Send Topic Print
Albo is a one term PM (Read 358 times)
Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Albo is a one term PM
Sep 9th, 2024 at 1:58pm

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13825327/poll-trouble-Anthony-Albanese-...

Anthony Albanese is delivered a wakeup call as poll reveals
the key battleground states turning against the PM

Labor's primary vote crashes in eastern states
    It is down to just 24 per cent in Queensland
    READ MORE: Labor's catastrophic stuff-up over tax law proves they are the amateur hour party

By Padraig Collins For Daily Mail Australia

Published: 09:45 AEST, 8 September 2024

Anthony Albanese could be on track to being a one-term Prime Minister,
with a new poll showing Labor's primary vote crashing in three major states.

The federal government is in serious trouble in the eastern states - where most of the seats are - with Labor down to 24 per cent in Queensland, 28 in Victoria and 32 in NSW.

On a two-party-preferred basis, Labor is being trounced 57-43 by the Coalition in Queensland, it's behind 52-48 in Victoria and in NSW it's tied 50-50 - all of which is good news for Opposition leader Peter Dutton.

There is one major reason the government is stuck in a rut with an election due within eight months - cost of living pressures.

The online poll for News Ltd, which canvassed the views of 10,239 voters, followed the latest quarterly national accounts figures, which showed households cutting back their spending as they deal with inflation and high interest rates.

People taking part in the survey left comments which made it clear they were struggling.

'The price of things like food and fuel just keeps going up and up,' one said.

Another added: 'It's getting tough to make ends meet. Rates are staying high, but wages aren't rising.'

Nationally, the poll found that Labor's primary vote is just 29 per cent, while the Coalition is on 36 per cent.

Preference flow from Greens voters and others means Labor still leads the Coalition by 51 to 49 on a two party preferred basis - which could lead to one side or the other forming a minority government, rather than winning outright.

Pollster Yaron Finkelstein said voters wanted Mr Albanese and his colleagues to focus on the cost of living, housing and the economy.

'Labor scraped into office in 2022 on a historically low primary vote, so they can't afford to go backwards like this,' he told News Ltd.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Re: Albo is a one term PM
Reply #1 - Sep 9th, 2024 at 2:28pm

I hope this article is correct and Albo gets kicked out -

he has ruined Australia.

IP Logged

Daves2017
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Sep 9th, 2024 at 10:35pm

I think he “may” be able to survive and form a minority government with the greens in control.

Basically even worse than what we had under Rudd/ Gillard/Rudd/Bob brown

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #3 - Sep 10th, 2024 at 12:26am

Well - he sank the ship with his Voice nonsense... pure violation of the democratic way and one that only a true Neo-Nazi Stalinist could entertain... then the holes kept being shot in the hull by the states taking over and pushing the little bits of the voice one at a time without the permission of the voting public -  and nobody truly believes that's just the Labor states when they are all in collusion on their Manifesto and Agenda.

I doubt any of them will survive... despite John Smith's ages-old comment that the Australian voter is never likely to vote in one party at both Federal and State level.... this one could be the watershed for Labor I predicted it would be .... same as I predicted the Abbott circus would be a watershed.

As long as Australian politics and government and their understanding of their rights and their DUTIES all get a boost into reality.  They are NOT petty dictators, neo-Feudal lords and ladies entitled to do as they choose and hand out the goodies to those they choose, like that 'governor-general' spot etc to another old mate - they are our servants and we will prevail.

All in all, it's going to be an interesting twelve months..... and time to launch our own party to properly oppose the entrenched looters and grifters.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Sep 10th, 2024 at 12:29am

Daves2017 wrote on Sep 9th, 2024 at 10:35pm:
I think he “may” be able to survive and form a minority government with the greens in control.

**gags** not the Greens.....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Armchair_Politician
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Sep 11th, 2024 at 10:29am

Bobby. wrote on Sep 9th, 2024 at 2:28pm:

he has ruined Australia.

One of the few good things he's done is to not scrap the AUKUS agreement. I was really concerned that he would kill it, given Labor's hatred of anything that even mentions the word nuclear.

Scott Morrison DID wipe the floor with Bull Shitten!!! Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Armchair_Politician
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Sep 11th, 2024 at 10:30am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Sep 10th, 2024 at 12:29am:
Daves2017 wrote on Sep 9th, 2024 at 10:35pm:

**gags** not the Greens.....

The lunatic Greens should never again be allowed to share power with the government of the day. They belong on the deep outer fringes of politics where people can laugh at their absurd policies without worrying they'll have any impact on the country.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #7 - Sep 11th, 2024 at 10:34am

Armchair_Politician wrote on Sep 11th, 2024 at 10:29am:
Bobby. wrote on Sep 9th, 2024 at 2:28pm:

he has ruined Australia.

One of the few good things he's done is to not scrap the AUKUS agreement. I was really concerned that he would kill it, given Labor's hatred of anything that even mentions the word nuclear.

AUKUS is great if you want to pay 9 times the correct price for the subs.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #8 - Sep 11th, 2024 at 5:03pm

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #9 - Sep 11th, 2024 at 8:05pm

Quote:
Albo is a one term PM

Possible but not good for Australia. The worst Labor PM is better than the best Liberal PM. Mr Potato head isn't up to the job, not even close.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #10 - Sep 11th, 2024 at 8:25pm

Dnarever wrote on Sep 11th, 2024 at 8:05pm:
Quote:
Albo is a one term PM

Possible but not good for Australia. The worst Labor PM is better than the best Liberal PM. Mr Potato head isn't up to the job, not even close.

Dutton would be better than that lisping Albo.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Sep 11th, 2024 at 9:40pm

Imperial Lefties Ship Albo

Kirishima_009.jpg (20 KB | 3 )
Kirishima_009.jpg

― John Adams

IP Logged

Armchair_Politician
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Sep 12th, 2024 at 1:43pm

Dnarever wrote on Sep 11th, 2024 at 8:05pm:
Quote:
Albo is a one term PM

The two worst Prime Ministers that I've seen in my lifetime are both from the ALP. They are Kevin Rudd and Julia Gillard. I didn't care much for the decision by Tony Abbott to reinstate Knighthoods - that was a bit stupid. The best PM in my lifetime was John Howard. It's no wonder he is Australia's second-longest serving PM. Some of his best policies were the GST, the new gun laws and helping East Timor to become independent from Indonesia. Australia hasn't been as prosperous at any time since he was PM and Rudd pissed away the surplus and zero debt Howard left behind.

IP Logged

whiteknight
Gold Member

Australian Politics

melbourne
Reply #13 - Sep 12th, 2024 at 7:29pm

The Howard government have had their time.  Now they are where they belong. In the rubbish bin of history, with their work choices.   Sad

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #14 - Sep 12th, 2024 at 7:39pm

whiteknight wrote on Sep 12th, 2024 at 7:29pm:
The Howard government have had their time.
Now they are where they belong. In the rubbish bin of history, with their work choices.   Sad

Hi sir Crook,

the fact is we've had one arsehole after another -

none of them were any good.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print