Send Topic Print
LiveNation - music (Read 145 times)
Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

LiveNation - music
Oct 15th, 2024 at 10:39am

Anyone watch 4Corners last night?

The vertical integration take over of the Music industry by shareholder driven company LiveNation Entertainment. A US based company controlled by Liberty Media Corp.

In an industry without any real regulation these bastards are doing what no other companies are allowed to do because of regulations & regulatory bodies that oversee fair competition policy.

They are buying up the artists, music festivals & music venues, ticket sales & promotion companies. Thus becoming vertically integrated and charging whatever they like in the pursuit of profits for shareholders.

It was an interest expose on the control of the music industry and how it makes life much more difficult for the musicians & up coming talent.

It's having a devastating impact on artists and punters who are being ripped off by Dynamic Pricing - a fancy name for profiteering/price gouging in the guise of the old supply & demand mantra.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-10-14/music-for-sale/104471980

Of course LiveNation has come out blasting the 4Corners program ....

but when all the facts about what parts of the music industry they own and get fees on fees from then they don't have a truthful leg to stand on.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

tallowood
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: LiveNation - music
Reply #1 - Oct 15th, 2024 at 10:54am

Quote:
want your love and give me a thrill but
your loveing don't pay my bills I want
money what I want that's what I want
that's what I want that's what I
[Applause]

Reality is a figment of imagination

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Oct 15th, 2024 at 6:12pm

tallowood wrote on Oct 15th, 2024 at 10:54am:

Quote:
want your love and give me a thrill but
your loveing don't pay my bills I want
money what I want that's what I want
that's what I want that's what I
[Applause]

And?

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

tallowood
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Oct 15th, 2024 at 7:36pm

Just a coincidence.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Yesterday at 11:52am

tallowood wrote on Oct 15th, 2024 at 7:36pm:
Just a coincidence.

Money just a coincidence?

I know it's all about money - but do you have an opinion on their operation and whether their vertically integrated model is contrary to competition policy & should it be allowed or should the industry be regulated?

IP Logged

tallowood
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Yesterday at 11:57am

Gnads wrote Yesterday at 11:52am:
Just a coincidence.

I know it's all about money - but do you have an opinion on their operation and whether their vertically integrated model is contrary to competition policy & should it be allowed or should the industry be regulated?

I think there should be more live performance then studio recording.

IP Logged

Aurora Complexus

Australian Politics

New South Whales
Reply #6 - Yesterday at 7:19pm

Best concert I ever went to was Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, in a basement with maybe 30 people watching. Nick dug his heart out and squeezed all the blood out. That's never going to happen in a corporate gig.

IP Logged

Aurora Complexus

Australian Politics

New South Whales
Reply #7 - Yesterday at 7:20pm

tallowood wrote Yesterday at 11:57am:
Just a coincidence.

Well that's nice. Where's your money at though?

I've spent more on vinyl, CD's and online, than I ever spent on live performances. Probably five to one (considering the inflation factor on all that vinyl I bought as a young man.)

Touring is only worth the money, because audience buy more copy after attending a concert. There's plenty of potential for organizers to screw the acts, down to very little or nothing for performing. Hell even negative return: you'll only know when they stop touring at all.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 7:26pm by Aurora Complexus »  

IP Logged

tallowood
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Yesterday at 7:46pm

Aurora Complexus wrote Yesterday at 7:20pm:
Just a coincidence.

I've spent more on vinyl, CD's and online, than I ever spent on live performances. Probably five to one (considering the inflation factor on all that vinyl I bought as a young man.)

Touring is only worth the money, because audience buy more copy after attending a concert. There's plenty of potential for organizers to screw the acts, down to very little or nothing for performing. Hell even negative return: you'll only know when they stop touring at all.

more
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=busking

IP Logged

Aurora Complexus

Australian Politics

New South Whales
Reply #9 - Yesterday at 7:53pm

tallowood wrote Yesterday at 7:46pm:
Just a coincidence.

more

Are you complaining that LiveNation is buying up busking spots? Or just trying for a cheap shot about live music?

IP Logged

tallowood
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Yesterday at 7:59pm

Aurora Complexus wrote Yesterday at 7:53pm:
tallowood wrote Yesterday at 7:46pm:
Just a coincidence.

more

Are you complaining that LiveNation is buying up busking spots? Or just trying for a cheap shot about live music?

Try to listen music instead of asking silly questions  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print