Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
ATSIC honcho guilty of fraud (Read 263 times)
Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
ATSIC honcho guilty of fraud
Sep 5th, 2024 at 6:30am

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/former-atsic-head-geoff-clark-found-gui...

Ya gotta love that business as usual..... cargo cult...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: ATSIC honcho guilty of fraud
Reply #1 - Sep 5th, 2024 at 3:58pm

And we are supposed to believe that "the voice" would have honestly represented the views of aboriginal people, despite being appointed by, paid by, and existing at the whim of the government. Why do we tolerate oppressive communist ghettos for Aborigines that we would not tolerate for any other Australians?

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Sep 5th, 2024 at 4:37pm

freediver wrote on Sep 5th, 2024 at 3:58pm:
And we are supposed to believe that "the voice" would have honestly represented the views of aboriginal people, despite being appointed by, paid by, and existing at the whim of the government. Why do we tolerate oppressive communist ghettos for Aborigines that we would not tolerate for any other Australians?

Because if you offer them a way out of that, they hate you for it, and are told that is oppression of the White Man's Way... and they have the absolute right to free range and carry terror with them all across their land if they wish.  They haven't got used to the idea that this is the land of a lot of other people now.... as I trace my ancestry back it grows longer and longer here.. getting to sixth, making my kids one more, and my grand-kids one more again....

Who's going to tell them they have no rights in their own country of birth?

I see no good coming from this adherence to ancient and worn-out approaches to life.  Maybe they need to be in oppressive communist ghettos for Aborigines and far removed from everyone else, based on far too much behaviour.

Stick around - as time goes by you will see more and more comparisons with HAMAS in Gaza .... same attitudes, same intentions, same results inevitably... up to and including how those of Hamasrigine (Palestigine?  Gazarigine?) descent who have accepted full citizenship as Australis are doing very well while their confreres are living Fourth World.  All that is lacking is the guns.... watch that coastline for landfall from boats carrying arms... I kid you not .... those could be intended for anyone.....

Say you had a fifty foot yacht and someone offered you a few mill in a safe bank somewhere, half up front - to bring in cases of weapons and ammunition..................  land them on a remote spot ......  think of the fun up North then....

« Last Edit: Sep 6th, 2024 at 8:22am by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Sep 6th, 2024 at 2:57pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Sep 5th, 2024 at 6:30am:
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/former-atsic-head-geoff-clark-found-gui...

25 years of fraud ... & out on bail?  Grin

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Sep 6th, 2024 at 2:59pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Sep 5th, 2024 at 4:37pm:
freediver wrote on Sep 5th, 2024 at 3:58pm:

Because if you offer them a way out of that, they hate you for it, and are told that is oppression of the White Man's Way... and they have the absolute right to free range and carry terror with them all across their land if they wish.  They haven't got used to the idea that this is the land of a lot of other people now.... as I trace my ancestry back it grows longer and longer here.. getting to sixth, making my kids one more, and my grand-kids one more again....

Who's going to tell them they have no rights in their own country of birth?

I see no good coming from this adherence to ancient and worn-out approaches to life.  Maybe they need to be in oppressive communist ghettos for Aborigines and far removed from everyone else, based on far too much behaviour.

Stick around - as time goes by you will see more and more comparisons with HAMAS in Gaza .... same attitudes, same intentions, same results inevitably... up to and including how those of Hamasrigine (Palestigine?  Gazarigine?) descent who have accepted full citizenship as Australis are doing very well while their confreres are living Fourth World.  All that is lacking is the guns.... watch that coastline for landfall from boats carrying arms... I kid you not .... those could be intended for anyone.....

Say you had a fifty foot yacht and someone offered you a few mill in a safe bank somewhere, half up front - to bring in cases of weapons and ammunition..................  land them on a remote spot ......  think of the fun up North then....

Been happening for decades with people & drugs... easy step to add weapons & ammo.

Hows this from a few day ago.... Papuans through the Torres Strait Islands to Seisia on the Cape.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-09-04/two-men-charged-possessing-44m-cocaine-ca...

They were bringing in a personal use load for LATRELL.  Grin Grin Grin

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Crocodile Hunter: Origins

Rockhampton
Reply #5 - Sep 6th, 2024 at 10:05pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Sep 5th, 2024 at 6:30am:

You cannot be too harsh upon the man. If Geoff Clark's great-grandmother did not commit fraud against her husband, Geoff Clark would not be involved in ATSIC in the first place.

By the looks of that former organisation, I reckon there were many indigenous grandmothers trying to ensure their children got a role in the administration of ATSIC.

At this stage...
IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Sep 8th, 2024 at 10:53am

How's this one.... the NRL are thinking of hiring this bloke for halftime entertainment for the Grand Final.

Kid Laroi (Charlton Kenneth Jeffrey Howard)  reckons he's Aboriginal.... his great, great grandfather(maternal) was part Aboriginal who was supposedly part of the "Stolen Generations" - see it's plural now - "generations"  Roll Eyes

through his great great grandfafter he claims he is a Gamilaraay (or Kamilaroi) man, from which he derived his artistic name "Laroi".

This bloke is 99% a white man.... & as culturally as Aboriginal as I am.

And a hip hop artist .... like as if I'll be watching hip hop on Grand Final Day.

The NRL continue down the woke road & BS halftime entertainment.

Pity they couldn't bring back Tina Turner (RIP)...

or even Meat Loaf would be better than this bloke  Grin Grin

Picture0098.jpg (20 KB | 2 )
Picture0098.jpg

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Sep 9th, 2024 at 12:16am

Gnads wrote on Sep 8th, 2024 at 10:53am:
How's this one.... the NRL are thinking of hiring this bloke for halftime entertainment for the Grand Final.

Kid Laroi (Charlton Kenneth Jeffrey Howard)  reckons he's Aboriginal.... his great, great grandfather(maternal) was part Aboriginal who was supposedly part of the "Stolen Generations" - see it's plural now - "generations"  Roll Eyes

through his great great grandfafter he claims he is a Gamilaraay (or Kamilaroi) man, from which he derived his artistic name "Laroi".

And a hip hop artist .... like as if I'll be watching hip hop on Grand Final Day.

This kind of BS has to stop now.  I won't be watching rubbish at half-time anyway, or any dopey sheila wailing Advance Australa-a-a-a-aliaaarrrrrrr Fair ...

Knights kicked ass.

― John Adams

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Rockhampton
Reply #8 - Sep 9th, 2024 at 6:04am

I guess that makes me aboriginal, if that guy (Kid Laroi) is aboriginal. But, my family history shows no record of having an aboriginal ancestor.

My parents will have to deal with having an indigenous granddaughter.

At this stage...
IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Sep 9th, 2024 at 8:48am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Sep 9th, 2024 at 12:16am:
Gnads wrote on Sep 8th, 2024 at 10:53am:

This kind of BS has to stop now.  I won't be watching rubbish at half-time anyway, or any dopey sheila wailing Advance Australa-a-a-a-aliaaarrrrrrr Fair ...

Knights kicked ass.

Yeah I took them .... but StGeorge & Manly let me down - 6 out of 8.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Sep 9th, 2024 at 8:49am

UnSubRocky wrote on Sep 9th, 2024 at 6:04am:
I guess that makes me aboriginal, if that guy (Kid Laroi) is aboriginal. But, my family history shows no record of having an aboriginal ancestor.

So how far removed is she from her Aboriginal ancestry with you as her Dad?

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Sep 12th, 2024 at 12:32am

$920,000 ... so it's endemic, entrenched, and persistent.  And that would be the tip of the iceberg with a lot hidden underneath.

Don't mean nothin' - just business as usual and a handshake on the back and off you go, sonny.   Undecided

― John Adams

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Sep 12th, 2024 at 1:09pm

Former senior Indigenous leader Geoff Clark argues he used hundreds of thousands of dollars he stole from Aboriginal organisations not to support a “lavish lifestyle” but to cover some of his personal legal fees including to defend historical allegations of rape.

Clark appeared before County Court Judge Michael O’Connell for a pre-sentencing plea hearing in Melbourne on Wednesday after having been found guilty of stealing almost $1m from Aboriginal organisations in which he was involved.

The 72-year-old was convicted in three secret County Court trials that ran between December 2023 and May 2024 but the convictions were kept secret under suppression orders until they were lifted last week.

Clark, the former chair of the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Commission, stole more than $922,000 from Kirrae Whurrong Community Inc, Maar Land Council and Framlingham Aboriginal Trust over the course of 15 years.
https://www.theaustralian.com.au/nation/indigenous/indigenous-leader-geoff-clark-stole-1m-for-legal-fees-court-hears/news-story/de7d6244b41d4163fcdfb4ce391fa771

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Rockhampton
Reply #13 - Sep 12th, 2024 at 9:46pm

Gnads wrote on Sep 9th, 2024 at 8:49am:
UnSubRocky wrote on Sep 9th, 2024 at 6:04am:

So how far removed is she from her Aboriginal ancestry with you as her Dad?

1/8th indigenous.

At this stage...
IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Sep 13th, 2024 at 12:41pm

Oh - so it wasn't stealing - it was just used for his defence fees over being accused of another crime... well - that makes it right then, eh?  African Chief Style.

― John Adams

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print