Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Poll Poll
Question: Are you supportive of Nuclear power in Australia?

Yes    
  12 (52.2%)
No    
  8 (34.8%)
Undecided    
  3 (13.0%)

Total votes: 23
« Created by: Captain Nemo on: Jun 20th, 2024 at 10:45pm »

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 26
Send Topic Print
Dutton reveals 7 sites for nuclear power plants (Read 6147 times)
Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Re: Dutton reveals 7 sites for nuclear power plants
Reply #195 - Jun 23rd, 2024 at 9:36pm

Daves2017 wrote on Jun 23rd, 2024 at 7:33pm:
I think it's a great idea if it provides cheaper energy to both households and industry after the disaster that labor has created by privatisation of electricity.

If it's voted down I ask, to be consistent we should also immediately stop exporting uranium!

Can those against nuclear explain why they have no issues with us supplying the rest of the world with the base nuclear fuel?

Does it suddenly become safer and environmental friendly once loaded on a boat and shipped offshore??

Quote:
explain why they have no issues with us supplying the rest of the world

Who said that anyone supports the export of uranium ? The opposition to this is huge.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #196 - Jun 23rd, 2024 at 9:38pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jun 23rd, 2024 at 8:53pm:
I think it's a great idea if it provides cheaper energy to both households and industry after the disaster that labor has created by privatisation of electricity.

I think you'll find that most privatisation efforts have been undertaken by the Tories, Dave.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

They would have already planned to privatise nuclear as well. The people get to provide the huge cost of building it but once it is running it would be sold to private enterprise at a bargain basement price just like everything else.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #197 - Jun 23rd, 2024 at 9:41pm

Quote:
.I think it's a great idea if it provides cheaper energy to both households and industry after the disaster that labor has created by privatisation of electricity.

If it's voted down I ask, to be consistent we should also immediately stop exporting uranium!

Can those against nuclear explain why they have no issues with us supplying the rest of the world with the base nuclear fuel?

Does it suddenly become safer and environmental friendly once loaded on a boat and shipped offshore??

OH quick - look here its a straw man argument.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #198 - Jun 23rd, 2024 at 9:50pm

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #199 - Jun 23rd, 2024 at 10:26pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Jun 23rd, 2024 at 3:27pm:
Engineers factor in Consequences of Failure with solar you're one big hailstorm away from the lights going out.

You want to bring up the consequences of failure in a Nuclear power argument?

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #200 - Jun 23rd, 2024 at 10:31pm

Dnarever wrote on Jun 23rd, 2024 at 9:38pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jun 23rd, 2024 at 8:53pm:

I think you'll find that most privatisation efforts have been undertaken by the Tories, Dave.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

They would have already planned to privatise nuclear as well. The people get to provide the huge cost of building it but once it is running it would be sold to private enterprise at a bargain basement price just like everything else.

Labor has been involved in some aspects of electricity market reform and privatisation, particularly at the federal level and in certain states like New South Wales, the Liberal Party has generally been more active in pursuing outright privatisation of electricity assets, especially in Victoria and South Australia.

It will be no surprise that it's those two states with the most problems with power generation and grid management.

But either way, essential services like energy should have never been privatised and changes to a for profit model.

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #201 - Jun 23rd, 2024 at 10:33pm

As more experts are chiming in and more information is known about the Libs plan (or what missing is more clear) support for it is starting to drop.

Once people get past the bullshit and start getting into the detail, it doesn't hold up.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #202 - Jun 24th, 2024 at 12:10am

SadKangaroo wrote on Jun 23rd, 2024 at 10:26pm:
Baronvonrort wrote on Jun 23rd, 2024 at 3:27pm:
Engineers factor in Consequences of Failure with solar you're one big hailstorm away from the lights going out.

You want to bring up the consequences of failure in a Nuclear power argument?

Chernobyl was human error in safety drill with old fashioned Russian crap it didn't have to happen.
Did you listen to ANSTO chief in the video i linked who told you how it can be contained with modern designs?
He is an expert on Nuclear unlike your ABC activists.

Fukishima was hit by earthquake and Tsunami which is pretty much worst case scenario.
The backup generators for coolant pumps were drowned because they were underground in basement which is easily fixed design flaw.

Hailstorms have destroyed solar farms when that happens here you will be sitting in the dark waiting for a slow boat from China to bring more solar panels here.

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #203 - Jun 24th, 2024 at 12:16am

SadKangaroo wrote on Jun 23rd, 2024 at 10:33pm:
As more experts are chiming in and more information is known about the Libs plan (or what missing is more clear) support for it is starting to drop.

The Polls are showing good support for nuclear much like the poll in this forum.

6 of the 7 sites are in Lib/Nats seats. It makes sense to replace those coal buring sites with nuclear you don't have to buy thousands of KM of wires to transmit power it's virtually plug and play.

The real experts say this can be done in 5-6 years but with Labor and unions running it i can see why they say 30 years.

How many trillions will this renewable rubbish cost i see Labor hasn't released any numbers.

trillions.jpg (48 KB | 1 )
trillions.jpg

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #204 - Jun 24th, 2024 at 12:23am

This billionaire says it all on the piss and wind coming from leftists.

WB_005.jpg (47 KB | 1 )
WB_005.jpg

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #205 - Jun 24th, 2024 at 12:24am

A former PM has some conflicts of interest in discussing this.

How much taxpayers money are these grifters getting?

talksbull.jpg (141 KB | 3 )
talksbull.jpg

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #206 - Jun 24th, 2024 at 12:48am

It's a cold winter night with no wind and solar panels aren't working.

If i had a Tesla powerwall 2 it's rated at 13.5KwH costs $14,500 my 2000 watt fan heater would have drained it before midnight if i ran it from sunset with nothing else using electricity.

Those who are pushing wind and solar still haven't come up with viable storage they're not factoring in battery costs.
Lithium batteries are great they only last 2500-3000 cycles doesn't matter if it's phone laptop car or Tesla powerwall.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #207 - Jun 24th, 2024 at 12:59am

Baronvonrort wrote on Jun 24th, 2024 at 12:16am:
SadKangaroo wrote on Jun 23rd, 2024 at 10:33pm:

The Polls are showing good support for nuclear ...

Show us.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #208 - Jun 24th, 2024 at 6:33am

Quote:
The real experts say this can be done in 5-6 years but with Labor and unions running it i can see why they say 30 years.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Absolute crap. If Mr potato Head wins he won't have even turned the first shovel of soil to start building, let alone have one complete and operational.
Best you stick to playing with your cabbage patch dolls.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #209 - Jun 24th, 2024 at 6:48am

John Smith wrote on Jun 24th, 2024 at 6:33am:
Quote:

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Absolute crap. If Mr potato Head wins he won't have even turned the first shovel of soil to start building, let alone have one complete and operational.
Best you stick to playing with your cabbage patch dolls.

I am sure the Chinese could do it that quickly. No public consultation. No negotiation. Mobilise a million labourers on 50c a day. Lose maybe 100 of them in construction accidents. End up with a leaky reactor. They've done it plenty of times before.

Baronvonrort wrote on Jun 24th, 2024 at 12:48am:
It's a cold winter night with no wind and solar panels aren't working.

If i had a Tesla powerwall 2 it's rated at 13.5KwH costs $14,500 my 2000 watt fan heater would have drained it before midnight if i ran it from sunset with nothing else using electricity.

Those who are pushing wind and solar still haven't come up with viable storage they're not factoring in battery costs.
Lithium batteries are great they only last 2500-3000 cycles doesn't matter if it's phone laptop car or Tesla powerwall.

Those cost figures are outdated and were cherry picked to begin with. It's got everything backwards to what the real current costs are.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 26
Send Topic Print