Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Albo can make Alice Springs great again (Read 194 times)
Daves2017
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Albo can make Alice Springs great again
Jul 27th, 2024 at 11:56pm

Everytime he visits ( short as he can) the crime rates plummeted.

Albo, I know you have walked away from the voice debacle but if you can do one thing for central Australia.

Transfer your office to Alice Springs!

Stop talking and do something constructive!
If you ever really cared?

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Re: Albo can make Alice Springs great again
Reply #1 - Jul 29th, 2024 at 9:35pm

... grate their teeth maybe ..... he's an activisitor... FIFO ....  flies in, into back pocket - here's some lolly .... flies out ... lolly goes to buy baseball clubs for sport - the sport of hitting one another over the head... give the kids something useful to do.... I guess all those parents and elders are lining up across the wrong roads to stop them and at least lecture them on good behaviour in town... or - **gasps** even accompany them to keep the in line with civilised behaviour.

What are all those parents and elders doing out there?  Encouraging these youngsters to crush Israel Springs or something and free it from the river to the sea?  why don;t they come into town with them and keep an eye on them?

Remember Albo I The Liar?  Before any 'voice' can be considered, there must be improvements in certain key performance indicators .... school attendance, reduction in crime, reduction in violence and neglect,  less DV (as separate from violence) and fewer women killed (75/81).  So what did he do and where is the lie?  He went straight for the knee on the throat and tried to impose and bull-rush a 'voice' over the top of us.... Verbal Moses - opens his mouth and the bull rushes...

He and his kind must think we are all stupid out here..... well they do and some of us are .... you know them here - those who resist any forward and upward moves to actually help Aborigines out of THEIR plight.

Careful you don't step in that culture there, Mr Moses....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Crocodile Hunter: Origins

Rockhampton
Reply #2 - Jul 30th, 2024 at 10:05am

Daves2017 wrote on Jul 27th, 2024 at 11:56pm:

Albo, I know you have walked away from the voice debacle but if you can do one thing for central Australia.

As ridiculous as that idea may seem, you are absolutely brilliant. There was a reason why Canberra was chosen as a place to host Parliament. It was in between Sydney and Melbourne. Given the way that Australia has developed over the years, why should we not extend our Parliament to have it in the A-town.

The office will have state of the art technology. Security will be continuously taxpayer funded, to give support to the police that are already out there. And with Albo being present out there, he can continue to keep the township safer than ever. There is no way that Australians can lose out on this.

Perhaps a 12 month trial of hosting Parliament out there, just to see how things go. If it is a success, then the politicians can continue hosting meetings out there. Tourist bonanza for all.

At this stage...
IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Jul 30th, 2024 at 8:57pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Jul 30th, 2024 at 10:05am:
Daves2017 wrote on Jul 27th, 2024 at 11:56pm:

As ridiculous as that idea may seem, you are absolutely brilliant. There was a reason why Canberra was chosen as a place to host Parliament. It was in between Sydney and Melbourne. Given the way that Australia has developed over the years, why should we not extend our Parliament to have it in the A-town.

The office will have state of the art technology. Security will be continuously taxpayer funded, to give support to the police that are already out there. And with Albo being present out there, he can continue to keep the township safer than ever. There is no way that Australians can lose out on this.

Perhaps a 12 month trial of hosting Parliament out there, just to see how things go. If it is a success, then the politicians can continue hosting meetings out there. Tourist bonanza for all.

There's a thought.  Sounds a bit like Politico Island - which I think I'll market as Politicorassic Park - Aborassic won't work given the eternal tribal conflicts and such, though Gondwanamo Bay is still on the cards for the recalcitrants - Politicorassic Park could be the place where the politicians go to eat their policies until they work them out properly.  They'd probably expect their cargo cult, though.... or they might begin to eat one another....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Daves2017
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Aug 1st, 2024 at 6:24pm

Random unhinged idea I know.

But it may work?

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Aug 1st, 2024 at 9:46pm

Alice Springs Hub - as Rocky suggested..... high speed rail.... international airport.... no more VIP flights for WA pollies... Alice under control like Parliament House .. wait a minute... what was that about St Brittany?

Think on it, though - not much to distract the pollies from their jobs... re-constructed to chop back on their extra-curricular activities.... meet the KPI's for their work instead of their Naked City.... (there are eight million stories in The Naked City)... first hand experience of the way things are when the parents don;t control the kids... if you don't want to weep over him/her speared on the end of a police gun, don't bring him/her up with those standards...

Pollirassic Park!  We can still put the bad 'uns into Gondwanamo Bay up north  to meditate on their sins....

― John Adams

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Crocodile Hunter: Origins

Rockhampton
Reply #6 - Aug 4th, 2024 at 1:39am

Daves2017 wrote on Aug 1st, 2024 at 6:24pm:
Random unhinged idea I know.

But it may work?

I think the concept is quite reasonable. Great for tourism, too.

At this stage...
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print