Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The academics are revolting (Read 307 times)
Daves2017
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The academics are revolting
Aug 27th, 2024 at 9:53pm

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Re: The academics are revolting
Reply #1 - Aug 31st, 2024 at 11:47pm

We prefer to think that their thinking is revolting at times.... too much thinking and too little reality ... too much ego invested in an erroneous blind canyon and they will defend to the last ditch...  I've known a few of them....

Comment went through just today about graduates who are unemployable.... amazing stuff... the Maori in the family has a degree and he finds it hard to get jobs - but NZ is a tough market at the best of times.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #2 - Sep 1st, 2024 at 12:32am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Aug 31st, 2024 at 11:47pm:
We prefer to think that their thinking is revolting at times.... too much thinking and too little reality ... too much ego invested in an erroneous blind canyon and they will defend to the last ditch...  I've known a few of them....

Comment went through just today about graduates who are unemployable.... amazing stuff... the Maori in the family has a degree and he finds it hard to get jobs - but NZ is a tough market at the best of times.

Grappler does a lot of professing without a diploma. Mostly when not sober.

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #3 - Sep 1st, 2024 at 2:19pm

Laugh till you cry wrote on Sep 1st, 2024 at 12:32am:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Aug 31st, 2024 at 11:47pm:

Grappler does a lot of professing without a diploma. Mostly when not sober.

That's what professors do... I'm as drunk as Dave Allen or Dean Martin were in their comedy routines - only drink 1-2 socially about twice a week..... the 'drunk' image is just for the comedy routine and such... sure fooled you lot.... not that that is difficult at any time ....

**downs another fine Guinness - shot of Jamesons - it's a Galway thing... ask Ken Bruen and his character Jack Taylor .. get on the heavenly side of a pint - drink it**

Actually, grasshoppers - I've found a pub around here that serves pints of Guinness... worth a trip one day.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print