you think hilary feels like she beat trump   Undecided Undecided Undecided

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Jul 23rd, 2024 at 5:49pm

aquascoot wrote on Jul 23rd, 2024 at 5:42pm:

Smiley

Absolutely.

No matter how many times you keep pushing the "Trump is popular" bullshit, you'll always be wrong.

Every single day.  Every year.  Every election.

Trump is popular in his cult.  That's a given.

Nobody is denying that Trump is the best thing in the world according to his cult members.  That's how cults work.

However, he isn't popular among sane people.

Every time he's gone to an election he's lost the popular vote.  Every. Single. Time.

Hillary and Joe were more popular than Trump.

Now, this is where you completely change the subject and say "The popular vote doesn't decide who becomes President".

And then everyone will laugh at you, because we weren't discussing how POTUS is chosen.

Come on, we know you can do it ...

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Jul 23rd, 2024 at 6:04pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 23rd, 2024 at 5:49pm:

Smiley

Absolutely.

No matter how many times you keep pushing the "Trump is popular" bullshit, you'll always be wrong.

Nobody is denying that Trump is the best thing in the world according to his cult members.  That's how cults work.

Every time he's gone to an election he's lost the popular vote.  Every. Single. Time.

Now, this is where you completely change the subject and say "The popular vote doesn't decide who becomes President".

And then everyone will laugh at you, because we weren't discussing how POTUS is chosen.

Albo didn't win the popular vote. Starmer didn't win the popular vote. Nor Sunak, Macron, Stolz, Xi, Trudeau, Newsome, Meloni, von Leyden, Wilders.

Almost nobody in government today, except perhaps Putin who won the popular vote, 88% with a 77% turnout.

You bang on about the popular vote,  you despicable liar, as if it was relevant to the US electoral system, or indeed to most Western electoral systems. It isn't.

Is Albo illegit? Starmer, Stolz, Macron?
Is Putin the only legit one?

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Jul 23rd, 2024 at 6:16pm

Frank wrote on Jul 23rd, 2024 at 6:04pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 23rd, 2024 at 5:49pm:

Smiley

Absolutely.

Albo didn't win the popular vote. Starmer didn't win the popular vote. Nor Sunak, Macron, Stolz, Xi, Trudeau, Newsome, Meloni, von Leyden, Wilders.

Almost nobody in government today, except perhaps Putin who won the popular vote, 88% with a 77% turnout.

You bang on about the popular vote,  you despicable liar, as if it was relevant to the US electoral system, or indeed to most Western electoral systems. It isn't.

Is Albo illegit? Starmer, Stolz, Macron?
Is Putin the only legit one?

Lol    Grin

It's like shooting fish in a barrel.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #12 - Jul 23rd, 2024 at 6:18pm

Kamala Harris is 21 years younger than Trump.

She is not a convicted felon or sex offender.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Jul 23rd, 2024 at 6:20pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 23rd, 2024 at 2:17pm:
Harris secures enough delegates to win nomination

Vice President Kamala Harris has celebrated securing enough delegate endorsements to win the Democratic presidential nomination.

“Tonight, I am proud to have secured the broad support needed to become our party’s nominee, and as a daughter of California, I am proud that my home state’s delegation helped put our campaign over the top. I look forward to formally accepting the nomination soon,” she wrote in a statement sent by her campaign.

Harris pledged to bring the fight to Donald Trump (the rapist & convicted felon).

“Over the next few months, I will be traveling across the country talking to Americans about everything that is on the line. I fully intend to unite our party, unite our nation, and defeat Donald Trump in November,” she said ahead of her first campaign rally for her new bid to beat the former president.

I know, but get this. Apparently the GOP are planning to challenge this vote in the courts.

They think the Dems should follow the primary system for selecting their candidate. That's more democratic, you see.

Yes, while Rudy, Sidney and the big fella were using their preferred delegates to try to overturn the popular vote in 2020, the GOP now want the Dems to disregard their own delegates and take it to the people.

Cunning, no? With any luck, the courts will overturn this undemocratic travesty, throw Karmala off the ballot and nominate the big fella as the Dem's candidate for prez.

I think it's a smart move. Rule of law, innit.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Jul 23rd, 2024 at 6:26pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Jul 23rd, 2024 at 6:18pm:
Kamala Harris is 21 years younger than Trump.

Still way too old.

4. The parties were held at a New York City residence that was being used by Defendant Jeffrey
Epstein. Each of the parties had other minor females and a number of guests of Mr. Epstein, including
Defendant Donald Trump at four of the parties I attended. I understood that both Mr. Trump and Mr.Epstein knew that I was 13 years old.

5. Defendant Trump had sexual contact with me at four different parties in the summer of 1994.
On the fourth and final sexual encounter with Defendant Trump, Defendant Trump tied me to a bed,
exposed himself to me, and then proceeded to forcibly rape me. During the course of this savage sexual
attack, I loudly pleaded with Defendant Trump to stop but he did not. Defendant Trump responded to
my pleas by violently striking me in the face with his open hand and screaming that he would do
whatever he wanted.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 58
Send Topic Print