Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hockey calls for GST and negative gearing reform (Read 792 times)
Kytro
Gold Member

Blasphemy: a victimless
crime

Adelaide
Hockey calls for GST and negative gearing reform
Oct 21st, 2015 at 12:03pm

Quote:
He called for a GST with a higher rate and broader base, concessional taxes on superannuation to be "carefully pared back", for negative gearing to be "skewed towards new housing", and for penalty rates, which he said inflicted "profit murder" on business, to be looked at.

Mr Hockey said it was inconceivable that in this day and age there was still "non means-tested welfare" in which he included Medicare and public schools.

Link

IP Logged

Kytro
Gold Member

Blasphemy: a victimless
crime

Adelaide
Re: Hockey calls for GST and negative gearing reform
Reply #1 - Oct 21st, 2015 at 12:05pm

Besides the hyperbole of "profit murder", the idea that Medicare and Public Schools being welfare is utter nonsense and exposes this sort of conservative thinking.

They are public services

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #2 - Oct 21st, 2015 at 1:07pm

hokey reversed Swan’s first moves on super tax exemptions, he has no credentials for advocating reform.

A buffoon.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #3 - Oct 21st, 2015 at 1:59pm

If public schools are welfare, so is the public funding of private schools. I wonder if he wants that cut too or is that the good kind of welfare, wealthfare?

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #4 - Oct 21st, 2015 at 2:53pm

I call for the same things, but I suspect what I expect from it is 180 degrees opposite to what he wants.

Apart from that I think retiring politicians who've done enough harm already should just STSU

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #5 - Oct 21st, 2015 at 3:32pm

Amazing how these people expose themselves as grubs when they can say what they really mean.

Sounds like he thinks we should be the USA. Suppose that his debt levels as treasurer were heading in that direction.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #6 - Oct 21st, 2015 at 3:37pm

'schools = welfare' ... 'medicare = welfare' ... is there anything these fools don't view as welfare when they see a chance to chop at someone with the least?

Current policy thrust from this lot of twerps indicates the need for an unemployed, uneducated, illiterate, impoverished peasantry from whom only those most supplicant can be called to do service in whatever way is demanded.  Sounds like Stalin to me - and yet these twerps think they are the heroes of the Right...

Shows never more clearly how empty-headed Joe is in reality - which raises some very serious questions about how our society is being run.  This guy's worth millions and can't put two brain cells together at the one time.... one cell is usually left standing like a shag on a rock wondering where the busload is....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print