Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print
What about Albo's 4.3 million dollar mansion ?? (Read 1096 times)
Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

What about Albo's 4.3 million dollar mansion ??
Oct 15th, 2024 at 3:37pm

What housing crisis ?? Cheesy LOL

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-10-15/anthony-albanese-buys-central-coast-prope...

Quote:
Anthony Albanese buys $4.3 million property overlooking ocean on NSW Central Coast

Prime Minister Anthony Albanese is in the process of buying a $4.3 million cliff-top home on the NSW Central Coast, where his fiancee's family is from.

The Copacabana property is touted as being "clifftop perfection" with "uninterrupted ocean views from all levels", according to 2GB presenter Ben Fordham, who first reported the story on Tuesday.

A real estate listing describes the home as "a premiere location to enjoy sun, whale watching or spectacular sunsets year-round".

The four-bedroom, three-bathroom home was sold in September for an undisclosed price, according to Domain.

According to the listing, it has "timber-lined cathedral ceilings", a "master suite with walk-through ensuite", and an "open plan living and dining space [that] captures mesmerising ocean views".

A spokesperson for Mr Albanese said he was planning to buy a home on the Central Coast, where his fiancee Jodie Haydon grew up and "three generations of her family live".

"When the process is complete it will be declared on the parliamentary register," they said in a statement.

The prime minister was in Brisbane on Tuesday for an announcement on housing, where he was questioned about the new property.

In response, Mr Albanese said his future wife was a "proud coastie" and "when your relationship changes, your life changes".

He also acknowledged that his job put him in a privileged financial position.

"As a prime minister, I earn a good income. I understand that I've been fortunate," he said.

"But I also understand what it's like to struggle. My mum lived in the one public housing that she was born in for all of her 65 years.

"What I'm focused on is making sure that everyone can get a roof over their head."

« Last Edit: Oct 15th, 2024 at 3:46pm by Sir lastnail »  

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: What about Albo's 4.3 million dollar mansion ??
Reply #1 - Oct 15th, 2024 at 4:07pm

you think he should spend 20 yrs waiting for a bubble to burst like you've been doing? Cheesy Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Daves2017
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Oct 15th, 2024 at 4:15pm

He lives in another time and space.

His had another “ thought bubble “ about maybe, if everyone agreed and king Charlie gave the Royal nod of approval to “ think “ about “ maybe “ stopping the banks from ripping off the non Canberra crew 4 billion a year in bank fees for the right to access your own money.

Right up there with his never going happen “ thought bubble “ that his going give Peter V”landys 600 million to start up a PNG rugby league team.

Bugger Australians doing it tough.

Vote this childless prick out!

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Oct 15th, 2024 at 4:35pm

John Smith wrote on Oct 15th, 2024 at 4:07pm:
you think he should spend 20 yrs waiting for a bubble to burst like you've been doing? Cheesy Cheesy

well you don't have to worry smith because I heard you live under a piece of rusty corrugated sheet iron that you stole from a demolition site Cheesy LOL

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Oct 15th, 2024 at 4:59pm

Sir lastnail wrote on Oct 15th, 2024 at 4:35pm:

well you don't have to worry smith because I heard you live under a piece of rusty corrugated sheet iron that you stole from a demolition site Cheesy LOL

you also heard that no one ever died before the covid shots were ever released ...

that didn't work out well for you either Grin Grin Grin

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #5 - Oct 15th, 2024 at 5:14pm

Labor MPs baffled by PM’s $4.3 million ‘clifftop perfection’ home buy

The purchase has opened the prime minister to criticism from colleagues that he has misjudged the optics as voters battle high interest rates, rents and property prices.

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/federal/anthony-albanese-buys-4-3-million-cli...

The 2025 election could be a shocker.
IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Oct 15th, 2024 at 5:38pm

Albo purchasing his retirement home prior to getting the boot next year.....

then in retirement with his generous PMs pension for life .... he might join the private sector & dabble in some corporate skullduggery like most ex Pollies seem to do.

Speaking of bank fees to access our own money ... the CEO of the Bankers Association of Australia Anna Bligh - the former Labor Premier of QLD shows how much(little) she was ever part of the Labor faithful with her lack of concern about these outrageous fees banks are charging.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #7 - Oct 15th, 2024 at 5:49pm

I never heard the Coalition claim Malcolm Turnbull should have lived in a hovel when he was Prime Minister???

Huh Huh Huh

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Oct 15th, 2024 at 6:09pm

John Smith wrote on Oct 15th, 2024 at 4:59pm:

you also heard that no one ever died before the covid shots were ever released ...

just alot more died afterwards Wink

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #9 - Oct 15th, 2024 at 8:35pm

Smith -
Nail owns his own quality house outright and he drives a luxury car -
he doesn't boast about it like other people -
especially wogs like you.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #10 - Oct 15th, 2024 at 9:06pm

I remember when everyone on the right were outraged by Turnbull's point Piper $52 Million dollar mansion. OH no sorry I forgot they thought it was terrific.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Oct 16th, 2024 at 2:16am

FIGHTING TORIES, THAT'S WHAT I DO!!

There are two unequivocal things to say about Anthony Albanese’s decision to buy a $4.3 million cliff top, ocean view home on the NSW Central Coast. The first is — good on him. Well done for living the Australian dream of home ownership and getting there on his own.

The second is this — this has to be the dumbest, most damaging piece of political tone deafness and timing since Tony Abbott appointed Prince Philip as a “Knight of the Order of Australia” in the Australia Day honours’ list in 2015.

Prime ministers can’t win when it comes to buying property, owning shares or going on overseas holidays, no matter what the circumstances or how justified they may be.

Taxpayers look at PMs being given two of the most prestigious houses in Australia in which to live as well as the 24-hour care, catering and top end transport that goes with them.

No matter what Albanese says to justify the purchase, it’s a bad political look that makes him appear out of touch with people renting and trying to buy their own home. It also raises the immediate thought that it’s a retirement parachute for after the election.

On Tuesday Albanese defended the purchase by saying he knew “what it is to struggle” and cited his well known personal story of being the only child of a single mother on a pension in housing commission accommodation.

“I have, of course, I am much better off – as a Prime Minister, I earn a good income,” he said. “I understand that. I understand that I’ve been fortunate.”

He also had to immediately deny he was preparing for retirement and intended to be re-elected.

But no number of repetitions of the South Sydney log cabin story will repair the political damage of this bad timing.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Oct 16th, 2024 at 8:27am

What about Albo's 4.3 million dollar mansion?

Did he embezzle funds, evade taxes to buy it?

No?

Then, so what!

This is 50s-style Australian old-womanish bitchery - tall poppy syndrome, white-trash sneering that still infests the Australian psyche.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Oct 16th, 2024 at 8:37am

Sir lastnail wrote on Oct 15th, 2024 at 6:09pm:
John Smith wrote on Oct 15th, 2024 at 4:59pm:

just alot more died afterwards Wink

yeah, from covid .... ya dumbarse Grin Grin

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Oct 16th, 2024 at 8:37am

Bobby. wrote on Oct 15th, 2024 at 8:35pm:

Smith -
Nail owns his own quality house outright and he drives a luxury car -
he doesn't boast about it like other people -
especially wogs like you.

and you're not gay  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print