Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Poll closed Poll
Question: Will you be voting for an Aboriginal Voice?
*** This poll has now closed ***

NO    
  7 (77.8%)
YES    
  2 (22.2%)

Total votes: 9
« Created by: Grappler Truth Teller Feller on: Jan 10th, 2023 at 4:02pm »

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 8
Send Topic Print
“Don’t Welcome Me to My Own Country” (Read 4572 times)
Boris
Gold Member

Australian Politics

“Don’t Welcome Me to My Own Country”
Jan 5th, 2023 at 4:40pm

Many Australians feel they have no voice, few politicians speak for them, and nobody listens to them. We are angry, fed up, and saddened at what our once-great and beloved country has become. Some who fought for this country now wonder why they bothered. I suggest that our politicians and businesspeople ignore this disgruntled group at their peril, for their pent-up rage simmers. Displaying a meaningful bumper sticker gives many the only opportunity they have of expressing their feelings.

I have received various suggestions as to how I could extend the sticker range. Some are very funny, some clever and some (both funny and clever) are unfortunately inappropriate for public display. Western Australia is the most common address of those buying stickers, and the most popular sticker is “Don’t Welcome Me to My Own Country”. The phony welcome-to-country cere­mony infuriates almost all of us. Several people mentioned their determination to respond verbally—and very loudly—when subjected to these performances. Many were unaware that those conducting the ceremonies are paid substantial sums to do so. The recent budget (in which over $216 million was promised to push the Yes vote, and not a brass razoo for the No vote) caused a rush of sticker orders from angry and disbelieving Australians.

Our Prime Minister has said it was just “simple courtesy, it is common decency” to vote Yes. Nice people will vote Yes and they will be on the right side of history. Albo also says we are all diminished when First Nations (sic) people are denied their right to a happy and fulfilling life. So get with the program, be a good little Aussie and vote Yes for Aboriginal happiness and fulfilment. Spare me this sanctimonious poppycock!

Dr Nina Lansbury is using her position as Senior Lecturer in Planetary Health, School of Public Health, at the University of Queensland, to advise of the “significant public health benefits to the country” of a Yes vote. Vote Yes for First Nations (sic) to have good health and well-being.

Vote No and you will be condemning Aborigines to racism and other prejudices, lack of respect and denial of human rights. She is saying: If you vote No, Aboriginal health is at risk; if you vote Yes, the health and wellbeing of Aboriginal people will improve.

Notwithstanding the highly dubious nature of her statements, Dr Lansbury is threatening the Australian voter, just as we were threatened during the same-sex-marriage “debate”. “Vote as I say, or else …” She is even giving away T-shirts to her supporters, with detailed instructions as to where and how often they should wear them just in case they are unable to decide this on their own. The beneficiaries of her largesse are requested to wear their T-shirts at least twice a month in the lead-up to the referendum, in public places, walking the dog, when mixing in big crowds, at the supermarket, picking up the kids from school and so on. Perhaps the commonsense-o-meter within the hallowed grounds of our universities is running at an all-time low.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton
Re: “Don’t Welcome Me to My Own Country”
Reply #1 - Jan 5th, 2023 at 4:50pm

The Voice referendum seems to be racially discriminatory implying that indigenous people are not having their health and welfare matters already addressed by politicians. That is the basic idea I have about this matter. We do not need to lose our minds about the good and bad of the proposal until we see the details made public in full.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Jan 5th, 2023 at 4:54pm

Quote:
Don’t Welcome Me to My Own Country”

Typically bigots aren't welcome anywhere anyway so lucky you

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #3 - Jan 5th, 2023 at 4:57pm

Yeah, yeah, whatever, Matty, whatever...  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Jan 5th, 2023 at 4:58pm

John Smith wrote on Jan 5th, 2023 at 4:54pm:
Quote:

Fathead Thick As misconstrued even simple clauses.
What hope for a full sentence?

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Jan 5th, 2023 at 5:03pm

Frank wrote on Jan 5th, 2023 at 4:58pm:
John Smith wrote on Jan 5th, 2023 at 4:54pm:
Quote:

Fathead Thick As misconstrued even simple clauses.
What hope for a full sentence?

Ohh look, one of ozpols biggest bigots ... and an immigrant to boot. bugger of back home you stupid crunt

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Belgarion
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Jan 5th, 2023 at 5:26pm

Those who support this Voice are saying that Aboriginals are not capable of doing anything without special help. The racism of low expectations runs throughout their virtue signalling.  Roll Eyes

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Voltaire.....(possibly)

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Jan 5th, 2023 at 5:36pm

Belgarion wrote on Jan 5th, 2023 at 5:26pm:
Those who support this Voice are saying that Aboriginals are not capable of doing anything without special help.

If we can help frank we can help aborigines

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Jan 5th, 2023 at 6:40pm

VOICE__ONE.png (228 KB | 7 )
VOICE__ONE.png

IP Logged

AusGeoff
Gold Member

Sage of Gippsland

Victoria
Reply #9 - Jan 5th, 2023 at 6:55pm

Hey Boris... and attribution would've been nice.

Joanna Hackett, "Sticking it to the Voice and its Promoters".
Quadrant Online, 5 January.

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Jan 5th, 2023 at 7:14pm

Who is in charge of the NO campaign, we know Albo and Adam lead the charge for the YES campaign heavily backed in by our ABC and the rest of the MSM. The sheep will follow.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #11 - Jan 5th, 2023 at 7:14pm

$216m for a yes vote?  Chicken feed - that would only satisfy 700 or so Brittany style claims.... just a drop in the bucket considering the astronomical number of unreporteds (yardle, yardle) who will now bravely come forward knowing the golden rainbow is just waiting there.......

You couldn't make this stuff up....
« Last Edit: Jan 5th, 2023 at 7:21pm by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Jan 5th, 2023 at 7:18pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jan 5th, 2023 at 7:14pm:
$216m for a yes vote?  Chicken feed - that would only satisfy 700 or so Brittany style claims.... just a drop in the bucket considering the astronomical number of unreporteds (yardle, yardle) who will now come forward knowing the golden rainbow is just waiting there.......

You couldn't make this stuff up....

I hear there are some bumper stickers being printed up for the NO side, it's wacist to even do that.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Jan 5th, 2023 at 7:30pm

see if this comes out....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Jan 5th, 2023 at 7:31pm

― John Adams

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 8
Send Topic Print