Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Aussie gym bans cameras (Read 64 times)
Armchair_Politician
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Aussie gym bans cameras
Sep 18th, 2024 at 11:41am

A popular gym here in Australia has banned cameras, leading to other bans around the world. Good! Are you there to video yourself or to work out and get fit? If you want to do videos, buy gym equipment and make all the videos you want to at home. Honestly, I'm sick and tired of women complaining about being looked at while at the gym but they post videos of themselves on social media at the gym wearing figure-hugging, revealing outfits in suggestive poses/angles! I don't want to be in the background of your stupid TikTok video. If you want to go to the gym to get fit then fine, but don't use the gym to try to boost your social media following. I think it should be illegal to use cameras/phones to record in a gym - period.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/fitness/exercise/aussie-gyms-controversial-rul...

Scott Morrison DID wipe the floor with Bull Shitten!!! Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

tallowood
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Aussie gym bans cameras
Reply #1 - Sep 18th, 2024 at 12:08pm

I think there were bans on taking photos in swimming pools and children sport events few years back. User Uncanny discussed them here if I remember right.

Reality is a figment of imagination

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton
Re: Aussie gym bans cameras
Reply #2 - Sep 18th, 2024 at 3:01pm

tallowood wrote on Sep 18th, 2024 at 12:08pm:
I think there were bans on taking photos in swimming pools and children sport events few years back. User Uncanny discussed them here if I remember right.

If the users are using the pool for anything other than waterworks, then there is no need for a ban on at least one camera in the pool area. Security just needs to be discrete about what footage to show the emergency services.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print