Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Poll Poll
Question: Are you supportive of Nuclear power in Australia?

Yes    
  12 (52.2%)
No    
  8 (34.8%)
Undecided    
  3 (13.0%)

Total votes: 23
« Created by: Captain Nemo on: Jun 20th, 2024 at 10:45pm »

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 27
Send Topic Print
Dutton reveals 7 sites for nuclear power plants (Read 7142 times)
greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Dutton reveals 7 sites for nuclear power plants
Reply #330 - Jun 26th, 2024 at 12:18pm

Frank wrote on Jun 26th, 2024 at 11:25am:
SadKangaroo wrote on Jun 26th, 2024 at 11:16am:
Frank wrote on Jun 26th, 2024 at 11:13am:
Just re[eating demagoguery doesn't make it true:

Quote:
Their plan is to benefit their mining benefactors, not provide reliable, affordable and clean energy to the people.

This is such juvenile, adolescent 'fighting tories' from the 1960s crap. I am amazed that anyone over 25 thinks like this.

Until they can provide more detail, which Dutton has already stated won't be until after we're to vote at the next election, it's the only conclusion you can draw from the plan as we know it today.

They're not even talking about generation capacity in a way that will allow us to compare with other options...

If you could, you would explain how 7 nationalised nuclear power plants 'benefit their mining benefactors'.

Simple.

Money is taken away from renewables ("We don't need them anymore, we're going nuclear") and funnelled back into gas & coal until the nuclear power plants are operating (which is never, or at least a generation away).

So, their mining benefactors get to keep all the money for at least the next 30 to 40 years.

It's a fairly transparent scheme, Frank.

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #331 - Jun 26th, 2024 at 12:22pm

Frank wrote on Jun 26th, 2024 at 11:46am:
Mining companies are mining and exporting a lot of uranioum ALREADY!!!  Using some of it here makes zero difference to the mining companies.

It's never been about Nuclear or uranium mining.

It's all about gas.

That's why it's not a Nuclear energy policy, but a gas one, and that benefits the mining industry.

Even their logic of still aiming for a zero emissions power gird, they've not said how they'll get there.

They're either going to need to drastically increase Nuclear generation, use a bullshit credit system, or heavily invest in renewables and their storage.

Which is more likely for the Coalition?

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #332 - Jun 26th, 2024 at 12:54pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jun 26th, 2024 at 12:18pm:

Quote:
Their plan is to benefit their mining benefactors, not provide reliable, affordable and clean energy to the people.

This is such juvenile, adolescent 'fighting tories' from the 1960s crap. I am amazed that anyone over 25 thinks like this.

Until they can provide more detail, which Dutton has already stated won't be until after we're to vote at the next election, it's the only conclusion you can draw from the plan as we know it today.

They're not even talking about generation capacity in a way that will allow us to compare with other options...

If you could, you would explain how 7 nationalised nuclear power plants 'benefit their mining benefactors'.

Simple.

Money is taken away from renewables ("We don't need them anymore, we're going nuclear") and funnelled back into gas & coal until the nuclear power plants are operating (which is never, or at least a generation away).

So, their mining benefactors get to keep all the money for at least the next 30 to 40 years.

Laughable nonsense.

Gas and coal are profitable without the eye watering government subsidies of wind and solar. Those subsidies would not be given to coal and gas. Unnecessary for them

So yours IS a silly conspiracy theory.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #333 - Jun 26th, 2024 at 12:56pm

SadKangaroo wrote on Jun 26th, 2024 at 12:22pm:
Mining companies are mining and exporting a lot of uranioum ALREADY!!!  Using some of it here makes zero difference to the mining companies.

It's all about gas.

That's why it's not a Nuclear energy policy, but a gas one, and that benefits the mining industry.

Even their logic of still aiming for a zero emissions power gird, they've not said how they'll get there.

They're either going to need to drastically increase Nuclear generation, use a bullshit credit system, or heavily invest in renewables and their storage.

You do realise, don't you, that renewables require a lot of mining, too. Wind turbines and solar panels and batteries are not made of wood and paper and political hot air.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #334 - Jun 26th, 2024 at 1:40pm

Frank wrote on Jun 26th, 2024 at 12:56pm:

It's all about gas.

You do realise, don't you, that renewables require a lot of mining, too. Wind turbines and solar panels and batteries are not made of wood and paper and political hot air.

Good thing you're so shhmmmartt, ehhh dipshit.

No one would ever have figured any of that out without you to tell them Cheesy Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #335 - Jun 26th, 2024 at 1:43pm

Frank wrote on Jun 26th, 2024 at 12:54pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jun 26th, 2024 at 12:18pm:

Quote:

Simple.

Laughable nonsense.

Gas and coal are profitable without the eye watering government subsidies of wind and solar. Those subsidies would not be given to coal and gas. Unnecessary for them

So yours IS a silly conspiracy theory.

Like global warming is a hoax according to you Fwank....Why go nuclear if global warming is a hoax....Why replace gas and coal with nuclear when there is no need according to you....aeaither Nuclear is needed to contain global warming or it is not needed....You cannot claim global warming is a hoax and then claim Nuclear is the only way to fix the problem....You are a complete flake and a dickhead Fwank!!!

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #336 - Jun 26th, 2024 at 2:00pm

opps, dumbarse gets it wrong again

Quote:
In 2022–23, Australian Federal and state governments provided a total of $11.1 billion worth of spending and tax breaks to assist fossil fuel industries.

https://australiainstitute.org.au/report/fossil-fuel-subsidies-in-australia-2023...

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #337 - Jun 26th, 2024 at 2:01pm

It's all about gas.

That's how you intend to deflect?

Lot of white flags today Frank.

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #338 - Jun 26th, 2024 at 2:03pm

John Smith wrote on Jun 26th, 2024 at 2:00pm:

opps, dumbarse gets it wrong again

Quote:
In 2022–23, Australian Federal and state governments provided a total of $11.1 billion worth of spending and tax breaks to assist fossil fuel industries.

https://australiainstitute.org.au/report/fossil-fuel-subsidies-in-australia-2023...

Not to mention the Nuclear plan will be 100% subsidised.

At least Labor have done a good job in getting multinational corporations to pay more, closer to, their fair share of tax and are doing the same to the miners with our resources they're taking out of the ground.

It's no wonder there is such a well funded campaign against them.

So we might have more to show for it when the true intention of Dutton's plan is put into place, but, I fully expect the Libs to undo the gains Labor have made in corporate tax reform AND mining royalties anyway.

So maybe not...

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #339 - Jun 26th, 2024 at 3:41pm

SadKangaroo wrote on Jun 26th, 2024 at 2:01pm:

It's all about gas.

I've told you before: Frank won't listen.

He likes to live in his own little world.

No amount of proof will convince him if it's something he doesn't like.

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #340 - Jun 26th, 2024 at 3:49pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jun 26th, 2024 at 3:41pm:

It's all about gas.

What is it about this place that attracts so many mentally ill posters?

I'm not saying I'm immune.  I clearly can't leave well enough alone, but at least I try to keep my opinions grounded in facts while exposing myself to competing views.

But I'm feeling that itch... The thought that creeps in and makes me realise I need a break from the crazy here.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #341 - Jun 26th, 2024 at 4:04pm

SadKangaroo wrote on Jun 26th, 2024 at 3:49pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jun 26th, 2024 at 3:41pm:

It's all about gas.

What is it about this place that attracts so many mentally ill posters?

I'm not saying I'm immune.  I clearly can't leave well enough alone, but at least I try to keep my opinions grounded in facts while exposing myself to competing views.

But I'm feeling that itch... The thought that creeps in and makes me realise I need a break from the crazy here.

It's quite alarming how detached they are from reality.

Seriously.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #342 - Jun 26th, 2024 at 4:13pm

https://australiainstitute.org.au/report/fossil-fuel-subsidies-i
n-australia-2023...

Ooh tax breaks. Just like renewables get.

"The assistance measures detailed in budget papers and annual reports include far more support measures than are considered by the narrowest definitions of subsidies."

https://australiainstitute.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/P1378-Fossil-fuel-s...

So they gilded the lily. Wink

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #343 - Jun 26th, 2024 at 4:19pm

It's all about gas.

How much mining, compared to coal fired power?

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #344 - Jun 26th, 2024 at 4:28pm

lee wrote on Jun 26th, 2024 at 4:13pm:
https://australiainstitute.org.au/report/fossil-fuel-subsidies-i
n-australia-2023...

Ooh tax breaks. Just like renewables get.

"The assistance measures detailed in budget papers and annual reports include far more support measures than are considered by the narrowest definitions of subsidies."

https://australiainstitute.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/P1378-Fossil-fuel-s...

So they gilded the lily. Wink

no one said renewable don't get any dumbarse. it's the fossil fule morons that keep crying they get no subsidies. Why do you always feel the need to lie about it Lee?

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 27
Send Topic Print