Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Labors MAD Orwellian Ministry of Truth bill (Read 608 times)
Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Labors MAD Orwellian Ministry of Truth bill
Sep 12th, 2024 at 9:14pm

Labor introduced a bill which makes them the ministry of truth.

Quote:
'Attack on our freedoms': Government's revised online misinformation bill slammed as ‘chilling assault’ on free speech

Labor's new online misinformation bill has been slammed as a "chilling assault" on freedom of speech, with critics claiming the government's definition of "serious harm" could capture "any difference of opinion".

Communications Minister Michelle Rowland introduced the legislation to Parliament on Thursday, claiming misinformation and disinformation pose a “serious threat” to Australian’s  “safety and wellbeing” as well as “our democracy, society and economy”.

The Albanese government was forced to abandon a previous draft version of the laws after they were widely condemned by everyone from media organisations and tech companies to civil liberties groups and even the Australian Human Rights Commission.

But critics are already lining up to attack the bill, with the Institute of Public Affairs describing the legislation as “the single biggest attack on freedom of speech in Australia’s peacetime history”.

“Misinformation legislation introduced into federal parliament today represents a chilling assault on every Australian’s right to free speech. The new Bill broadens provisions to censor speech, which even the government’s fatally flawed first draft did not include,” said John Storey, the Director of Law and Policy at the IPA.

Free Speech Union of Australia also slammed the legislation, telling  SkyNews.com.au the legislation was an “attack on our freedoms”.

“Despite the outpouring of public concern last time around, the Government has still failed to address the key issues with it,” Free Speech Union of Australia Co-Director Dr Reuben Kirkham said.

While the bill would also create an “unelected and unaccountable star chamber bureaucracy” with the power to launch investigations and hearings to ensure compliance with censorship guidelines.

More here- https://www.skynews.com.au/australia-news/politics/attack-on-our-freedoms-govern...

Their misinformation and disinformation bill should be called MAD.

orwell_dm.jpg (219 KB | 4 )
orwell_dm.jpg

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Labors MAD Orwellian Ministry of Truth bill
Reply #1 - Sep 12th, 2024 at 9:58pm

Any leftists want to comment on this censorship attempt from Labor?

Once upon a time leftists opposed this MAD crap from governments today they have become full blown commies.

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Sep 12th, 2024 at 10:10pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Sep 12th, 2024 at 9:58pm:
Any leftists want to comment on this censorship attempt from Labor?

Once upon a time leftists opposed this MAD crap from governments today they have become full blown commies.

Indeed.

Why is that?

If something like this was introduced by Liberals, Labour in the UK, Republicans in the US, the pwoggy left would be livid, shrill and indignant.
When pwogs do it, the pwogs nod and acquiesce demurely.

The way to resize an image is

« Last Edit: Sep 12th, 2024 at 10:16pm by Frank »  

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #3 - Sep 13th, 2024 at 12:22am

What's amazing about all this social movement these days, is that those who claim to be 'supporting' 'leftist' causes - the causes of 'feelings' and 'empathy'.... are all too often the Proto-Fascists who demand that Der Schtaat take over everything and command everyone ELSE to abide by whatever 'rules' they think they are entitled to demand.... i.e. the demand that the State create laws to uphold their ideas over the top of any and all others = Ultimate Fascism.

I've long detailed for yez all that this STYLE of government is no different in reality, whether it is 'left' or 'right' - one claiming to be a soft smarmy luvvah of the people while assuming absolute power.... the other claiming to offer 'strong guidance' from above (what's good for the boss is good for everyone)....

BOTH want to assume absolute power and control - and only the blind could not see that this has occurred over the past fifty years or so, with all this 'social change' madness that has swept the feet from under the West.... where the tolerant and accepting West now accepts anything as 'normal' - and then enforced that as a 'normality' over the top of all others.... and all while saying they are 'protecting minorities' and so forth, and thus 'creating everyone as equals'....

No - all they are doing is reducing under despotism those who actually know the difference, and who speak out against it, and who actually have the best interests of EVERYONE EQUALLY at heart.

Be advised - I sometimes say of my mad older brother that he 'had the best interest of his siblings at heart' ..... but his actual performance on the ground was that he was heartless in his puerile and futile attempts to dominate his siblings (struggling for his share of the loaf of bread we were lucky to live on - and like every asshole in history - making out he was doing it for the best good of all - look around you)....

You see - in my dysfunctional family I had great teachers... and one lesson I KNOW is how to look through what people say and only judge by what they do.....

Welcome to Reality!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Sep 13th, 2024 at 8:38am

Is sky upset they won't be able to make crap up anymore? Grin Grin

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #5 - Sep 13th, 2024 at 8:43am

1984  George Orwell

https://www.abhafoundation.org/assets/books/html/1984/139.html

The alteration of the past is necessary for two reasons, one of which is subsidiary and, so to speak, precautionary. The subsidiary reason is that the Party member, like the proletarian, tolerates present-day conditions partly because he has no standards of comparison. He must be cut off from the past, just as he must be cut off from foreign countries, because it is necessary for him to believe that he is better off than his ancestors and that the average level of material comfort is constantly rising. But by far the more important reason for the readjustment of the past is the need to safeguard the infallibility of the Party. It is not merely that speeches, statistics, and records of every kind must be constantly brought up to date in order to show that the predictions of the Party were in all cases right. It is also that no change in doctrine or in political alignment can ever be admitted. For to change one's mind, or even one's policy, is a confession of weakness. If, for example, Eurasia or Eastasia (whichever it may be) is the enemy today, then that country must always have been the enemy. And if the facts say otherwise then the facts must be altered. Thus history is continuously rewritten. This day-to-day falsification of the past, carried out by the Ministry of Truth, is as necessary to the stability of the regime as the work of repression and espionage carried out by the Ministry of Love.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #6 - Sep 13th, 2024 at 9:39am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Sep 13th, 2024 at 12:22am:

What's amazing about all this social movement these days, is that those who claim to be 'supporting' 'leftist' causes - the causes of 'feelings' and 'empathy'.... are all too often the Proto-Fascists who demand that Der Schtaat take over everything and command everyone ELSE to abide by whatever 'rules' they think they are entitled to demand.... i.e. the demand that the State create laws to uphold their ideas over the top of any and all others = Ultimate Fascism........

.........You see - in my dysfunctional family I had great teachers... and one lesson I KNOW is how to look through what people say and only judge by what they do.....

Welcome to Reality!

Grappler,

Good post.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #7 - Sep 14th, 2024 at 9:18pm

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #8 - Sep 14th, 2024 at 9:21pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 14th, 2024 at 9:18pm:

You should stop your niece from posting for you.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #9 - Sep 14th, 2024 at 9:51pm

Yadda wrote on Sep 13th, 2024 at 9:39am:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Sep 13th, 2024 at 12:22am:

What's amazing about all this social movement these days, is that those who claim to be 'supporting' 'leftist' causes - the causes of 'feelings' and 'empathy'.... are all too often the Proto-Fascists who demand that Der Schtaat take over everything and command everyone ELSE to abide by whatever 'rules' they think they are entitled to demand.... i.e. the demand that the State create laws to uphold their ideas over the top of any and all others = Ultimate Fascism........

.........You see - in my dysfunctional family I had great teachers... and one lesson I KNOW is how to look through what people say and only judge by what they do.....

Welcome to Reality!

Grappler,

Good post.

Don't tell Mothra, Leftie in his new disguise, Skanka or PillPerth ... even Bwyan might think it can't possibly be a valid view coming from me...

Most people outside this mental asylum think my views are the bee's knees... but then - I don't have to poke at them or rattle their cages over their screeching that I am a racist or whatever... I can just state simple truths.

This has got to be the best fighting their bull gif I've come across... who put that speeding truck behind that cape:-

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Sep 16th, 2024 at 5:27pm

John Smith wrote on Sep 13th, 2024 at 8:38am:
Is sky upset they won't be able to make crap up anymore? Grin Grin

You will be upset when AnAl gets booted out and you can't call Dutton a liar.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Sep 16th, 2024 at 5:27pm

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Sep 16th, 2024 at 5:29pm

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Sep 16th, 2024 at 5:30pm

rb_dutton_mad.png (238 KB | 1 )
rb_dutton_mad.png

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #14 - Sep 16th, 2024 at 5:33pm

Most people know when something is bullshit but they are entitled to decide what they believe based on their own opinions....Media companies could just flag anything they believe is missinformation and let people decide from there....This sounds like something a Communist country would do to control the information the people can receive....It is a load of crap and should be dumped!!!

Huh Huh Huh

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print