Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Cars You Wanted But Never Had (Read 1837 times)
AiA
Gold Member

Cars You Wanted But Never Had
Feb 23rd, 2018 at 9:34am

The Wagoneer hasn't been manufactured since 1991 but late model ones are pricey even today and are being completely refurbished. I had the chance to buy one years ago but passed on it. Damn!

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Re: Cars You Wanted But Never Had
Reply #1 - Feb 23rd, 2018 at 9:44am

Nice wood.

How about

IBI

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #2 - Feb 23rd, 2018 at 9:51am

Looks ^^^ like something the driver might have built himself. I have no skill in that regard ...

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #3 - Feb 23rd, 2018 at 10:09am

AiA wrote on Feb 23rd, 2018 at 9:51am:
Looks ^^^ like something the driver might have built himself. I have no skill in that regard ...

Which do one would prefer?

IBI

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #4 - Feb 23rd, 2018 at 10:14am

Gordon wrote on Feb 23rd, 2018 at 10:09am:
AiA wrote on Feb 23rd, 2018 at 9:51am:

Which do one would prefer?
[url]https://23796-presscdn-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/IMG_3604
-1.jpg[/url]

which one has a beaded seat cover?

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #5 - Feb 25th, 2018 at 5:40am

A V12 Jaguar

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

RightSaidFred
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #6 - Feb 25th, 2018 at 6:39am

Audi Quattro Rally edition

Took over rallying and was so good they banned it

A later version took over European Touring car events and guess what they banned it.

https://www.audiworld.com/how-tos/slideshows/5-facts-about-the-audi-quattro-and-...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDRkHXMHqFo

Audi pretty much shaped what rally driving is today these cars were so fast and dangerous the sport had to start putting power limits on the cars

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #7 - Feb 25th, 2018 at 8:31am

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #8 - Feb 25th, 2018 at 10:43pm

« Last Edit: Feb 25th, 2018 at 10:53pm by Setanta »  

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #9 - Feb 26th, 2018 at 1:18am

That's where the appreciation in value comes from. It's the appreciation and the value of love.

Not too many blokes held onto a petrol guzzling HO in the expectation that it would be worth a mint in later years. Most would have begrudgingly given it up when they had more important things to look after.

Just the other day I had a guy looking at my Monaro, telling me about the ads he saw as a kid and how he always wanted one. Then when they get to the age when they can afford their toy, the old guys (like me) say, "No way, I paid a good price back then because I liked it so much (designed by a woman btw..lol). So the price goes up because I really have no need to sell. I still like it and I'd miss it if it was gone. Don't even have to love it so much, I'd probably swap for an old Mercedes sports or a Jag V12 which were the ones that I really wanted as a kid.
« Last Edit: Feb 26th, 2018 at 1:29am by Amadd »  

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #10 - Feb 26th, 2018 at 1:26am

Amadd wrote on Feb 26th, 2018 at 1:18am:
That's where the appreciation in value comes from. It's the appreciation and the value of love.

Not too many blokes held onto a petrol guzzling HO in the expectation that it would be worth a mint in later years. Most would have begrudgingly given it up when they had more important things to look after.

Just the other day I had a guy looking at my Monaro, telling me about the ads he saw as a kid and how he always wanted one. Then when they get to the age when they can afford their toy, the old guys (like me) say, "No way, I paid a good price back then because I liked it so much (designed by a woman btw..lol). So the price goes up because I really have no need to sell. I still like it and I'd miss it if it was gone.

I'm sure every man would appreciate a HO. Grin

edit:I went to school and used to ice skate with a guy who bought one of the 500 or so HOs before he even got his licence. Ended up being killed in it on the way back from Ravenswood. He had a friends HR drag car on a trailer, some guy heading south in a Monaro crossed the road and he went off the road into a tree, the HR came off the trailer and smashed it from the rear, he and his girl were killed.
« Last Edit: Feb 26th, 2018 at 1:34am by Setanta »  

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #11 - Feb 26th, 2018 at 1:32am

Setanta wrote on Feb 26th, 2018 at 1:26am:

Just the other day I had a guy looking at my Monaro, telling me about the ads he saw as a kid and how he always wanted one. Then when they get to the age when they can afford their toy, the old guys (like me) say, "No way, I paid a good price back then because I liked it so much (designed by a woman btw..lol). So the price goes up because I really have no need to sell. I still like it and I'd miss it if it was gone.

Does everything your Mrs. doesn't lol.

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #12 - Feb 26th, 2018 at 1:35am

Btw. How do I post a photo here?
How do I access from my personal files?

Nearly 6000 posts and not one pic..lol.
A picture is worth a thousand words.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #13 - Feb 26th, 2018 at 1:36am

Amadd wrote on Feb 26th, 2018 at 1:32am:
Setanta wrote on Feb 26th, 2018 at 1:26am:

Does everything your Mrs. doesn't lol.

I had an AP5 with a warmed over 265 in it until a few years ago. I went to the RTA to do reg stuff one day and some guy started talking to me about it. I said it's older than the wife and the body is in better shape, he asked it it rode as well.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #14 - Feb 26th, 2018 at 1:39am

Amadd wrote on Feb 26th, 2018 at 1:35am:
Btw. How do I post a photo here?
How do I access from my personal files?

If it's a photo you have on your HDD, when you post or reply to a message, under the smileys there is a box that says "choose file", click it and navigate to the file you want to attach. It will have to meet the file size allowed. If it doesn't, shrink it in Gimp or something.

« Last Edit: Feb 26th, 2018 at 1:52am by Setanta »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print