Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Brexit 'costing UK economy £100 billion' a year (Read 178 times)
Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Brexit 'costing UK economy £100 billion' a year
Sep 1st, 2024 at 9:48am

John Bull has shot itself in the head.

The UK is going backward since Brexit and is also socially disintegrating.

Brexit was triggered by opposition to immigration and opposition to being governed by the EU.

Brexit did not solve the problems it purportedly addressed and in fact, created more and bigger problems.

"Did the UK commit an act of economic self-harm when it voted to leave the EU in 2016? The evidence so far still suggests it did,” Bloomberg economists Ana Andrade and Dan Hanson, said."

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/brexit-costing-the-uk-economy-%C2%A3100-billio...

Quote:
Brexit 'costing the UK economy £100 billion' a year
Pedro Goncalves·Finance Reporter, Yahoo Finance UK
Updated Wed, 1 Feb 20233-min read

CHRISTCHURCH, DORSET - MAY 12:  Boris Johnson speaks as he visits Reidsteel, a Christchurch company backing the Leave Vote on the 23rd June 2016. on May 12, 2016 in Christchurch, Dorset. The Vote Leave battle bus has been touring the South West of England hoping to persuade voters to back a Brexit from the European Union in the Referendum  (Photo by Matt Cardy/Getty Images)
Boris Johnson said Brexit would put millions of pounds back into the pockets of UK voters. Photo: Matt Cardy/Getty (Matt Cardy via Getty Images)
Brexit has caused a £100bn-a-year loss in output, leaving Britain’s economy 4% smaller than it would have been inside the bloc, according to according to Bloomberg Economics.

Since officially leaving the European Union, three-years ago this week, UK-based investment has grown 19% less than the G7 average and the economy has forfeited 4% worth of growth, the analysis showed.

“Did the UK commit an act of economic self-harm when it voted to leave the EU in 2016? The evidence so far still suggests it did,” Bloomberg economists Ana Andrade and Dan Hanson, said.

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

SadKangaroo

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Re: Brexit 'costing UK economy £100 billion' a year
Reply #1 - Sep 6th, 2024 at 8:26am

It's well known that Brexit was a mistake and the UK is in a lot of self-inflicted trouble at the moment.

How is this a fringe topic?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Sep 6th, 2024 at 8:37am

Brexit is a result of listening to the retarded right. The UK is getting what it deserves now.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #3 - Sep 6th, 2024 at 11:33am

The £100 billion a year is on top of the lump sum exit payment of £140 billion.

Fortunately, it is GBP, not real money.

Quote:
How much has Brexit cost the UK total?
The Mayor of London, Sadiq Khan, will use a speech at Mansion House in the City of London tonight to reveal that the cost of Brexit to the UK's economy is £140billion, according to new independent analysis.Jan 11, 2024

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #4 - Sep 6th, 2024 at 6:05pm

Britain had to 'step up' against Germany (and its Jew issue).

Now Britain is 'stepping down' and leaving France (who still thinks it is superior to British Politics) out in front to deal with the Moslem issue.  Wink

Grin You lot have no idea.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #5 - Sep 6th, 2024 at 7:44pm

Jasin wrote on Sep 6th, 2024 at 6:05pm:
Britain had to 'step up' against Germany (and its Jew issue).

Now Britain is 'stepping down' and leaving France (who still thinks it is superior to British Politics) out in front to deal with the Moslem issue.  Wink

Grin You lot have no idea.

John Bull has descended into the trenches to fight poms who want to tear down the house.

UK has no leadership. The mobs are not defeated because the mob mentality is already transmitted as a social disease into the police, the military, and the public service.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #6 - Sep 6th, 2024 at 7:51pm

The POMs spent 100s of years building up a great empire with a commonwealth of nations and
then they threw it all away to go and eat cheese with the French.
Stuff them.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print