Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Do Australians Have A Right To Protest? (Read 480 times)
Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Re: Do Australians Have A Right To Protest?
Reply #15 - Oct 15th, 2024 at 5:58pm

aquascoot wrote on Oct 15th, 2024 at 1:42pm:
whiteknight wrote on Oct 15th, 2024 at 6:36am:
People should have a right to protest.   Sad

we want the doctor who does the bulk billing

Some need the psychiatrist who does bulk billing.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #16 - Oct 15th, 2024 at 7:09pm

Gnads wrote on Oct 15th, 2024 at 5:28pm:
tickleandrose wrote on Oct 15th, 2024 at 2:05pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Oct 15th, 2024 at 12:24pm:
Yes out of that lot, a significant number of trans and Muslim people do like to express their difference in violence.  Gays not so much and Australian Jews hardly at all... they strive to be civilised ....

My top picks would be junkies and Nazis.

Not surprised you'd say that - the only people acting like Nazis are the Palestinian protesters.

And the Islamophobes, and the homophobes and the anti-trans people, just like you.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Oct 15th, 2024 at 7:19pm

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #18 - Oct 15th, 2024 at 9:00pm

I like the posts that say everyone should have the right except........

It rather gives the game away.

It's a bit like Trump saying that he only wants to be authoritarian for one day.

Does he really think people forgot his authoritarian first term ?

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Yesterday at 11:47am

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 15th, 2024 at 7:09pm:
Yes out of that lot, a significant number of trans and Muslim people do like to express their difference in violence.  Gays not so much and Australian Jews hardly at all... they strive to be civilised ....

Not surprised you'd say that - the only people acting like Nazis are the Palestinian protesters.

And the Islamophobes, and the homophobes and the anti-trans people, just like you.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Old made up words wanker Bwyan

Picture0108.jpg (3 KB | 0 )
Picture0108.jpg

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Yesterday at 11:49am

Dnarever wrote on Oct 15th, 2024 at 9:00pm:
I like the posts that say everyone should have the right except........

It rather gives the game away.

It's a bit like Trump saying that he only wants to be authoritarian for one day.

Does he really think people forgot his authoritarian first term ?

OK which ones were they?

And FFS forget about Trump.

You're getting as bad as Peccar.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #21 - Yesterday at 11:49am

We live in a police state.

They can spray you in the eyes with pepper spray - a form of dangerous torture - and get a way with it.

They can beat you to a pulp with a baton and get away with that too.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #22 - Yesterday at 3:44pm

Gnads wrote Yesterday at 11:47am:

Truthful words where you are concerned.  You hate, you hate anybody not like you.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #23 - Yesterday at 3:46pm

Bobby. wrote Yesterday at 11:49am:
We live in a police state.

They can spray you in the eyes with pepper spray - a form of dangerous torture - and get a way with it.

They can beat you to a pulp with a baton and get away with that too.

Bobby, don't you have a public loo to haunt?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Yesterday at 3:51pm

Brian Ross wrote Yesterday at 3:44pm:
Gnads wrote Yesterday at 11:47am:

Truthful words where you are concerned.  You hate, you hate anybody not like you.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

bwian

i hate yawning.

its rude

IP Logged

Daves2017
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Yesterday at 4:04pm

In my experience we have the right to protest.

However if the people you are protesting against can gain your name you will suffer long term trouble.

Everything you say or buy goes on your permanent record.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Crocodile Hunter: Origins

Rockhampton
Reply #26 - Yesterday at 5:27pm

People have the right to protest. They should not object violently, if there is a counterprotest to their cause. That includes the police insisting that they move on from an illegal march or violent chanting.

At this stage...
IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #27 - Yesterday at 6:46pm

I always thought that us not having a bill of rights in our constitution like the US do was a good thing I am not so sure anymore. it seems that in most respects the ultimate result is that we have no rights.Our trespass laws are a joke, Our identify laws are very loose, police can almost walk up to anyone with the slimmest excuse to require ID. While I don't think most Australian police abuse their authority they easily could and at least some do.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Crocodile Hunter: Origins

Rockhampton
Reply #28 - Today at 4:24am

Dnarever wrote Yesterday at 6:46pm:
I always thought that us not having a bill of rights in our constitution like the US do was a good thing I am not so sure anymore. it seems that in most respects the ultimate result is that we have no rights.Our trespass laws are a joke, Our identify laws are very loose, police can almost walk up to anyone with the slimmest excuse to require ID. While I don't think most Australian police abuse their authority they easily could and at least some do.

If you have ever read the Criminal Code of Australia, you will find that Australians have more rights and freedoms than the average American. In Australia, it is very equitable to live however you like and within reason, as long as there are no laws that forbid you doing what you want to do.

In the United States of America, you are given a bill of rights. But the state by state variations of laws are so profound, that it is not surprising why each state has a problem with bordering states of their's. Can you imagine why the crime rates over in the United States are so high in their cities? I know why. And it has nothing to do with how much rights Americans have. It has to do with how much "freedoms" are available.

Upon the freedom index and human development scales, Australia ranks much higher than the USA. Imagine what will happen to the USA when the demographics are changed, due to the low-birth rates of American-born people catches up with them. They better start buying gold bullion inside the next 10 years.

At this stage...
IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #29 - Today at 5:21am

Trouble with not having a codified Bill of Rights, Rocky, is that nothing is guaranteed - meaning that every single time an individual is forced to resolve an issue with government, for best example, there is a need to obtain an 'interpretation' - and guess who does the 'interpreting'..... the government body in question.

Let us look at the Queenslund Land Grabs - someone comes along - maybe some Chinaman whose ancestor dropped by and stayed for a while in the 14th century or something rooting the local sheilas - and lays claim to his Ancestral Lands...... some dork steeped in New Age Sinophilia (which does not mean sticking it up their nose) and under the direct command of an Appointed Old Mate With The Right Ideas And Obedient To The Approved Narrative Who Takes Orders Directly From The Government makes the decision, after consultation with said government, that Wong Wey (the applicant) MUST be given that swathe of land because the descendants of his 14th Century ancestor remained in continued occupation of it by merely wandering around it ... unbroken even though diluted by generations of others from local and also imports over more generations...... and in no way these days even remotely resembling Wong Wey or any other Chinaman....

With me so far?

Harry Bloggs - descendant of Joe Bloggs - whose family have held a significant portion of the new Wong Weyland for generations - complains and is told:- "No Way With Wong Wey For You!"  So he takes it up the chain of command, where a Senor Executioner determines/interprets that Harry has no right to claim based on his purchased possession of that land and his claim is interpreted to be lower down the scale than Wong Wey's ancestral claim.

So Harry flings it before a 'court' at huge expense ... the 'court' ruminates (but secretly, being illegally under the orders of said government and being influenced by 'authority' while siding with the Old Mates' Club, has already sided with Ancestral Wong Wey and The Department Senor) - reserves its opinion to make it look good - and then three months down the track does a Lee Decision and finds that Wong Wey, on opinion only, was the right way all along, and Harry has no claim.... and must piss orf forthwith taking what he can get into his ute, to make way for Wong Wey.

Harry,  desperately seeking justice, appeals to a higher 'court' - and the way they drink there is no higher court in the land - as his last desperate bid - again at huge expense while Wong Wey has to pay nothing and hasn't done so to date since The Department is handling it on his behalf - only to receive the same result - made even stronger by the 'fact' that both the Senor Executioner and the lower 'court' found against Harry.... so out he goes, broke, starving and homeless after generations of lifetimes of toil while Wong Wey The Indolent Billionaire Passing Chinaman Descended From Someone Who Stayed Here And Wandered About Six Hundred Or More Years Ago And Impregnated Many Native Women takes over his land, home and everything else Harry can't carry away with him.....

And that Poppets - is what they call Justice In Australia these days, along with Interpretation and Dictatorial Rule By Public Servant = Neo-Feudalism, Racism, Apartheid, Segregation, Assaults on Rights And Liberties and Equalities, Falsified Jurisprudence, Breakdown Of The Fundamentals Of Rule Of Law And Of Law And Order, and on and on and on.....

That's it in a nutsack ... tune in next week for The Fable Of The Prime Minister's Response To Wong Wey (not to be confused with Wang Wey, dig?)...
« Last Edit: Today at 5:42am by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print