Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 23
Send Topic Print
New assassination attempt on Trump (Read 3361 times)
Armchair_Politician
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: New assassination attempt on Trump
Reply #75 - Sep 16th, 2024 at 11:48am

mothra wrote on Sep 16th, 2024 at 11:44am:
Armchair_Politician wrote on Sep 16th, 2024 at 11:39am:
SadKangaroo wrote on Sep 16th, 2024 at 11:05am:
tallowood wrote on Sep 16th, 2024 at 10:22am:

Fox just reported the following,

Just in: Trump assassin has been identified as 58 year old Ryan routh. Routh is a registered republican from Hawaii who has a history of mental illness. Routh flew in from Hawaii to west palm beach and purchased the ak47 and full body armor that he was wearing during the assassination attempt.

I've only seen this from Fox, still trying to find out more.

More proof (as if any were needed) that background checks are necessary before anyone is allowed to buy a gun and/or ammunition in the United States. That this guy had a history of mental illness and was legally able to purchase this weapon and ammunition and almost murder a presidential candidate says all that needs to be said that is wrong with gun laws in America. You can't even buy body armour here in Australia, much less an AK-47.

It's astonishing, isn't it. Time after time i'm left gobsmacked at US gun laws ... and the bodies of children pile up.

I just don't get it.

You would think that law abiding gun owners would want background checks to be carried out so they don't have to worry about a literal lunatic buying a gun legally and shooting kids at a school because they're off their meds and think Satan told them to do it. But no - any talk of even considering common sense gun laws and the NRA goes on the attack claiming the government is coming for your guns. It's just nuts, absolute nuts.

Scott Morrison DID wipe the floor with Bull Shitten!!! Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #76 - Sep 16th, 2024 at 11:51am

Armchair_Politician wrote on Sep 16th, 2024 at 11:48am:
mothra wrote on Sep 16th, 2024 at 11:44am:
Armchair_Politician wrote on Sep 16th, 2024 at 11:39am:

Just in: Trump assassin has been identified as 58 year old Ryan routh. Routh is a registered republican from Hawaii who has a history of mental illness. Routh flew in from Hawaii to west palm beach and purchased the ak47 and full body armor that he was wearing during the assassination attempt.

More proof (as if any were needed) that background checks are necessary before anyone is allowed to buy a gun and/or ammunition in the United States. That this guy had a history of mental illness and was legally able to purchase this weapon and ammunition and almost murder a presidential candidate says all that needs to be said that is wrong with gun laws in America. You can't even buy body armour here in Australia, much less an AK-47.

It's astonishing, isn't it. Time after time i'm left gobsmacked at US gun laws ... and the bodies of children pile up.

I just don't get it.

You would think that law abiding gun owners would want background checks to be carried out so they don't have to worry about a literal lunatic buying a gun legally and shooting kids at a school because they're off their meds and think Satan told them to do it. But no - any talk of even considering common sense gun laws and the NRA goes on the attack claiming the government is coming for your guns. It's just nuts, absolute nuts.

And the founding fathers never had assault rifles in consideration.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #77 - Sep 16th, 2024 at 11:54am

SadKangaroo wrote on Sep 16th, 2024 at 11:22am:
greggerypeccary wrote on Sep 16th, 2024 at 11:08am:

So, if true - and why would Fox lie (lol) - 100% of the alleged assassination attempts on the orange rapist have been carried out by Republicans.

I think the GOP might be trying to tell him something.

To be fair, they seem to be registered Republicans who have become utterly disillusioned with Trump's conduct and no longer align with him or the Republican Party.

What's that phrase often invoked when discussing Haitian immigrants?

'You can take the man out of the Republican Party, but you can't take the Republican Party out of the man.'

Naturally, they still identify as staunch advocates of the right to bear arms, justifying it as a means to resist tyrannical governments. Ironically, they now perceive Trump as the embodiment of such tyranny following the disillusionment of his first term.

I sincerely hope this trend is not normalised and integrated into everyday political discourse, much like the tragic normalisation of school shootings and the loss of innocent lives.

Trump is now the target of the monster he helped to create.

Thoughts & prayers.

IP Logged

Armchair_Politician
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #78 - Sep 16th, 2024 at 12:05pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Sep 16th, 2024 at 11:54am:

So, if true - and why would Fox lie (lol) - 100% of the alleged assassination attempts on the orange rapist have been carried out by Republicans.

To be fair, they seem to be registered Republicans who have become utterly disillusioned with Trump's conduct and no longer align with him or the Republican Party.

'You can take the man out of the Republican Party, but you can't take the Republican Party out of the man.'

Naturally, they still identify as staunch advocates of the right to bear arms, justifying it as a means to resist tyrannical governments. Ironically, they now perceive Trump as the embodiment of such tyranny following the disillusionment of his first term.

I sincerely hope this trend is not normalised and integrated into everyday political discourse, much like the tragic normalisation of school shootings and the loss of innocent lives.

Thoughts & prayers.

I feel sorry for the Secret Service agents assigned to protect him. They're the ones who have to put their lives on the line, quite literally in the line of fire to protect him, as a result of his repugnant, violent stupidity.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #79 - Sep 16th, 2024 at 12:06pm

Armchair_Politician wrote on Sep 16th, 2024 at 12:05pm:

Thoughts & prayers.

I feel sorry for the Secret Service agents assigned to protect him. They're the ones who have to put their lives on the line, quite literally in the line of fire to protect him, as a result of his repugnant, violent stupidity.

Agreed.

I suspect there'll be some resignations in the near future.

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #80 - Sep 16th, 2024 at 12:13pm

This boke is allowed to walk into a gun shop and purchase an AK47 and full body armor without any questions being asked....When will Americans accept that so many guns are a problem when they are used to murder so many innocent people....The Yanks will do nothing to restrict or check anyone who wants a gun can purchase one with little or no oversight....Stupidity!!!

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

Armchair_Politician
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #81 - Sep 16th, 2024 at 12:13pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Sep 16th, 2024 at 12:06pm:
Armchair_Politician wrote on Sep 16th, 2024 at 12:05pm:

Thoughts & prayers.

Agreed.

I suspect there'll be some resignations in the near future.

I'm sure there are some agents who admire and who would vote for Trump. But I have to take my hat off to those who despise him and yet do their utmost to keep him safe, doing their duty no matter what they feel about Trump and his politics. Such a shame that Trumps' rhetoric seems to be feeding these attempts on his own life and putting these fine men and women in the firing line each day.

IP Logged

Armchair_Politician
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #82 - Sep 16th, 2024 at 12:15pm

philperth2010 wrote on Sep 16th, 2024 at 12:13pm:
This boke is allowed to walk into a gun shop and purchase an AK47 and full body armor without any questions being asked....When will Americans accept that so many guns are a problem when they are used to murder so many innocent people....The Yanks will do nothing to restrict or check anyone who wants a gun can purchase one with little or no oversight....Stupidity!!!

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Obama owned this guy with the best possible answer to his question on why "good" gun owners should face any kind of restrictions or background checks...

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #83 - Sep 16th, 2024 at 12:19pm

Armchair_Politician wrote on Sep 16th, 2024 at 7:13am:
Well, when the orange rapist talks about violence so much, is it any wonder?

isnt that called

"victim blaming"

IP Logged

tallowood
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #84 - Sep 16th, 2024 at 12:20pm

Quote:

They could not find any other job?

Reality is a figment of imagination

IP Logged

Sir Eoin O Fada
Gold Member

Australian Politics

New England, NSW
Reply #85 - Sep 16th, 2024 at 12:22pm

What ya’all gonna do when there ain’t no Trump?

Self defence is a right.

IP Logged

Armchair_Politician
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #86 - Sep 16th, 2024 at 12:26pm

tallowood wrote on Sep 16th, 2024 at 12:20pm:
Quote:

They could not find any other job?

Why should/would they? Do you know how much work they put in to get to that role? For them, it's not about the person, it's about the position they hold and their own duty to service no matter who they're protecting. That's highly admirable in my opinion.

IP Logged

Armchair_Politician
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #87 - Sep 16th, 2024 at 12:27pm

aquascoot wrote on Sep 16th, 2024 at 12:19pm:
Armchair_Politician wrote on Sep 16th, 2024 at 7:13am:
Well, when the orange rapist talks about violence so much, is it any wonder?

isnt that called

"victim blaming"

No. It's calling a spade a spade.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #88 - Sep 16th, 2024 at 12:27pm

Lee Harvey Oswald where are you when your country needs you?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Armchair_Politician
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #89 - Sep 16th, 2024 at 12:30pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 16th, 2024 at 12:27pm:
Lee Harvey Oswald where are you when your country needs you?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

That's not the way to deal with Trump. I do hope, however, that if he loses in November, he just goes away and is never heard from again. Maybe he can reboot The Apprentice? But for the sake of American politics and the Republican party, he needs to leave politics completely. Sadly, however, I don't see that happening. His ego is too great and he enjoys wielding this relatively new-found influence over the Republicans too much to give it up.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 23
Send Topic Print