Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print
Unemployment down... AGAIN (Read 6161 times)
longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Unemployment down... AGAIN
Apr 14th, 2016 at 1:42pm

So despite all the negatives of the lefties, unemployment has DROPPED once again to 5.7%.

Time to thank Abbott and Turnbull for a lowering unemployment rate and rising GDP all in an environment of a poor global outlook.

WELL DONE!!!!

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Unemployment down... AGAIN
Reply #1 - Apr 14th, 2016 at 1:44pm

longweekend58 wrote on Apr 14th, 2016 at 1:42pm:
Time to thank Abbott and Turnbull

Are they retiring?

Migrating?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Apr 14th, 2016 at 1:47pm

Time to thank Abbott and Turnbull for a lowering unemployment rate and rising GDP all in an environment of a poor global outlook.

what exactly did they do?

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Dsmithy70
Gold Member

ire futuis vobismetipsis

Newy
Reply #3 - Apr 14th, 2016 at 1:51pm

So despite all the negatives of the lefties, unemployment has DROPPED once again to 5.7%.

WELL DONE!!!!

So still .7% higher than when they took office.

I'll tell you what, I'll thank Mal & Tones when you thank Swan for keeping it in check during an ACTUAL global finanical crisis

Quote:
Australia Unemployment Rate  1978-2016 | Data | Chart | Calendar
Australia's seasonally adjusted unemployment rate unexpectedly fell to 5.7 percent in March of 2016 from 5.8 percent in February and below market consensus of 5.9 percent. It is the lowest jobless rate since September 2013, as the economy added 26,100 jobs and the number of unemployed decreased by 7,300. Unemployment Rate in Australia averaged 6.95 percent from 1978 until 2016, reaching an all time high of 11.10 percent in October of 1992 and a record low of 4 percent in February of 2008. Unemployment Rate in Australia is reported by the Australian Bureau of Statistics.

Quote:
Anthony John "Tony" Abbott is an Australian politician who was the 28th Prime Minister of Australia, from 18 September 2013

REBELLION is not what most people think it is.
REBELLION is when you turn off the TV & start educating & thinking for yourself.
Gavin Nascimento

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Apr 14th, 2016 at 2:01pm

John Smith wrote on Apr 14th, 2016 at 1:47pm:

They created the worst Government in the history of our nation.

IP Logged

Its time
Gold Member

Boot libs out

Reply #5 - Apr 14th, 2016 at 2:02pm

51/49
is the only number to look at

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #6 - Apr 14th, 2016 at 2:04pm

Must be a lot of people giving up and retiring early... every old Grunt I know has done that....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Its time
Gold Member

Boot libs out

Reply #7 - Apr 14th, 2016 at 2:07pm

The figures are more likely that everybody has just given up looking for work and are living off family members until a real government gets in , with an actual plan.

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Apr 14th, 2016 at 2:20pm

Dsmithy70 wrote on Apr 14th, 2016 at 1:51pm:

WELL DONE!!!!

So still .7% higher than when they took office.

I'll tell you what, I'll thank Mal & Tones when you thank Swan for keeping it in check during an ACTUAL global finanical crisis

Quote:
Australia Unemployment Rate  1978-2016 | Data | Chart | Calendar
Australia's seasonally adjusted unemployment rate unexpectedly fell to 5.7 percent in March of 2016 from 5.8 percent in February and below market consensus of 5.9 percent. It is the lowest jobless rate since September 2013, as the economy added 26,100 jobs and the number of unemployed decreased by 7,300. Unemployment Rate in Australia averaged 6.95 percent from 1978 until 2016, reaching an all time high of 11.10 percent in October of 1992 and a record low of 4 percent in February of 2008. Unemployment Rate in Australia is reported by the Australian Bureau of Statistics.

Quote:
Anthony John "Tony" Abbott is an Australian politician who was the 28th Prime Minister of Australia, from 18 September 2013

The unemployment rate when Abbott took office was 5.8% AND RISING

during the GFC we still had the mining boom. Now that boom has turned into a bust and still the Libs can keep reducing unemployment.

give praise where it is due

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Apr 14th, 2016 at 2:21pm

you are all struggling with this, arent you?  how dare unemployment DROP under the libs - jst because it usually does.  Why does GDP continue to rise under the libs - as it usually does?

THIS is the kind of data that gains votes.

IP Logged

Its time
Gold Member

Boot libs out

Reply #10 - Apr 14th, 2016 at 2:23pm

longweekend58 wrote on Apr 14th, 2016 at 2:21pm:
you are all struggling with this, arent you?  how dare unemployment DROP under the libs - jst because it usually does.  Why does GDP continue to rise under the libs - as it usually does?

51/49 baby  Smiley

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Apr 14th, 2016 at 2:28pm

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Dsmithy70
Gold Member

ire futuis vobismetipsis

Newy
Reply #12 - Apr 14th, 2016 at 2:29pm

Why does GDP continue to rise under the libs - as it usually does?

And yet it fell see below graph

Quote:
The Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in Australia was worth 1454.68 billion US dollars in 2014. The GDP value of Australia represents 2.35 percent of the world economy. GDP in Australia averaged 369.19 USD Billion from 1960 until 2014, reaching an all time high of 1560.39 USD Billion in 2013 and a record low of 18.60 USD Billion in 1960. GDP in Australia is reported by the World Bank Group.

longweekend58 wrote on Apr 14th, 2016 at 2:20pm:
give praise where it is due

Tones & Joe, Mal & Scott have done an excellent job of letting the economy tick along all by itself.
Thanks for keeping your hands off.

REBELLION is not what most people think it is.
REBELLION is when you turn off the TV & start educating & thinking for yourself.
Gavin Nascimento

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Apr 14th, 2016 at 2:34pm

when I read about whats happening in  Qld and now S.A.  I do wonder about these figures......

Quote:

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm

they stopped the BOATS.. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

not a good move we know!

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Apr 14th, 2016 at 2:37pm

cods wrote on Apr 14th, 2016 at 2:34pm:
when I read about whats happening in  Qld and now S.A.  I do wonder about these figures......

Quote:

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm

they stopped the BOATS.. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

not a good move we know!

how does that help people find jobs?

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print