Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Poll closed Poll
Question: Should it be against the rules also?
*** This poll has now closed ***

YES    
  2 (33.3%)
NO    
  2 (33.3%)
Too hard basket to think about    
  2 (33.3%)
FD will do nothing about it anyway    
  0 (0.0%)

Total votes: 6
« Created by: Jasin on: Mar 6th, 2024 at 12:12am »

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Changing people's quoted posts (Read 456 times)
Jasin
Gold Member

Changing people's quoted posts
Mar 6th, 2024 at 12:06am

Now I know it is a banning offence if a Member quotes another Member's post and then changes the wording within it or adds wording within it.
I know this from being banned for 2 weeks when Peccary complained about me doing it, to the Gmods, FD a while back.
Lesson learned.

But lately I've enquired about when Members take another Member's post under quote and also 'change it' by removing parts of the post to suit their own reply beneath it.
In my view - this should also be a banning offence (and 2 weeks like I got, eh? Roll Eyes).
But FD's consideration of this is that it is a 'FAULT' (Ghost) in the System - due to that when Members run out of 'characters' upon a page, they delete characters within the quoted post to make up for more character space, etc.
To me, this is a bit of a 'cop-out' more than Fault in the System.
One can always continue upon a 2nd Page for lack of 'laziness'.

With this said. I don't think the likes of Mattyfisk (here), Peccary, Smith, Dnarever, Brian - basically the Troll usuals.
Are actually suffering the inept 'fault' of running out of Page Characters in typing.
Instead, they could be said to be 'exploiting' it wether they are consciously aware of the loophole or not.
Regardless, in my view - they should be banned for they are changing the other Member's QUOTED post like what is already a BANNING OFFENCE.

Draw the line FD.

https://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1709586029/7#7
« Last Edit: Mar 6th, 2024 at 12:14am by Jasin »  

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Re: Changing people's quoted posts
Reply #1 - Mar 6th, 2024 at 12:12am

Poll Added

...posted in Relationships as not everyone can post in FEEDBACK Board.
« Last Edit: Mar 6th, 2024 at 12:26am by Jasin »  

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Mar 6th, 2024 at 7:32am

If FD banned people for only quoting part of a quote that he'd have to ban himself you dumbarse.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Set tried this battle once before and lost

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #3 - Mar 6th, 2024 at 7:50am

Jasin wrote on Mar 6th, 2024 at 12:12am:
Poll Added

...posted in Relationships as not everyone can post in FEEDBACK Board.

My Rules allow me to delete Polls but I'll leave this one.  It might have some value if the bloody socks stay out of it.

And yes, Setanta raised this before but he never got far with it.

I'm not sure what the current 'rule' is.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #4 - Mar 6th, 2024 at 8:14am

Cheers Aussie.
Like I said, I would have put this in Feedback but...
1. Not many members can reply-post there
2. It would have probably been flushed here to Relationships anyway

FD needs to draw a line.
It is literally 'Contradictive' in that one gets banned for changing another person's post by 'addition', but not for changing another person's post by 'subtraction'.
FD's excuse of it being a Ghost (Fault) in the Machine - well, I can't buy that beyond it being a 'lazy' excuse.
I know both GMODS have looked into this one 'everyone's behalf' and given the 'can't be bothered' wave of the hand.
I've PM'd Freediver about this - but the 'No Reply'...

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Mar 6th, 2024 at 11:47am

Jasin wrote on Mar 6th, 2024 at 8:14am:
... It is literally 'Contradictive' in that one gets banned for changing another person's post by 'addition', but not for changing another person's post by 'subtraction'. ...

Do you know what an ellipsis is?

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Mar 6th, 2024 at 11:54am

greggerypeccary wrote on Mar 6th, 2024 at 11:47am:
... It is literally 'Contradictive' in that one gets banned for changing another person's post by 'addition', but not for changing another person's post by 'subtraction'. ...

You shouldn't talk about ellipsis, turd, you are one of the worst redacters - not the same thing.

You delete parts of posts not because the bit is understood without needing to be said but because you want to redact and ignore it.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #7 - Mar 6th, 2024 at 11:58am

Bbbaaaaa!

"wether" or not JSin gives a f**k.

Quote:
weth·er  (wĕth′ər)
n.
A castrated male sheep or goat.

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Mar 6th, 2024 at 12:00pm

Frank wrote on Mar 6th, 2024 at 11:54am:

You shouldn't talk about ...

Settle, petal.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #9 - Mar 6th, 2024 at 12:04pm

John Smith wrote on Mar 6th, 2024 at 7:32am:
If FD banned people for only quoting part of a quote that he'd have to ban himself you dumbarse.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

You shouldn't be allowed to do it if it changes the meaning of what a poster has written.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Mar 6th, 2024 at 1:35pm

Bobby. wrote on Mar 6th, 2024 at 12:04pm:

You shouldn't be allowed to do it if it changes the meaning of what a poster has written.

no one is changing what you wrote dumbarse. If someone wishes to deal with one part of your comment, why quote reams of bullshit?

Jasin's just having his periods again

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #11 - Mar 6th, 2024 at 5:34pm

You shouldn't talk about ellipsis, turd, you are one of the worst redacters - not the same thing.

You delete parts of posts not because the bit is understood without needing to be said but because you want to redact and ignore it.

And he was also, going by older topics I've found. One the original perpetrators of changing other people's posts by 'adding on' his own words and even doing his famous 'strikethroughs' of their entire 'quoted' post.
All this before it became a Banning Rule - probably because of him, himself.  Grin

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #12 - Mar 6th, 2024 at 5:36pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Mar 6th, 2024 at 12:00pm:

You shouldn't talk about ...

Settle, petal.

[url]https://assets.ltkcontent.com/images/102515/What-Are-Ellipses-22_27c5
571306.jpg[/url]

Still a cop-out, that you 'exploit'. You need to post the entire post of the Members post or just leave it the f_uck alone - just like you don't 'add to it' with your own words.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #13 - Mar 6th, 2024 at 5:38pm

It 'compromises' what the poster has written. That's enough, in it being changed, to warrant the same 'equality' for when Posts are corrupted by 'add on'.
Addition and Subtraction 'equals' = a Ban.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #14 - Mar 6th, 2024 at 5:41pm

John Smith wrote on Mar 6th, 2024 at 1:35pm:

no one is changing what you wrote dumbarse. If someone wishes to deal with one part of your comment, why quote reams of bullshit?

Jasin's just having his periods again

Oh shut up moron Troll. Go pack to Monk's Toilet Block until you get an epiphany on how to wipe the 'cu_nt stain' from your mouth fanny-face when you talk.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print