Send Topic Print
14 yo Local (Read 132 times)
aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

14 yo Local
Today at 6:18pm

a 14 yo local kid has started an internet business

good to see a local on the narrow road to success.

a lot of pensioners on this site have never reached this level of "personal autonomy'

how timid and mediocre  Cry Cry

https://ozsox.au/?fbclid=IwY2xjawFwd7VleHRuA2FlbQIxMAABHSQDGi59ssjiuN_h1QRd3i_qD...

IP Logged

Carl D
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rivervale, Perth
Re: 14 yo Local
Reply #1 - Today at 6:39pm

How awesome is that, eh?  Cool

Speaking of pensioners, you know what else is awesome?

It only took Centrelink 2 weeks to process and approve my age pension application which I lodged on September 16th.  Shocked

It was approved on October 2nd.

And, they've already backpaid me to September 16th.

But, what's really awesome is that I still have 4 months of my superannuation pension left as well.

Looks like I'm well on my way with that "narrow road to (retirement) success".

Party time !

Smiley
« Last Edit: Today at 7:00pm by Carl D »  

** Repeat Covid infections exercise our immune system in the same way that repeat concussions exercise our brain **

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #2 - Today at 6:55pm

aquascoot wrote Today at 6:18pm:
a 14 yo local kid has started an internet business

good to see a local on the narrow road to success.

a lot of pensioners on this site have never reached this level of "personal autonomy'

how timid and mediocre  Cry Cry

https://ozsox.au/?fbclid=IwY2xjawFwd7VleHRuA2FlbQIxMAABHSQDGi59ssjiuN_h1QRd3i_qD...

Unfortunately I wouldn't pay that for a pair of socks and I don't wear clothing that makes me a billboard. Hope he does well though. Perhaps he could slip a cock sock or two into his line up with greetings like Happy Anniversary, Christmas, Birthday, Valentines Day, etc. Might make his brand a little more, umm... varied.

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #3 - Today at 7:09pm

Aquascoot must have bought about 10 pair of socks at $16- $45 to spur this kid's career.

Who were the other 5 buyers? Mum, dad, uncle, +2?

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #4 - Today at 7:25pm

Carl D wrote Today at 6:39pm:
How awesome is that, eh?  Cool

Speaking of pensioners, you know what else is awesome?

It only took Centrelink 2 weeks to process and approve my age pension application which I lodged on September 16th.  Shocked

It was approved on October 2nd.

And, they've already backpaid me to September 16th.

But, what's really awesome is that I still have 4 months of my superannuation pension left as well.

Looks like I'm well on my way with that "narrow road to (retirement) success".

Party time !

Smiley

You just moved from one payment to another? It's those that need to go through the whole trials and tribulations of having to deal with them for the first time that have extended waits.

IP Logged

Carl D
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rivervale, Perth
Reply #5 - Today at 7:32pm

Setanta wrote Today at 7:25pm:
You just moved from one payment to another? It's those that need to go through the whole trials and tribulations of having to deal with them for the first time that have extended waits.

My superannuation pension payments don't come from Centrelink, they go directly into my bank account (monthly) from the Super Company as they've been doing since I retired from work 5 years ago.

But, I've had a Centrelink CRN since 2017 when I applied for a Low Income Health Card after I changed to working 2 days a week for the last few years before I retired.

** Repeat Covid infections exercise our immune system in the same way that repeat concussions exercise our brain **

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #6 - Today at 7:51pm

Carl D wrote Today at 7:32pm:
Setanta wrote Today at 7:25pm:

My superannuation pension payments don't come from Centrelink, they go directly into my bank account (monthly) from the Super Company as they've been doing since I retired from work 5 years ago.

But, I've had a Centrelink CRN since 2017 when I applied for a Low Income Health Card after I changed to working 2 days a week for the last few years before I retired.

And there's your answer. You've already done the hoop jumping.

IP Logged

Aurora Complexus

Australian Politics

New South Whales
Reply #7 - Today at 9:39pm

Anyone can start a business. Most businesses fail.

Technically I started a business (got an ABN number) but it was only because my uptown employer required me to. They just wanted to avoid insurance, superannuation and employee protection laws.

If I lodged a tax return for that year, I might get something back. But I'd prefer to think that I paid taxes.

What kind of bullshit is incorporation? You can buy the company car, at a good price, the week before your company goes broke. The bank gets whatever assets your company still held, while providers of goods and services to your company get nothing. Employees get nothing, not even back pay. Everyone gets screwed EXCEPT the failed businessman.
« Last Edit: Today at 9:48pm by Aurora Complexus »  

IP Logged

Aurora Complexus

Australian Politics

New South Whales
Reply #8 - Today at 9:47pm

Carl D wrote Today at 7:32pm:

Health Care Card is good, it gets you discounts on pharmaceuticals and access to more free doctors.

But the pensioner card is better. You get daily public transit for under $3 and access to private sector discounts. It's much easier to get if you're over 55, though if you're disabled it's available at any age.

IP Logged

Carl D
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rivervale, Perth
Reply #9 - Today at 9:59pm

Aurora Complexus wrote Today at 9:47pm:
Health Care Card is good, it gets you discounts on pharmaceuticals and access to more free doctors.

But the pensioner card is better. You get daily public transit for under $3 and access to private sector discounts. It's much easier to get if you're over 55, though if you're disabled it's available at any age.

I'm in Perth and the WA Seniors Card (which I've had since 2020) is even better for public transport (buses, trains and ferries).

You get free off peak travel Monday to Friday and all day free travel on weekends and public holidays. If you travel during peak times (7am to 9am and 3:30pm to 7pm  Mon-Fri) it's a concession fare.

There's also a "Seniors Week" every year here in November and Seniors Card holders get free public transport all day, every day for the entire week.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print