Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Tax cuts for Billionaires (Read 1039 times)
Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Re: Tax cuts for Billionaires
Reply #30 - Sep 30th, 2024 at 8:19pm

John Smith wrote on Sep 30th, 2024 at 7:03am:
Mortdooley wrote on Sep 29th, 2024 at 12:47am:
John Smith wrote on Sep 28th, 2024 at 10:10am:
Mortdooley wrote on Sep 27th, 2024 at 9:07pm:
[quote]
The family home is capital. On any balance sheet of net worth the family home is usually the most valuable asset.

Did you make that up morty? I've never once seen a balance sheet with a family home listed as an asset.  Cheesy

I am no longer surprised at the lack of economic knowledge  your side has since they mostly function on emotions. 

You mentioned balance sheets, not me you dumb arse. Can you show me a balance sheet with the family home on it? 

A lot of people and businesses use balance sheets, it doesn't have to be some legal form. If you ever had to ask a lending institution for a large loan they will want to know the risk of lending you money. They will add up your assets and liabilities and decide if you are a good or bad credit risk. A balance sheet is a useful tool for that, the interest rate you pay will be based on it. If you bought a home, kept up with the payments and acquired some equity it would be on the balance sheet. In your case it would probably be risky to loan anyone with your lack of financial responsibility money at a reasonable interest rate. 

The only difference between a Communist and a Democrat is the spelling.

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #31 - Sep 30th, 2024 at 8:35pm

Karnal wrote on Sep 30th, 2024 at 7:53am:
Mortdooley wrote on Sep 29th, 2024 at 11:57pm:
Clearly this subject is beyond your ability to understand it. This is just class envy and an attempt to punish success. If implemented it will cause many companies to leave the country and others to pass the cost on to the consumers in higher prices. You should spend about one hundred hours listening to Dave Ramsey and maybe you will see how wrong you are. You definitely need a major education in economics.

You've just conceded you don't know the difference between a tax on business assets and a "secret" tax on the family home, Mort, so you're hardly the one to preach.

But do you know? You don't mean it, we all know that. You're just telling fibs.

After all, how could anybody be as dumb as that?

Class envy. How cute.

It's all a tax on assets. What secret tax are you blabbering about? Government is a hungry beast, whenever it says it only wants to take from the other guy, people like you are all for it. The beast is only promising to eat you last. Unless you are not allowed private home ownership then if you bought one it must be an asset or liability depending on condition, location and the economy.

Yes, class envy. Those people have more than you so they should help pay your way through life. It's always the cry of the excuse makers, it isn't fair he has much more then me just because he earned it. I want my fair share. Sound about right?

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - Sep 30th, 2024 at 10:23pm

Mortdooley wrote on Sep 29th, 2024 at 8:37am:
Karnal wrote on Sep 29th, 2024 at 1:03am:
Homes are not part of taxable worth. 

So, you are saying that home owners don't pay properly taxes where you come from. 

We don't have land tax on the family home.

If you have more than 1 property you pay land tax for those properties based on value.
Land used for Primary production (farming) is exempt from land tax.

The US has property tax for the family home.
It's a percentage of property value.

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Karnal
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - Sep 30th, 2024 at 10:59pm

Mortdooley wrote on Sep 30th, 2024 at 8:35pm:
Karnal wrote on Sep 30th, 2024 at 7:53am:
Mortdooley wrote on Sep 29th, 2024 at 11:57pm:
Clearly this subject is beyond your ability to understand it. This is just class envy and an attempt to punish success. If implemented it will cause many companies to leave the country and others to pass the cost on to the consumers in higher prices. You should spend about one hundred hours listening to Dave Ramsey and maybe you will see how wrong you are. You definitely need a major education in economics.

You've just conceded you don't know the difference between a tax on business assets and a "secret" tax on the family home, Mort, so you're hardly the one to preach.

But do you know? You don't mean it, we all know that. You're just telling fibs.

After all, how could anybody be as dumb as that?

Class envy. How cute.

It's all a tax on assets. What secret tax are you blabbering about? Government is a hungry beast, whenever it says it only wants to take from the other guy, people like you are all for it. The beast is only promising to eat you last. Unless you are not allowed private home ownership then if you bought one it must be an asset or liability depending on condition, location and the economy.

Yes, class envy. Those people have more than you so they should help pay your way through life. It's always the cry of the excuse makers, it isn't fair he has much more then me just because he earned it. I want my fair share. Sound about right?

You know, all you have to do is tell it like it is. Don't like a proposed tax on billionaires?

Say that. Instead, you choose to pretend they're going to tax your house.

Why fake it?

IP Logged

Karnal
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - Sep 30th, 2024 at 11:05pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Sep 30th, 2024 at 10:23pm:

So, you are saying that home owners don't pay properly taxes where you come from. 

If you have more than 1 property you pay land tax for those properties based on value.

Oh?

The federal government is generally prohibited from imposing direct taxes unless such taxes are then given to the states in proportion to population. Thus, ad valorem property taxes have not been imposed at the federal level.

If Karmala tried a property tax, it would get knocked back by the courts.

Why do you pretend? You have access to the same sources Mort and I do.

He's just faking.

You?

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #35 - Sep 30th, 2024 at 11:11pm

Quote:
Tax cuts for Billionaires

Yes but remember the trickle down effect, All that money eventually trickles down to their children.

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #36 - Sep 30th, 2024 at 11:32pm

Karnal wrote on Sep 30th, 2024 at 11:05pm:

Oh?

The federal government is generally prohibited from imposing direct taxes unless such taxes are then given to the states in proportion to population. Thus, ad valorem property taxes have not been imposed at the federal level.

He's just faking.

You?

Subject to change at the whim of government. Once it starts the government doesn't want to leave anyone out. Billionaire, millionaires, people with anything of value that can be taxed. Look at how little income tax started out as. I read when it first started people would say they wished they made enough money to be taxed.

Quote:
How much was income tax originally?
3%
In 1862, Abraham Lincoln signed a bill that imposed a 3% tax on incomes between $600 and $10,000 and a 5% tax on higher incomes. The law was amended in 1864 to levy a tax of 5% on incomes between $600 and $5,000, a 7.5% tax on incomes in the $5,000-$10,000 range and a 10% tax on everything higher.

No, I don't want billionaires taxed this way, it always ends up being passed down and charged to the end user.

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

Weed is my Jesus

Colorado
Reply #37 - Oct 1st, 2024 at 12:17am

Appears moron torty loves Communism

I go places inside my head with an eye on tomorrow to keep my soul fed

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

Weed is my Jesus

Colorado
Reply #38 - Oct 1st, 2024 at 12:18am

Dnarever wrote on Sep 30th, 2024 at 11:11pm:
Quote:
Tax cuts for Billionaires

Yes but remember the trickle down effect, All that money eventually trickles down to their children.

Never worked and never will work.

"Trickle down" has not created one single job

I go places inside my head with an eye on tomorrow to keep my soul fed

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #39 - Oct 1st, 2024 at 9:01am

Mortdooley wrote on Sep 30th, 2024 at 8:19pm:
A lot of people and businesses use balance sheets, it doesn't have to be some legal form

The tax office isn't interested in what you make up, or even if you use your balance sheet as toilet paper. Family homes are not taxed nor do they appear on business balance sheets. End of story.  Pretending they are because you don't know how or what a balance sheet is is your problem, not theirs.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Karnal
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #40 - Oct 1st, 2024 at 9:08am

Mortdooley wrote on Sep 30th, 2024 at 11:32pm:
Karnal wrote on Sep 30th, 2024 at 11:05pm:

Oh?

He's just faking.

You?

Subject to change at the whim of government. Once it starts the government doesn't want to leave anyone out. Billionaire, millionaires, people with anything of value that can be taxed. Look at how little income tax started out as. I read when it first started people would say they wished they made enough money to be taxed.

Quote:
How much was income tax originally?
3%
In 1862, Abraham Lincoln signed a bill that imposed a 3% tax on incomes between $600 and $10,000 and a 5% tax on higher incomes. The law was amended in 1864 to levy a tax of 5% on incomes between $600 and $5,000, a 7.5% tax on incomes in the $5,000-$10,000 range and a 10% tax on everything higher.

No, I don't want billionaires taxed this way, it always ends up being passed down and charged to the end user.

The little income tax never started out as an asset tax on billionaires, Mort, I can assure you.

Presidents don't even do taxes, Congress does. If Karmala was going to get all sneaky with a brand new property tax, Congress would need to write it first.

So I'm curious. Why do you think Mike Johnson's committed to that?

IP Logged

Karnal
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - Oct 1st, 2024 at 9:11am

John Smith wrote on Oct 1st, 2024 at 9:01am:
Mortdooley wrote on Sep 30th, 2024 at 8:19pm:
A lot of people and businesses use balance sheets, it doesn't have to be some legal form

The tax office isn't interested in what you make up, or even if you use your balance sheet as toilet paper. Family homes are not taxed nor do they appear on business balance sheets. End of story.  Pretending they are because you don't know how or what a balance sheet is is your problem, not theirs.

It's come to this: Aussies informing a MAGA American on how his own tax system works.

Come to Australia, Mort. We'll throw another shrimp on the barbie for you, dear.

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #42 - Oct 1st, 2024 at 12:02pm

hey mort

have you noticed smith and fisk are completely ignorant  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

the United States impose a property tax, also known as a millage rate, as a principal source of revenue.[1] This tax may be imposed on real estate or personal property. The tax is nearly always computed as the fair market value of the property, multiplied by an assessment ratio, multiplied by a tax rate, and is generally an obligation of the owner of the property. Values are determined by local officials, and may be disputed by property owners. For the taxing authority, one advantage of the property tax over the sales tax or income tax is that the revenue always equals the tax levy, unlike the other types of taxes. The property tax typically produces the required revenue for municipalities' tax levies. One disadvantage to the taxpayer is that the tax liability is fixed, while the taxpayer's income is not.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - Oct 1st, 2024 at 1:20pm

aquascoot wrote on Oct 1st, 2024 at 12:02pm:
hey mort

have you noticed smith and fisk are completely ignorant  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

the United States impose a property tax, also known as a millage rate, as a principal source of revenue.[1] This tax may be imposed on real estate or personal property. The tax is nearly always computed as the fair market value of the property, multiplied by an assessment ratio, multiplied by a tax rate, and is generally an obligation of the owner of the property. Values are determined by local officials, and may be disputed by property owners. For the taxing authority, one advantage of the property tax over the sales tax or income tax is that the revenue always equals the tax levy, unlike the other types of taxes. The property tax typically produces the required revenue for municipalities' tax levies. One disadvantage to the taxpayer is that the tax liability is fixed, while the taxpayer's income is not.

Not a federal tax you dumbarse Grin Grin

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Karnal
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #44 - Oct 1st, 2024 at 2:41pm

aquascoot wrote on Oct 1st, 2024 at 12:02pm:
hey mort

Hey Mort, have you ever noticed how Aquascoot never posts his sources?

If you're wondering why, check this one out. Aquascoot cut out the first part of his source's sentence:

Most local governments in... the United States impose a property tax, also known as a millage rate.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Property_tax_in_the_United_States

A millage rate is a percentage of a property's value, used to calculate what we call local, or council rates - "the required revenue for municipalities' tax levies".

Aquascoot's trying to pretend that's a federal tax on property. That's how far we've descended in the tax debate. On the one hand, we have members posting here to correct lies and disinformation - an essential function in an informed democracy.

On the other, we have posters throwing out random, selectively edited claims to score points - acting to misinform and distract.

Ah, the "narrow road to success". It is a path seldom followed, rarely completed. Who would care to travel such a path?

One with integrity certainly, one who cleves to the truth. A Superior Man indeed - not so much a man as a God.

And then there's the chodes. Lives of pure garbage.

Despicable stuff.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print