Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 
Send Topic Print
Looking back on Mungo Man (Read 4058 times)
Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Re: Looking back on Mungo Man
Reply #105 - Mar 12th, 2024 at 6:57pm

Brian Ross wrote on Mar 12th, 2024 at 11:45am:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Mar 11th, 2024 at 11:13pm:
DNA test or no dice....

*SIGH* There are no DNA tests that prove or disprove if a person is Indigenous or not.  DNA doesn't work like that.  There are more differences between individuals than there are between "Racial" groups.   "Racial" groups do not exist except in your imagination, Graps.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

*SIGH*  but there IS a sufficient database collected in pursuit of criminals to increasingly permit a test that shows Aboriginality.. and it will grow bigger by the day - the thing was there IS a test - same as everyone else - it required a sufficient database.

Apart from that - WTF is wrong with you?  DNA from Mungo Man and DNA from current claimants can easily be collected and tested... not even remotely near the same thing as you are attempting to discuss.  But Mungo Man's remains are 'sacred' to those who cannot even prove a connection with him.... lest the test prove they have no connection with him.

Mumbo-jumbo.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Sir Eoin O Fada
Gold Member

Australian Politics

New England, NSW
Reply #106 - Mar 13th, 2024 at 2:14am

DNA can prove descent, end of story.

Self defence is a right.

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #107 - Mar 13th, 2024 at 9:07am

Baronvonrort wrote on Mar 12th, 2024 at 5:23pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Mar 11th, 2024 at 4:51pm:
Baronvonrort wrote on Mar 11th, 2024 at 3:59pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Mar 10th, 2024 at 3:39pm:
Looking back on Mungo Man – human remains millennia older than the pyramids – 50 years on - his discovery changed everything we knew about Indigenous Australians - for the better.

The Egyptians built the Pyramids around 5000 years ago.

The best the Aborigines could do in 40,000 years is a bark hut.

*SIGH* there is evidence that Indigenous Australians once lived in Stone Huts.  The idea that they have been nomadic all their existence is old hat.  The climate of Australia was once much wetter and supported Aquaculture and Agriculture.  Please, acquaint yourself with modern Archeology, Baron.  Your Racism is showing too clearly to be of much use.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

You should apologise for spreading misinformation.

They were nomadic hunter gatherers.

[]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5k-vqEsNyUo[]

Well, there's a 'mystery' solved!

The BBC-English narrator of the clip above and the one in Malcolm Douglas's Australian Adventures was none other than Australia's Peter Finch of "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore" fame!

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #108 - Mar 13th, 2024 at 9:09am

Sir Eoin O Fada wrote on Mar 13th, 2024 at 2:14am:

Is it easy to find DNA in remains that were sitting in the sun for 40000 years?

IP Logged

AusGeoff
Gold Member

Sage of Gippsland

Victoria
Reply #109 - Mar 13th, 2024 at 6:09pm

Not necessarily.

The Human Genome Project was a major scientific development in human
genomics and biomedical sciences. Its findings suggested that all humans
are 99.9% genetically identical
and only 0.1% of genetic variations are
responsible for the phenotypic differences, such as physical traits (height,
intelligence, hair, and eye colour), disease susceptibility, and drug responses,
among individuals in populations.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #110 - Mar 13th, 2024 at 6:48pm

FCS - where the database exists it can determine relationship... SO... hold the local Keffir down and extract their DNA, solve a few cold cases while you're at it.... and check them against Mungo Man to see if there is a relationship connection.  There have been DNA samples taken from dinosaur bones, FFS.... wake up.

Stop trying to muddy the waters with your deliberately confused misunderstanding of science - just come out and say you are afraid to compare local Keffir with Mungo Man because the chances are they have zero familial relationship, and  the original local Keffir were probably over-run time and again and massacred... you know.. genocided by their loving tribal mates in the idyllic paradise etc.

THAT's what you are all frightened of... now PROVE connection or get outta here...

I just read Michael Asher's tale of what lead to the downfall of the Touareg 'culture' (the original Toe-Rags, capisce?) ... violent self-isolation, slavery, tribal feuding, massacre, treachery, deceit, every possible abuse and subjection of women (and ours whine daily as if they've got nothing - jayzuz!), and every criminal way on earth.... and they finally made the mistake of killing off a French exploration party, and were roundly chastised by a French column of around 350-400 trained men.... invaded and crushed... a non-civilisation gone with the wind...

Now - about those required changes to Aboriginal culture to suit the mainly peaceful occupation by a vast majority of Europeans..... and to fit in to the modern era just a little and get off their arses.... no excuses like it was traditional to save energy etc - I thought their wonderful meat laden diet gave them heaps of energy and didn't cause all the problems of an unbalanced diet at all... no scurvy etc.

I'll bet modern day medical examination of the Keffir Originals here would tell a different story... full of worms, malnutrition, scurvy, all those diet things .... and killing one another with gay abandon while searching out an empire in the old way of conquering it from others and subjugating or genociding them while abusing and subjugating women  ...

Getchu heads outchu asses ....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #111 - Mar 13th, 2024 at 7:01pm

AusGeoff wrote on Mar 13th, 2024 at 6:09pm:

Not necessarily.

intelligence, hair, and eye colour), disease susceptibility, and drug responses,

DNA is a funny thing. 20% of non-african DNA is Neaderthal, we share that out at about 2-3% individually. East Asians also have a significant proportion of Denisovan DNA, up to about 6% in New Guineans, I think. Yet we are still 99.9% identical to Africans who do not share that DNA. We share 98% of our DNA with Chimps apparently.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #112 - Mar 13th, 2024 at 7:12pm

Not necessarily.

My Mum's DNA suggests her DNA comes from the area of Northern Ireland and what was Dal Riada. That would meet up with her female ancestor, Bridget, who came here from Donegal in 1858. She's also Type O.
There's a reason they can tell your ancestry.
« Last Edit: Mar 13th, 2024 at 7:17pm by Setanta »  

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #113 - Mar 13th, 2024 at 7:40pm

Setanta wrote on Mar 13th, 2024 at 7:01pm:

Not necessarily.

DNA is a funny thing. 20% of non-african DNA is Neaderthal, we share that out at about 2-3% individually. East Asians also have a significant proportion of Denisovan DNA, up to about 6% in New Guineans, I think. Yet we are still 99.9% identical to Africans who do not share that DNA. We share 98% of our DNA with Chimps apparently.

You are right in all that. But I have watched clips where they say the Papuans have the highest Denisovian admixture up to 10%.
I would say the Tasmanian Aborigines were of the same influx into this region of Sahul as the Papuans.
The Murrayans probably 60,000 years ago and the more Dravidian Carpentarians only 12,000 years ago recently or 40,000 years ago at the most.
The Tasmanian Aborigines, by way of old photos looked more like the Papuans than like the Carpentarian Aborigines.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #114 - Mar 13th, 2024 at 7:42pm

Graps, you have no understanding of how DNA works.  So, I think it is pointless trying to educate you.  Run along, keep your crazy ideas to yourself.  Tsk, tsk, tsk... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #115 - Mar 13th, 2024 at 7:46pm

Brian Ross wrote on Mar 13th, 2024 at 7:42pm:
Graps, you have no understanding of how DNA works.  So, I think it is pointless trying to educate you.  Run along, keep your crazy ideas to yourself.  Tsk, tsk, tsk... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

You have no idea about anything, you're mostly asleep at the wheel.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #116 - Mar 13th, 2024 at 7:46pm

Jasin wrote on Mar 13th, 2024 at 7:40pm:
Setanta wrote on Mar 13th, 2024 at 7:01pm:

Not necessarily.

You are right in all that. But I have watched clips where they say the Papuans have the highest Denisovian admixture up to 10%.
I would say the Tasmanian Aborigines were of the same influx into this region of Sahul as the Papuans.
The Murrayans probably 60,000 years ago and the more Dravidian Carpentarians only 12,000 years ago recently or 40,000 years ago at the most.
The Tasmanian Aborigines, by way of old photos looked more like the Papuans than like the Carpentarian Aborigines.

The dingo was introduced not much longer that 4-5 thousand years ago. You can still see the Indian Pariah dog in them at a glance.

Australian Dingoes...

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #117 - Mar 13th, 2024 at 8:36pm

I would have to agree.
Even the didgeridoo is just a recent addition to here - also around 6,000 years old in concept here.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #118 - Mar 13th, 2024 at 9:15pm

Setanta wrote on Mar 13th, 2024 at 7:12pm:

Not necessarily.

My Mum's DNA suggests her DNA comes from the area of Northern Ireland and what was Dal Riada. That would meet up with her female ancestor, Bridget, who came here from Donegal in 1858. She's also Type O.
There's a reason they can tell your ancestry.

Same sort of thing here - with Irish/Scottish/Swedish/ Danish etc.... some say that as an Rh- I have less chimp and more alien DNA... sounds good...

For all the condescending nastiness - HTF does Brian imagine such links can even be found if not via comparison with a database?

Easy as pie - GET a database of your Keffir here and let's see who and what they actually are.  I'll bet none of those out there are remotely related to Mungo Man.... but how convenient!  That's like saying the inhabitants of East Sussex are all related to Piltdown Man...   Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin

Footnote:-  NSW has a fine database of Keffir now since that rape case up north west when all the Keffir in town were sampled and then it became mandatory for all in prison, even on remand, who could possibly serve five years..... plenty of Keffir in that lot.... good old Neo-Fascist Bob Carr.... but he did run a fine meeting of public servants!!!  **face palms**

― John Adams

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #119 - Mar 13th, 2024 at 9:18pm

Not necessarily.

But 0.04% of the atmosphere definitely controls global climate.

Yeah, right.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 
Send Topic Print