Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
How could Kamala Harris win (Read 919 times)
greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: How could Kamala Harris win
Reply #60 - Jul 24th, 2024 at 5:43pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 24th, 2024 at 5:31pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 24th, 2024 at 4:49pm:
Taking the stage to applause at a high school in a suburb of Milwaukee on Tuesday, Ms Harris highlighted her experience as California's attorney general.

"I took on perpetrators of all kinds,” she said. “Predators who abused women. Fraudsters who ripped off consumers. Cheaters who broke the rules for their own gain.”

"So hear me when I say I know Donald Trump's type," Ms Harris added. "In this campaign, I promise you, I will proudly put my record against his any day of the week."

Great stuff.

And then there's this:

NEW YORK (AP) — Kamala Harris is smashing fundraising records as the Democratic Party’s donors — big and small — open their wallets for the vice president in the immediate aftermath of President Joe Biden’s stunning decision to step aside.

In total, Harris’ team raised more than $81 million in the 24-hour period since Biden’s announcement, campaign spokesperson Kevin Munoz said Monday.

The massive haul, which includes money raised across the campaign, the Democratic National Committee and joint fundraising committees, represents the largest 24-hour sum reported by either side in the 2024 campaign. Harris’ campaign said it was the largest single-day total in U.S. history.

Overall, the Harris campaign said 888,000 grassroots donors made donations over the previous 24 hours; more than 500,000 were making their first contribution of the 2024 campaign cycle.

And she didn't have to sell any crappy bibles printed in China and covered in cheap brown vinyl to do it.

But wait ...

Exclusive: Harris leads Trump 44% to 42% in US presidential race, Reuters/Ipsos poll finds

July 23 (Reuters) - Vice President Kamala Harris opened up a marginal two-percentage-point lead over Republican Donald Trump after President Joe Biden ended his re-election campaign and passed the torch to her, a Reuters/Ipsos poll found.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #61 - Jul 26th, 2024 at 9:43am

Party Cheating In Primary Election Promises They Will Definitely Not Cheat In General Election

WASHINGTON, D.C. — Despite rampant skepticism among the voting public as November approached, the party cheating in the primary election solemnly promised that it would definitely not be cheating in the general election.

A group of the nation's most prominent Democrats held a press conference to allay the fears of American citizens that the fact that they had just successfully undermined the democratic process to replace Joe Biden with Kamala Harris on the presidential ticket might be an indication that they would pull similar unethical shenanigans in November's general election against Donald Trump.

"Don't be ridiculous," said Nancy Pelosi when asked if Democrats would cheat in November. "All the shady business we just did to get rid of Joe should not be seen as any sign that we would ever do anything unscrupulous in the upcoming presidential election. To be fully transparent, the fact that there are still unanswered questions about suspicious things that happened in 2020 and 2022 should not at all be used as evidence that we would do any suspicious things in 2024. Any suggestion to the contrary is a threat to democracy."

Other leading Democrats concurred. "We are so tired of having to defend ourselves against these spurious allegations," Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer said. "Did we circumvent the democratic process to dump Joe Biden and install Kamala Harris as the nominee? Yes. Are we notorious for bending, breaking, and flouting state and federal laws to get the election outcomes we want? Yes. Is that any indication that we will cheat in this year's general election? Obviously not. If you imply that it is, you'll be brought up on charges."

Not satire.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #62 - Jul 26th, 2024 at 9:53am

Frank wrote on Jul 24th, 2024 at 5:41pm:
You were equally enthusiastic and elated about Sleepy Joe when everyone else saw his decrepitude.

As decrepit as Biden is, he still managed to outdo Trump in every way possible. Grin Grin Grin

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #63 - Jul 26th, 2024 at 11:03am

John Smith wrote on Jul 26th, 2024 at 9:53am:
Frank wrote on Jul 24th, 2024 at 5:41pm:
You were equally enthusiastic and elated about Sleepy Joe when everyone else saw his decrepitude.

As decrepit as Biden is, he still managed to outdo Trump in every way possible. Grin Grin Grin

That's right.  He was a good president.

He just hung on a bit too long.

History will remember him fondly.

Trump will be remembered as a rapist and convicted criminal.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #64 - Jul 26th, 2024 at 11:13am

Frank wrote on Jul 26th, 2024 at 9:43am:
A group of the nation's most prominent Democrats held a press conference to allay the fears of American citizens that the fact that they had just successfully undermined the democratic process to replace Joe Biden with Kamala Harris on the presidential ticket ...

Nope.

Biden was the presumptive nominee.

Next month they'll have a vote and the official nominee will be chosen.  Democratically.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #65 - Jul 26th, 2024 at 2:37pm

A woman who says she is going to vote for Harris because 'she is a black woman' gets a quick wake-up lesson.

https://x.com/ImMeme0/status/1816639361858810171

The same people who can't define what a woman is and say one shouldn't judge people by the colour of they skin are now voting for Kamala Harris because she's a woman of colour.
« Last Edit: Jul 26th, 2024 at 2:43pm by Frank »  

IP Logged

tallowood
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #66 - Jul 26th, 2024 at 3:41pm

Quote:
How could Kamala Harris win

She can challenge Trump to do public striptease show instead of public debate show.

Reality is a figment of imagination

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #67 - Jul 26th, 2024 at 4:15pm

tallowood wrote on Jul 26th, 2024 at 3:41pm:
Quote:
How could Kamala Harris win

She can challenge Trump to do public striptease show instead of public debate show.

Trump has backed out of the debate.

He's scared of strong, intelligent women of colour  Smiley

IP Logged

tallowood
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #68 - Jul 26th, 2024 at 4:36pm

Her strip will be the winner for sure  Wink

Reality is a figment of imagination

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #69 - Jul 26th, 2024 at 4:46pm

Frank wrote on Jul 26th, 2024 at 2:37pm:
A woman who says she is going to vote for Harris because 'she is a black woman' gets a quick wake-up lesson.

More than half of what he says is just plain wrong, and the rest has nothing to do with Kamala.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #70 - Jul 26th, 2024 at 5:11pm

Kamala should keep reproductive choice to the forefront. 60–80% of Americans believe abortion should be legal. It is why the Repugs did so badly in the midterms.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

Karnal
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #71 - Jul 26th, 2024 at 5:17pm

Frank wrote on Jul 26th, 2024 at 9:43am:
Party Cheating In Primary Election Promises They Will Definitely Not Cheat In General Election

https://media.babylonbee.com/articles/66a2c8f48458166a2c8f484582.jpg

WASHINGTON, D.C. — Despite rampant skepticism among the voting public as November approached, the party cheating in the primary election solemnly promised that it would definitely not be cheating in the general election.

A group of the nation's most prominent Democrats held a press conference to allay the fears of American citizens that the fact that they had just successfully undermined the democratic process to replace Joe Biden with Kamala Harris on the presidential ticket might be an indication that they would pull similar unethical shenanigans in November's general election against Donald Trump.

"Don't be ridiculous," said Nancy Pelosi when asked if Democrats would cheat in November. "All the shady business we just did to get rid of Joe should not be seen as any sign that we would ever do anything unscrupulous in the upcoming presidential election. To be fully transparent, the fact that there are still unanswered questions about suspicious things that happened in 2020 and 2022 should not at all be used as evidence that we would do any suspicious things in 2024. Any suggestion to the contrary is a threat to democracy."

Other leading Democrats concurred. "We are so tired of having to defend ourselves against these spurious allegations," Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer said. "Did we circumvent the democratic process to dump Joe Biden and install Kamala Harris as the nominee? Yes. Are we notorious for bending, breaking, and flouting state and federal laws to get the election outcomes we want? Yes. Is that any indication that we will cheat in this year's general election? Obviously not. If you imply that it is, you'll be brought up on charges."

Not satire.

That's not satire again, old boy. Setting your sights on another Trump loss, are we?

Oh well, boo hoo, so unfair, etc.

IP Logged

John_Taverner
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #72 - Jul 26th, 2024 at 5:32pm

There is a nasty rumour going around on that most authoritative of sites X.com, which is not at all dominated by Kremlin bots.

Apparently if Trump is elected President, or ousts power, he will immediately require all immigrants to do an IQ test. Those who score above 100 will be refused entry.

I wonder if there is any truth to the rumour.  Wink

72+Adelaide+Street  
IP Logged

Karnal
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #73 - Jul 26th, 2024 at 5:48pm

John_Taverner wrote on Jul 26th, 2024 at 5:32pm:
There is a nasty rumour going around on that most authoritative of sites X.com, which is not at all dominated by Kremlin bots.

Apparently if Trump is elected President, or ousts power, he will immediately require all immigrants to do an IQ test. Those who score above 100 will be refused entry.

I wonder if there is any truth to the rumour.  Wink

I heard that too, dear. He's hoping to get the dumb ones to vote for him, you see.

Alas, he hasn't yet worked out that they first have to go to court, get granted asylum and wait eight years before they're eligible for citizenship, poor things.

You?

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #74 - Jul 27th, 2024 at 12:14pm

Kamala Harris Secures Liberal White Women Vote By Always Being Drunk And Intolerable

WASHINGTON, D.C. — New poll numbers showed Kamala Harris had locked up the white liberal woman vote by constantly being drunk and intolerable.

"Hey, girlfriends!" Kamala slurred at audience members of a recent rally. "Are we ready for Happy Hour right now? It's Friday somewhere, am I right? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Political analysts determined that liberal white women fell in line with Kamala after seeing how relatable she was. "I like the way she's able to yell at a waiter while holding a glass of white wine and not spill a bit on her, just like me!" said one female rally attendee. White liberal women also say they love how Kamala staggers around the stage talking incoherently, just like they all do when they've had a few too many at their kids' private school fundraisers.

"She's so relatable. I also love chugging a bottle of sparkling white wine and posting total nonsense on social media," Kamala supporter Britany Kane said. "The way she slurs her speech and staggers around in public while dancing to whatever Beyoncé song is playing over the public sound system…. I totally do that too!"

At publishing time, the Harris campaign had released a new campaign slogan to help reel in even more liberal white ladies: "If Life Gives You Lemons, Add Vodka!"

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print