No    
  8 (72.7%)
I'm not sure    
  0 (0.0%)

Total votes: 11
« Created by: Bobby. on: Sep 11th, 2024 at 4:56pm »

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13
Send Topic Print
The Debate predictions (Read 1645 times)
MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: The Debate predictions
Reply #135 - Sep 11th, 2024 at 5:09pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Sep 11th, 2024 at 5:04pm:
MeisterEckhart wrote on Sep 11th, 2024 at 5:01pm:
MeisterEckhart wrote on Sep 11th, 2024 at 4:12pm:
SadKangaroo wrote on Sep 11th, 2024 at 4:07pm:
MeisterEckhart wrote on Sep 11th, 2024 at 4:05pm:
mothra wrote on Sep 11th, 2024 at 3:37pm:
Biden stood down for the sake of his party and the country. He put other needs before his own.

You can be sure he didn't stand down voluntarily.

Biden himself hinted at this when he commented in his stepping-down speech, "I believe my record as president, my leadership in the world, my vision for America's future, all merited a second term".

The Democrats' mega-donors had him stood down, or they'd pull their funding.

If it was his choice it was only because he didn't have one.

It's terrible what they did to him, but at the end of the day, after the debate we just saw, I think even he would accept that it was the right thing to do.

There should be a congressional inquiry into the cover-up of Biden's incapacity to be president. The 25th Amendment was intended to deal with this issue.

And there's still another 2 months left of Biden's presidency.

Four months.

Harris takes over in January.

It won't matter after the election.

Harris could legally act as President, (or be sworn in as president), if Biden is incapacitated or dead, anytime after the election and before Jan 21.

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #136 - Sep 11th, 2024 at 6:18pm

Why doesn't dimwit Kamala give the voters today what she is promising after the election ? What's stopping her ? Standing at her debating podium with her sh.t eating grin is not very convincing Cheesy LOL

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #137 - Sep 11th, 2024 at 6:21pm

Sir lastnail wrote on Sep 11th, 2024 at 6:18pm:
Why doesn't dimwit Kamala give the voters today what she is promising after the election ? What's stopping her ? Standing at her debating podium with her sh.t eating grin is not very convincing Cheesy LOL

She's all talk - she had 3.5 years as Trump said - and she did SFA.

IP Logged

Armchair_Politician
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #138 - Sep 11th, 2024 at 6:27pm

Bobby. wrote on Sep 11th, 2024 at 4:34pm:
Trump aced it.

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/c9wjn8py59jt

Trump criticised Harris's record on immigration and the border, and also her shifting policy positions -
Harris blamed him for "Trump abortion bans" and for the 6 January attacks on the US Capitol

Snap polls suggest Harris won the debate, but Trump says afterwards that she "lost very badly"

'All I do is tell the truth': Trump speaks to media post-debate
published at 07:02 British Summer Time

07:02 BST

As our North America editor Sarah Smith just reported, Donald Trump spoke to the media after the 90-minute debate ended.

Watch below for his thoughts on the moderators, a second debate, and if migrants are eating dogs in Springfield, Ohio, as he claimed.

Trump aced nothing. He did not answer a single question. He merely used up his allotted time by regurgitating debunked lies and conspiracy theories. When that didn't work, he argued with and talked over both moderators. He just looked like an angry old man and behaved that way all through the debate. He was asked point-blank how he would end the Ukraine war, as he's claimed he would be able to do within 24 hours of becoming President. His answer - a nonsensical rant full of lies and conspiracy theories in which he did not even come close to answering the question. He was asked point-blank what his plan was to replace Obamacare. His answer - more lies and conspiracy theories about how the Democrats are bad and he was the greatest President in the history of the country. But the moderators held him to this one and he admitted on camera he has no plan, despite saying countless times in interviews and at campaign rallies that he has a plan. The truth is he has nothing and he offered absolutely nothing tonight. He looked and sounded like a stark raving mad lunatic who escaped the asylum and is off his meds. Harris ran rings around him during the debate and won convincingly. It was as bad or worse for Trump in that debate as it was for Biden in the first debate. Trump lost HUGE!

Scott Morrison DID wipe the floor with Bull Shitten!!! Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #139 - Sep 11th, 2024 at 6:29pm

Bobby. wrote on Sep 11th, 2024 at 6:21pm:

You need to read up on the powers (or the lack thereof) of a US vice president.

They're usually kept in the dark and fed bullshit. Very few get to do anything other than preside over the Senate.

Dick Cheney as a VP was one of the very few who was given power by a president.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #140 - Sep 11th, 2024 at 6:31pm

MeisterEckhart wrote on Sep 11th, 2024 at 6:29pm:

They're usually kept in the dark and fed bullshit. Very few get to do anything other than preside over the Senate.

So what HAS she done for 4 years that enables her to claim the reins?

Other than remaining coloured and female?

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #141 - Sep 11th, 2024 at 6:34pm

Armchair - Harris never answered the first question.
    Angry

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/harris-trump-presidential-debate-transcript/stor...

DAVID MUIR
Quote:
When it comes to the economy, do you believe Americans are better off than they were four years ago?

VICE PRESIDENT KAMALA HARRIS:
Quote:
So, I was raised as a middle-class kid. And I am actually the only person on this stage who has a plan that is about lifting up the middle class and working people of America. I believe in the ambition, the aspirations, the dreams of the American people. And that is why I imagine and have actually a plan to build what I call an opportunity economy. Because here's the thing. We know that we have a shortage of homes and housing, and the cost of housing is too expensive for far too many people. We know that young families need support to raise their children. And I intend on extending a tax cut for those families of $6,000, which is the largest child tax credit that we have given in a long time. So that those young families can afford to buy a crib, buy a car seat, buy clothes for their children. My passion, one of them, is small businesses. I was actually -- my mother raised my sister and me but there was a woman who helped raise us. We call her our second mother. She was a small business owner. I love our small businesses. My plan is to give a $50,000 tax deduction to start-up small businesses, knowing they are part of the backbone of America's economy. My opponent, on the other hand, his plan is to do what he has done before, which is to provide a tax cut for billionaires and big corporations, which will result in $5 trillion to America's deficit. My opponent has a plan that I call the Trump sales tax, which would be a 20% tax on everyday goods that you rely on to get through the month. Economists have said that Trump's sales tax would actually result for middle-class families in about $4,000 more a year because of his policies and his ideas about what should be the backs of middle-class people paying for tax cuts for billionaires.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #142 - Sep 11th, 2024 at 6:50pm

Bobby. wrote on Sep 11th, 2024 at 6:34pm:
Armchair - Harris never answered the first question.

Trump didn't answer any questions.

And, he's a rapist and convicted felon.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #143 - Sep 11th, 2024 at 6:51pm

Frank wrote on Sep 11th, 2024 at 3:53pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Sep 11th, 2024 at 1:22pm:
Frank wrote on Sep 11th, 2024 at 1:15pm:
Cry Cry

Mustn't laff at the coloured lady!  Angry Angry   Cry Cry Cry

Mother didn't mention colour, dear boy. Quick question if we may:

Are you a racist?

A simple yes or no will suffice.

This is your usually stupid and lazy, moronically simplistic trope.

Do I believe that Haiti is a hellhole and, say, Singapore isn't? Absolutely.
Do I think it has to do with the people inhabiting those countries, their values and culture? Absolutely.
Do I notice that Haitian are Africans and Singaporeans aren't. Everyone does.
Would Singapore be still a successful island nation if it's population was replaced by Haitians. Of course not. It would turn into a hellhole.

Are there admirable, successful, exemplary persons of African origin. Of course, many.  Is that because of their race or because of their culture and values. Obviously the latter.

Sorry, dear boy, is your question and answer session a denial that you're racist?

Now that you've got that off your chest, would you like to state your answer?

Nice, loud voice for the leftards, please.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #144 - Sep 11th, 2024 at 6:53pm

Frank wrote on Sep 11th, 2024 at 6:31pm:
MeisterEckhart wrote on Sep 11th, 2024 at 6:29pm:

So what HAS she done for 4 years that enables her to claim the reins?

She hasn't claimed the reigns.

She's still the VP and Biden is still POTUS.

She'll face an election in November - we'll see then if she claims the reigns.

You really don't know how the US political system works, do you?

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #145 - Sep 11th, 2024 at 7:08pm

mothra wrote on Sep 11th, 2024 at 12:38pm:
Anyone denying that he is nothing more than a raving lunatic at this point is clearly one also.

That's what passes for reasoning on the left. They are now channeling Bushitler! You are with us or you are a lunatic!

A Bbwianesque yawn with words. Just as vacuous, just as dumb.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #146 - Sep 11th, 2024 at 7:19pm

Bobby. wrote on Sep 11th, 2024 at 5:01pm:
SadKangaroo wrote on Sep 11th, 2024 at 4:53pm:
Trump aced it.

You realise "aced it" means he made no mistakes, he had a perfect score.

Did you not watch the debate?

He clearly didn't ace it.

he aced it.

Your IQ is lower than I thought.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #147 - Sep 11th, 2024 at 7:19pm

Armchair_Politician wrote on Sep 11th, 2024 at 6:27pm:
Trump aced it.

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/c9wjn8py59jt

Trump criticised Harris's record on immigration and the border, and also her shifting policy positions -
Harris blamed him for "Trump abortion bans" and for the 6 January attacks on the US Capitol

Snap polls suggest Harris won the debate, but Trump says afterwards that she "lost very badly"

'All I do is tell the truth': Trump speaks to media post-debate
published at 07:02 British Summer Time

07:02 BST

As our North America editor Sarah Smith just reported, Donald Trump spoke to the media after the 90-minute debate ended.

Watch below for his thoughts on the moderators, a second debate, and if migrants are eating dogs in Springfield, Ohio, as he claimed.

Trump aced nothing. He did not answer a single question. He merely used up his allotted time by regurgitating debunked lies and conspiracy theories. When that didn't work, he argued with and talked over both moderators. He just looked like an angry old man and behaved that way all through the debate. He was asked point-blank how he would end the Ukraine war, as he's claimed he would be able to do within 24 hours of becoming President. His answer - a nonsensical rant full of lies and conspiracy theories in which he did not even come close to answering the question. He was asked point-blank what his plan was to replace Obamacare. His answer - more lies and conspiracy theories about how the Democrats are bad and he was the greatest President in the history of the country. But the moderators held him to this one and he admitted on camera he has no plan, despite saying countless times in interviews and at campaign rallies that he has a plan. The truth is he has nothing and he offered absolutely nothing tonight. He looked and sounded like a stark raving mad lunatic who escaped the asylum and is off his meds. Harris ran rings around him during the debate and won convincingly. It was as bad or worse for Trump in that debate as it was for Biden in the first debate. Trump lost HUGE!

That's true, Armchair, but fair's fair, dear. We need to take his advanced age into account. He's the oldest person ever to run for prez.

That's some achievement, no? When this election's done, the history books will show the big fella fluked an electoral college victory in 2016, then lost two elections to become the most unpopular candidate ever to be nominated by a major political party.

After that, history will record his sentence in November to two years jail in Manhattan Correctional Centre, with a minimum time for parole set at 18 months, as long as he accepts the jury's findings and shows due remorse for his crimes.

Merchan delayed his sentence for good reason. The New York Criminal Courts want the big fella safe and sound, fresh from his election loss and freed from any constitutional obligations to serve the American people as their 47th prez.

He'll need to serve them in another capacity - as a prisoner with an inmate number yet to be determined by the New York Department of Corrections.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #148 - Sep 11th, 2024 at 7:25pm

SadKangaroo wrote on Sep 11th, 2024 at 7:19pm:
Trump aced it.

he aced it.

That's the fallacy of argumentum ad hominem.

https://www.ozpolitic.com/articles/logical-fallacies.html#ad%20hominem

ad hominem

"You are an idiot, therefore you are wrong."

An ad hominem (short for argumentum ad hominem) is a personal attack. It is by far the most common logical fallacy encountered in online forums. It carries the assumption that by discrediting your opponent, you are also discrediting their argument. However, this would lead to the absurd situation that an argument is correct if one person uses it, and false if another uses it. Inexperienced debaters often fall for this and feel the need to defend their reputation against a troll, otherwise it will invalidate the point they are trying to make in the eyes of others.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #149 - Sep 11th, 2024 at 7:26pm

SadKangaroo wrote on Sep 11th, 2024 at 7:19pm:
Trump aced it.

he aced it.

Very low IQ, I'm afraid. Bobby would struggle passing the big fella's Alzheimer's test.

Man, woman, camera - oh, what was it again?

Cock?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13
Send Topic Print