Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Are British and Australian cultures the same? (Read 281 times)
capitosinora
Gold Member

Australian Politics

USA Florida
Are British and Australian cultures the same?
Aug 21st, 2024 at 7:57am

Are British and Australian cultures the same?
Or maybe Mauritian and western culture are the same?

Smiley

GOD BLESS AMERICA

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Re: Are British and Australian cultures the same?
Reply #1 - Aug 21st, 2024 at 9:24am

King's English: standard, pure, or correct English speech or usage. Only English are correct which is the same as 'pure'. Russians are not cultured but may get there one day and become standard Australians.

IP Logged

Daves2017
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Aug 24th, 2024 at 6:25pm

Interesting question?

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #3 - Aug 24th, 2024 at 10:42pm

No.  British culture is that of a union of separate countries ... would you say Scots or Welsh or Northern Irish culture is the same as English?  It's very regional; even places of my ancestors - Truro, Devon, Cornwall etc are different and intensely parochial.   Arrh - be Rum Smugglers!!

Australia is one country and always has been .. always was Australian country - always will be ...  I agree with the Aborigines - always was Aboriginal country and always will be - but that doesn't mean they rule it or own it... but they can enjoy it just as much as anyone else.  Now - if we could just get them out of the wrong thinking ideas ....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #4 - Aug 25th, 2024 at 12:48am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Aug 24th, 2024 at 10:42pm:

Australia is one country and always has been .. always was Australian country - always will be ...  I agree with the Aborigines - always was Aboriginal country and always will be - but that doesn't mean they rule it or own it... but they can enjoy it just as much as anyone else.  Now - if we could just get them out of the wrong thinking ideas ....

the title of this thread.......
"Are British and Australian cultures the same?"

ANSWER;
Of course they are.

Both Britain and Australia have rampant, growing [in number], ISLAMIC communities,
which are coming to dominate politics in each nation.

rampant
1 flourishing or spreading unchecked.
2 unrestrained in action or performance.

Do you doubt that assertion ?

------- >

"most Australians practise Muslim values"

-------- >

Quote:

Australia is Muslim nation, Ali says

October 8, 2006 - 6:49PM

Australia is a Muslim nation, the head of Prime Minister John Howard's Muslim advisory board says.

Dr Ameer Ali says most Australians practise Muslim values but the Muslim community is being alienated and disadvantaged by Islamophobia.

Dr Ali said multiculturalism was Australia's destiny but Muslims, as latecomers, were being disadvantaged.

"We would like to remain in this country as citizens like anybody else, but with cultural individuality preserved," he said.

....Before addressing a conference on national identity on Sunday, Dr Ali said Muslim values were practised in Australia.

"When I go abroad, they ask me where do I come from?

I say I come from a Muslim country," he said.

"Which country, they say. Australia.

"That's not a Muslim country.         Yes it's Muslim country.

>>>>>>>
"For the values that my religion preaches, these people practise.

<<<<<<<

"So I see Islam here but (the people) may not be Muslims, but in (other) countries I see Muslims but not Islam.

"....when I come back to Australia, I've been told to respect Australian values and now I am confused, because I see no contradiction at all.

"Values are universal. Human values - there is no such thing as Australian values."

"The description projected by the article in The Australian totally misrepresents the noble character of the Holy Prophet who was sent as a model to humanity.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/NATIONAL/Australia-is-Muslim-nation-Ali-says/2006/...
live link, 2017-Jun-13

cited.......
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1516142236/2#2

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #5 - Aug 25th, 2024 at 4:44am

Shortly after this jihad in Canberra, John Howard was conquered by the Islamic warriors. He kissed the model feet of Ameer Ali and was granted to be Emir and Caliph of Wollstonecraft Sydney. The Camaraygal Aboriginal Nation of Pacific Highway, North Shore, waved their swords in victory for Islam. In praise of Allah, the Harbour Bridge was converted into a monument of values.

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #6 - Aug 25th, 2024 at 5:36am

Devon, Cornwall etc are different and intensely parochial.   Arrh - be Rum Smugglers!!

https://www.discoverthehawkesbury.com.au/trending/local-myth-the-secret-smuggler...

The NSW Corps drank to the health of George the Lunatic, all Islam and cold beers.

IP Logged

capitosinora
Gold Member

Australian Politics

USA Florida
Reply #7 - Aug 27th, 2024 at 4:49pm

Yadda wrote on Aug 25th, 2024 at 12:48am:

ANSWER;
Of course they are.

OK then. If this is the case, then it means that Australia has not developed its own cultural identity. So how can anyone ask non-British Australians to integrate into an "Australian culture" that doesn't exist???

GOD BLESS AMERICA

IP Logged

athos
Gold Member

Re-educate barbarians

Hong Kong
Reply #8 - Aug 27th, 2024 at 5:05pm

capitosinora wrote on Aug 27th, 2024 at 4:49pm:

ANSWER;
Of course they are.

OK then. If this is the case, then it means that Australia has not developed its own cultural identity. So how can anyone ask non-British Australians to integrate into an "Australian culture" that doesn't exist???

You don't understand their confusion and convict mentality.
You Americans, as free people, chose the revolution to free yourself from British colonial rule and thus greatly build your cultural and national identity by becoming a world empire. On the other hand, the convicts tried to achieve the same result as the British colony through evolution, which is practically impossible.
Smiley

Do we need to be always politically correct.
In the world of universal deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #9 - Aug 27th, 2024 at 5:19pm

Charles has two personalities, one being Australian. We receive orders from him each Monday for bags of coal, iron-ore or beer bottles to be filled. He gives Honours to Heroes of Labour who meet their work-load quota. This may be payment in raw prawns, galahs or drongos. The Ashes are when the poms get beaten.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Aug 31st, 2024 at 4:50pm

ANSWER;
Of course they are.

Why don't you just stick your head up your own arse & disappear you CCP shill POS?

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Aug 31st, 2024 at 4:51pm

athos wrote on Aug 27th, 2024 at 5:05pm:

ANSWER;
Of course they are.

You don't understand their confusion and convict mentality.
You Americans, as free people, chose the revolution to free yourself from British colonial rule and thus greatly build your cultural and national identity by becoming a world empire. On the other hand, the convicts tried to achieve the same result as the British colony through evolution, which is practically impossible.
Smiley

And another CCP shill.

Piss off

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #12 - Aug 31st, 2024 at 10:52pm

If Gnads represents Australian culture, the culture is ignorance, vulgarity, insults, and slander.

OY OY OY!

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print